Spot the new Model 3 prototype

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Has anyone in this club spotted a Model 3 test mule out and about on the road? I spotted a Model X several months before they first hit the market (purely by luck as I was travelling on Business near San Jose). If so please post here (and pictures would be great!). If they are to hit a July launch, test mules should be hitting the road very soon!
Check this out, @GDinATL ... Lots of stuff here already on this thread. Trust @Rick59 will even still let you add your selected date into the hat for the awesome prize!! :D

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Yes but we are still waiting to see one! I am in LA for a few days March 6 so will have my eyes peeled
Today is 2/17 so we still have 6 days to go, @Winemaker01 , before we have both irrevocably lost that shot at the priceless 'a cat and his man' memorabilia... ;)

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Just out as tweeted by Teslarati! Yet... is it really one of the February produced beta cars? Would have preferred it it were a different color to be sure...

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm not seeing any difference between those pictures and the pictures of the previous silver car.

If it is a new mule, then I'm happy that Tesla hasn't changed the outward appearance.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm not seeing any difference between those pictures and the pictures of the previous silver car.

If it is a new mule, then I'm happy that Tesla hasn't changed the outward appearance.
It's not a beta car, still the same silver prototype alpha. No signs of AP2, bumper sensors or a tweaked front end.

When we see beta cars expect them to have the same AP2 cameras, sensors and maybe even a wrapped front end to keep the final design secret until they're damn well ready to let us see it. Also, I expect interiors to be heavily camouflaged and the windows blacked out.

Let's take prototype sightings over here and keep the next reveal thread for that purpose.

https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/official-model-3-beta-watch-thread.2931

Last edited:

samson

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The Ford Focus behind the black car, seems bit larger than the model 3.
I am starting to think the Model 3 is smaller than 3 series, A4 and C Class.
More like Mazda 3, Yaris class.
I hope it is atleast 184 in Length as Motor trend estimated

Daliman

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm not worried about the cabin size at all. A lot of S owners who went on the test rides commented on how spacious the cabin was, especially with the glass roof which I want badly. If you put your cursor on the various outer dimensions of the cabin in the GIF you can see how tiny the differences are. The main place that the Model 3 is much shorter is the front end and to a slightly smaller extent the trunk.

Last edited:

samson

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
hallelujah Model 3 is born.....

Now thats what I am talking about. This just made my weekend

@TrevP ... get after the source of yours he should have more info now as its all unwrapping.

Electrek has just learning the info you posted like couple weeks ago that the ramp up starts with RWD. I still remember I was like YAAH!.

I hope your source's other information is also true. You know what I am talking about.... just think for 2 seconds you will get it.Hehehe

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
hallelujah Model 3 is born.....

Now thats what I am talking about. This just made my weekend

@TrevP ... get after the source of yours he should have more info now as its all unwrapping.

Electrek has just learning the info you posted like couple weeks ago that the ramp up starts with RWD. I still remember I was like YAAH!.

I hope your source's other information is also true. You know what I am talking about.... just think for 2 seconds you will get it.Hehehe
Yeah he was correct on 2 counts so far. The last bit however and I mentioned it before, may not be destined for Model 3. It could be for the next roadster which could be based on the Model 3 (third gen) platform. So we might not get confirmation of that for a few years, by then everyone will have forgotten what I was told :)