Standard features - base model

Red Sage

The Cybernetic Samurai
Country
Country
The Standard Features for the Mercedes-Benz C300 Sedan are broken up into different categories:

Performance & Handling
  • 2.0L inline-4 turbo engine
  • ECO Start/Stop system
  • 7G-TRONIC automatic transmission with shift paddles
  • DYNAMIC SELECT
  • 4-wheel multilink Suspension
  • Agility Control
  • Torque Vectoring Brake

Design

• Aggressively elegant design
  • Sport styling
  • Stunningly stylish cabin
  • 17-inch split 5-poke wheels
  • Multifunction steering wheel
  • Natural Grain Brown Ash wood trim

Safety

• COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST PLUS
  • ATTENTION ASSIST
  • LED Daytime Running Lamps
  • Crosswind Assist
  • Rearview camera
  • PRE-SAFE
  • Seat belt technology
  • 9 air bags
  • Adaptive braking technology
  • Antilock Braking System (ABS)
  • Brake Assist (BAS)
  • Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
  • Aluminumand high-strength steel body structure
  • Advanced Tire Pressure Monitoring System
  • SmartKey with KEYLESS-START
  • Antitheft alarm system with remote panic feature
  • Rain-sensing windshield wipers

Comfort & Convenience

• Power front seats with driver-seat memory
  • Dual-zone automatic climate control
  • 5 years of Mercedes-Benz mbrace Connect
  • Remote Start via mbrace Mobile App
  • Seat belt presenters
  • 40/20/40 split-folding rear seats
  • Power-folding side mirrors
  • KEYLESS-START
  • Illuminated entry system
  • HomeLink garage door opener
  • Brake HOLD feature

Audio & Entertainment

• Dual high-resolution screens
  • Central controller
  • FrontBass system
  • Bluetooth audio streaming
  • Dual USB audio ports
  • HD Radio receiver
  • Hands-free Bluetooth interface
  • SD card reader
Yet again, this seems to be an artificially long list. Some of the same features are listed multiple times, using different words. They just seem to enjoy repeating themselves in order to make sure certain points are not missed. Aside from ICE specific items, I again don't see anything listed that would be a deal breaker for me if it were somehow 'missing' from Model ☰. But it is rather strange that they go out of their way to mention seat belts, air bags, and ABS... It's not as if there are any competitors that don't also include those 'features' as standard.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I decided to check the Features Listing for one of the Model ☰ competitors, the Lexus IS, because it is among the more 'luxury' oriented brands. Here's what they chose to focus upon:
(...)
I don't see anything there that I would expect to be curiously or conspicuously 'missing' from the Model ☰. In fact, I don't see much worth noting as a 'feature' at all. Do you guys?
Nope. And to be noted, just recently test drove an IS 300h and it was depressingly & worryingly slow in pick-up!! Did not even feel like the announced 0-60 time of 8 sec., more like 9+! :rolleyes::confused:

Badback

Valued Community Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I decided to check the Features Listing for one of the Model ☰ competitors, the Lexus IS, because it is among the more 'luxury' oriented brands. Here's what they chose to focus upon:

Paddle-Shift Transmissions -- Advanced paddle-shift transmissions put the exhilarating performance of the IS models at your fingertips.
The 2017 IS Line -- The boldly restyled IS line not only turns heads on the road, it even refuses to go unnoticed while parked.
All-Weather Drive -- Standard on the IS 300 and available on the IS 350, all-wheel drive helps provide enhanced traction and control.
Lexus Safety System+ -- With the most comprehensive safety system ever offered on the IS, security comes standard.
10.3-inch Multimedia Display -- The new, larger 10.3-inch display makes everything from the Lexus Enform App Suite to the full-screen navigation map, a stunning viewing experience.
Performance Driving Modes -- Customize your dose of adrenaline. Drive Mode Select enables you to make your IS more responsive or efficient with a simple turn of a dial.
F Sport Performance -- Exclusive F SPORT features take the thrilling performance of the IS to the next level.
Lexus Enform -- With Lexus Enform, peace of mind, convenience and entertainment are always within reach.
Touch-based Climate Controls -- Change the cabin temperature with a swipe of your finger.
F Sport Styling -- Aggressively restyled, the IS F SPORT is designed to stimulate the senses, inside and out.
Supercar Instrumentation -- The customizable digital instrument cluster in the IS F SPORT models was inspired by the LFA supercar.
Headlamp Design -- New LED headlamps feature intelligent high beams, maximizing illumination of the road ahead.
Exceptional Service Experience -- At Lexus, service is more than just taking care of your vehicle. It's making sure you're taken care of throughout the entire ownership experience.

I don't see anything there that I would expect to be curiously or conspicuously 'missing' from the Model ☰. In fact, I don't see much worth noting as a 'feature' at all. Do you guys?
Most of the stuff on that list is just marketing fluff, "IS line", really?

Country
Country
If we compare it to a model it should surpass in spades:

Nissan Leaf :

3 option packs / grades:

XE [standard ] : Tyre Pressure, Keyless Entry [satnav optional] [ 21 k ]
SV [mid spec ]: Rain sensors/ auto wipe , heat pump , follow me home lights, rear view camera , remote charge /heating [ option: cold pack] [ 23 k]
SVE [high spec] : Bose speakers, LED lights , Cold pack, Electric Folding Door Mirrors [26k ]

With the base price of the 3 well above the highest spec leaf, I would assume the standard spec to spec to include what most manufacturers label a tech pack : led lights, keyless entry , tyre pressure , satnav, rear view camera and remote app functionality.

Rainsensors , high end speakers, folding mirrors might be options.

I'm sure Tesla will be acutely aware of what they need to do to coax a leaf owner to upgrade and a A4 owner to switch, balanced with what we expect from a Tesla .....I suspect the base will have enough for both to be pleasantly surprised.

ModFather

old CARmudgeon
Country
Country
I wonder What features will the standard version of model 3 have. Here is what I hope to see as standard in base model with no add-ons:
Since we are playing guessing games, here is my opinion:
Keyless entry Yes
Heatet frontseats not standard, part of a winter package with heated steering wheel
Electric adjustable frontseats (for driver profile) electric driver's seat standard with memory part of interior upgrade package
Electric adjustable steeringwheel (for driver profile) not standard, MAYBE part of interior upgrade package
Auto folding mirrors not standard, part of an interior upgrade package
Light in the ceiling for backseats yes, interior convenience lighting somewhere
Air vents for backseats No
Electric windows front and back Yes we are not in the stone age any longer
Speakers in backdoors not standard, part of a sound system package
USB charging for backseats No
Cloth seats Yes
No interior ambience lighting besides ceiling lights. minimal standard
Remote app control Yes for climate control

I would run a seat heater year round. It could be 95F outside with the AC all the way up and I still would like the seat heater to be on :sweatsmile:
Mel I have found through first experimentation and then through experience that adding more padding to the seating surfaces eliminates any need for heating. Try it, you will like it (meet you at Voodoo's in Portland in our TM3's, first one is on me, the next 11 on you)