Standard Autopilot Features vs. Enhanced autopilot features

Gorillapaws

Country
Country
I'm thinking hard about the enhanced autopilot option. My mom has an X with AP1 and it's a lot of fun. EAP is one of those features that I may need to sacrifice (at least initially) to keep my payments reasonable. There are 2 fantastic features though that the X AP1 has which I was hoping for clarification on:
1. There's the vibration of the wheel option when you drift out of your lane, and also
2. The ability to have your vehicle make a chiming noise when you exceed the speed limit by some preset amount.
Are these features considered part of the free base safety autopilot package? or is the $5k enhanced autopilot necessary to get these features? Thanks.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm thinking hard about the enhanced autopilot option. My mom has an X with AP1 and it's a lot of fun. EAP is one of those features that I may need to sacrifice (at least initially) to keep my payments reasonable. There are 2 fantastic features though that the X AP1 has which I was hoping for clarification on:
1. There's the vibration of the wheel option when you drift out of your lane, and also
2. The ability to have your vehicle make a chiming noise when you exceed the speed limit by some preset amount.
Are these features considered part of the free base safety autopilot package? or is the $5k enhanced autopilot necessary to get these features? Thanks.
I know safety is "free", so I suspect the steering wheel vibration is free. I'm not sure on #2, hopefully someone without EAP can confirm. I was in the same boat and initially opted to go without EAP to keep my cost down, but changed my mind right at the last second before configuring.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I know safety is "free", so I suspect the steering wheel vibration is free. I'm not sure on #2, hopefully someone without EAP can confirm. I was in the same boat and initially opted to go without EAP to keep my cost down, but changed my mind right at the last second before configuring.
For what it's worth, the standard features listed on Tesla's autopilot page lists auto braking, side and front collision warnings, and auto high beams. But then again, lane departure isn't even a listed feature of EAP, so who knows.