Standard Level Interior

BB3

Country
Country
At this moment, Tesla is only producing long-range Model 3's with premium interiors. So, until "first production" stops, there will not be any standard interiors. But, we expect a black trim instead of the open pore wood decor and textile seating (cloth). In addition to that, the roof will be metal over the driver and front passenger's heads. Manual seats will be six-way adjustable.

@gravityrydr

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I assume the standard interior will be similar to the lowest level Model S interior. I guess the question I should have posed is what is the bottom level Model S interior like?
I really only need the long range battery and the only way to get that early is getting the premium interior package.
$49,000 is really more than I can spend. I've already been told selling one of the kids is out of the question.

roguenode

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Two things I would not want from the basic interior would be cloth seats and no console. I have never seen a Tesla with the cloth seats, so I'm not sure what they are like. Early model S's had that "yacht floor" instead of today's console. I'm guessing the 3's seat coverings will be the same as the cloth in today's models and it will have something close to that yacht floor.

Fwiw, I would expect 3rd party console solutions for the yacht floor, as there were with the model S and you can get a pretty nice set of close-to-OEM-fitment leather or vegan leather seat covers installed for around a grand.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Two things I would not want from the basic interior would be cloth seats and no console. I have never seen a Tesla with the cloth seats, so I'm not sure what they are like. Early model S's had that "yacht floor" instead of today's console. I'm guessing the 3's seat coverings will be the same as the cloth in today's models and it will have something close to that yacht floor.

Fwiw, I would expect 3rd party console solutions for the yacht floor, as there were with the model S and you can get a pretty nice set of close-to-OEM-fitment leather or vegan leather seat covers installed for around a grand.
I think instead it will have similar bins as the premium, but without cover/lids.

Jayc

Country
Country
Do we know anything more about when Tesla intends to offer standard interior? With no sign of the 35k base version, what are the chances we get to pick non-premium interior anytime soon ?

Okay the Premium interior offers a few extra features so it does offer value but anyone else out there who is not keen on wood trim or would much rather put money towards either AWD or LR rather than premium interior ?

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Do we know anything more about when Tesla intends to offer standard interior?
Best guess is that it will be offered at the same time as the standard range car. I believe the latest estimate from Tesla is that delivery of those cars will begin in December.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Best guess is that it will be offered at the same time as the standard range car. I believe the latest estimate from Tesla is that delivery of those cars will begin in December.
I agree with this -- they'll get major flack if they introduce standard battery and it's a $40k car and not a $35k car.

Red Sage

The Cybernetic Samurai
Country
Country
Could the interior of the semi truck be a preview of the Model 3’s standard textile interior? (See 3rd picture)

I think that the original Model S was the 'preview' ... Though, yes the seat coverings in the base Model 3 may be similar to the texture on the seats of the Tesla Semi. The bins, as offered, will probably all be 'open', thus easier to clean.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think that the original Model S was the 'preview' ... Though, I speculate the seat coverings in the base Model 3 may be similar to the texture on the seats of the Tesla Semi. The bins, as offered, will probably all be 'open', thus easier to clean.
fixed that for you

ChrisHH

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Probably going to lose a few features like heated rear seats. Mirrors would not be heated or fold. No fog lamps. Manual adjustable steering wheel and seats. Remove covers off center console except maybe the armrest. reduce ambient lighting and courtesy lighting on ground when opening doors. Replace wood with "piano black finish" or other plastic strip? Unlit visor mirrors. rear view and exterior mirrors would not auto dim.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Probably going to lose a few features like heated rear seats. Mirrors would not be heated or fold. No fog lamps. Manual adjustable steering wheel and seats. Remove covers off center console except maybe the armrest. reduce ambient lighting and courtesy lighting on ground when opening doors. Replace wood with "piano black finish" or other plastic strip? Unlit visor mirrors. rear view and exterior mirrors would not auto dim.
I’m guessing fabric seats and no glass above the front seats either.

ChrisHH

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Totally forgot about the glass roof but that definitely will be gone. I am not so sure about cloth seats, I don't recall the S having a cloth base option but it is a more luxury oriented car so you could be right about cloth. they can also save money on the non PUP by reducing stereo to 5 or 6 speakers. no rear usb is possible but seems needless to drop.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Totally forgot about the glass roof but that definitely will be gone. I am not so sure about cloth seats, I don't recall the S having a cloth base option but it is a more luxury oriented car so you could be right about cloth. they can also save money on the non PUP by reducing stereo to 5 or 6 speakers. no rear usb is possible but seems needless to drop.
I have never seen it but the S did/does have a textile seat.