Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

Spot the new Model 3 prototype

32K views 140 replies 34 participants last post by  Daliman 
#1 ·
Ok folks, let's entertain ourselves by predicting the date when the next Model 3 prototype will be spotted for the first time, whether in the wild or at a Tesla facility. One pick per customer but you can pick again if your date passes by without success. Winner gets an autographed photo of Trevor, Melinda or Trevor's cat, winner's choice.
My pick is January 25, 2017.

#3 ·
I'll be a little conservative though my heart would lead me to be bolder...
As for the next pic of (new...) prototypes, I'l go for Feb. 23.
As for the next reveal, I've already indicated my bet for March 15.
My pick for the winner's prize will definitely be the self-autographed pic of Trev's cat!! :p

#6 ·
I think it's so close to the final reveal, early production lines being tested and far enough away from possible production start that new prototypes could been seen on that date.

Validation prototypes would have to come off the new production line so timing is about right for early spring to see new ones.

#7 ·
I think it's so close to the final reveal, early production lines being tested and far enough away from possible production start that new prototypes could been seen on that date.

Validation prototypes would have to come off the new production line so timing is about right for early spring to see new ones.
Gosh... that's a lot of Easter eggs to look forward to ! :) Thanks again for all the great insights, Trev! Bravo!!

#20 ·
I really DON'T want a cat-picture, since I love dogs!
But I will still try to pick a 'spot-the-prototype-date' anyway.
I am convinced that the official third presentation will be on March 31. That being a Friday and since it obviously needs to be in the Spring (= March 21 or later), I believe a next new picture of a Model 3 prototype will be 'leaked' a week before March 31, to generate publicity before the presentation. Making it Thursday March 22.
How is that for deduction...?

Reactions: Steve C
#21 ·
I am convinced that the official third presentation will be on March 31. That being a Friday and since it obviously needs to be in the Spring (= March 21 or later), I believe a next new picture of a Model 3 prototype will be 'leaked' a week before March 31, to generate publicity before the presentation. Making it Thursday March 22.
@MichelT3 , if you weren't Dutch, I'd call it a 'Belgian compromise' (between my 3/15 and 3/31!!)... :)
By the way we have three dogs in the family... maybe they need company... :p

#28 ·
I believe by the time my March 31 order arrives in Australia it will be mid 2018, sigh.
I'm hoping for you, but I'm not very hopeful. They said that RHD cars would be produced as last of the reservations in the first few months.
With my reservation on April 22 in Europe, I'm aiming for January 2019. You could be even later... :eek:

Reactions: Michael Russo
#36 ·
Yep.
http://www.tpmsmadesimple.com/faq.php
Congress passed the Transportation Recall Enhancement, Accountability and Documentation (TREAD) Act in 2000. The TREAD Act, among other matters, requires new passenger cars, light trucks and buses to be equipped with a tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)...

Many states don't require the TPMS system to be functional to pass inspection, but all new vehicles must be equiped with such a system.

#38 · (Edited)
Here is the list of selections for the date that a new Model 3 prototype will be spotted (updated January 11):
Steve - January 9
Dan Detweiler & Te3la - January 21
Rick59 - January 25
Kenneth klemczak - February 2
MelindaV - February 3
Topher - February 14 (camouflaged)
Winemaker01 - February 23
EBelly - February 28
Adam B - March 17
Garsh, Trevor, Gilberto Pe-Curto, bmost88 & Steve C - March 31.

Not too late to register your guess. Great prize for the winner (read post #1 in this thread.)
Clarification: sighting must be confirmed by a photo that clearly establishes the car as a new production prototype.

#39 ·
Here is the list of selections for the date that a new Model 3 prototype will be spotted:
Me - January 25
Topher - February 14 (camouflaged)
Winemaker01 - February 23
EBelly - February 28
Garsh, TrevP, Gilberto Pe-Curto & bmost88 - March 31.

Not too late to register your guess. Great prize for the winner (read post #1 in this thread.)
Oh, what the hell...I'll play.

I'm going to go super optimistic...January 21.
That's only two weeks...COME ON ELON!!!!

Dan

#40 ·
Although I'm usually a pretty quiet M3OC member, I'll play.

March 21st. It's the 1st full day of Spring and close to the 1st anniversary of the Model 3 unveil ... although I really hope those who've guessed earlier than I have, win ... because I can't wait for my M3!

Charlie

Reactions: Michael Russo
#41 ·
One of these pictures will be the prize. You pick :)

Nose Cat Eyebrow Eye Felidae
Cat Carnivore Felidae Grey Small to medium-sized cats

#50 ·
One of these pictures will be the prize. You pick :)

View attachment 873 View attachment 874
Au contraire, mon ami, if you read post #1, there are three prizes available: you, you & cat, Melinda. If I recall correctly, Melinda has a dog so Melinda & dog would be the third option. Btw, I'm a dog person.

#45 ·
Where do they normally test their cars before the reveals? Is it a the Fremont Track? It's quite amazing how Tesla can keep things under wrap so well unlike most other vehicle manufacturers where spy shots are so common. There's got to be a pre-release Model 3 around somewhere. I would guess that there's lots of testing and fine tuning of interior and exterior fit prior to full production.

#47 · (Edited)
They were driving preproduction Model Xs on the streets in 2015 and were being sighted all the time. The first spy shot we got was in January 2015 at the old Alameda naval yard. After that they took to the streets.

If anyone is in the Bay Area I'd be hanging around their test track and head office in Palo Alto if you want to see beta cars. We should start seeing them soon.

#48 · (Edited)
Just because you said that, I have several hundred cat pictures that I can send.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.