Spot the new Model 3 prototype

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That's two Model Ss and an X.
HMMMMM - zoom in on the car on the left..... there is a difference in the separation between the front and back window (missing or having a much narrower pillar)- and also there is not a smaller third window above the rear fender.....like on the S

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
HMMMMM - zoom in on the car on the left..... there is a difference in the separation between the front and back window (missing or having a much narrower pillar)- and also there is not a smaller third window above the rear fender.....like on the S
You're right. However, in all other details it's an S. Botched artwork?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You're right. However, in all other details it's an S. Botched artwork?
Hard to say,....while there are easy similarities there are differences.... yet I haven't seen any articles questioning the New Years rendering.... why put two S's on the card when 2017 is the year of Model 3? ... I want to believe that is the final 3 design they snuck it in realizing most would assume it was an S .......I can't wait to find out!!

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There's just enough glare coming off the B and C pillars that it's hard to distinguish them from the glass. You can only see the edge of the B pillar because of this - that's why it appears to be thinner.

It's definitely not a 3. Headlamps are wrong. Door handles are wrong. And most of all, the front-end is wrong. I'm calling it now - they're not going to change that front end. :cool:

Click for large version of image:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1CppZ7UoAAvlUc.jpg:large

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There's just enough glare coming off the B and C pillars that it's hard to distinguish them from the glass. You can only see the edge of the B pillar because of this - that's why it appears to be thinner.

It's definitely not a 3. Headlamps are wrong. Door handles are wrong. And most of all, the front-end is wrong. I'm calling it now - they're not going to change that front end. :cool:

Click for large version of image:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1CppZ7UoAAvlUc.jpg:large
makes me realize how much I like the Model ☰ front markers/fogs (and headlights). The S's just look chunky in comparison
img_0200-jpg.890

Rick59

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
This reminds me of the old woman who called the police because the man across her bedroom window in the next apartment building was walking around naked in his living room. When the officer said he couldn't see into the living room, she said, "you can if you stand on the dresser." We are sure trying to see Model 3s that aren't there.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
And the wheels are wrong too. I concede. Will be taking delivery of mine regardless of pencils down design......unless I can afford an S by the time of delivery:) thanks all!

TE3LA

Country
Country
Its an S. I think thats just an illusion from the angle / reflection. If you look on the other side you can see the pillar better. Its got the longer S hood, S handles, S headlights, S wheels...

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Two Tonkinese cats. Great companions. Our late Tonk, Teddy, would always climb up and sit on your chest, too. Photo would be an excellent prize, Trev!
Tonks are awesome. Nutmeg is unbelievably sweet and cuddly. He's the most chill cat I've ever had.

ricardocabesa

Country
Country
The first beta cars have possibly been spotted

I had never seen ANY Tesla until 2 weeks ago on my way to visit the showroom. I stopped for lunch and saw my 1st ever and it had these hideous after-market wheels the looked like some '80s 3-piece BBS style concoction. Made it to the showroom and saw a Model S inside and 2 Model Ss and Model X outside. On the way home I saw another Model S. Haven't seen one since. I reserved just a few weeks ago,didn't see the Reveal until the day I ordered and won't cancel unless I'm physically unable to drive. So Q1 2019 is just fine for me. Since I rarely see any,I may make a day of it every 3 months and visit the showroom.
Last Friday,at 65 y.o.,I ordered my 1st personalized plate too. So it will be on my 5 month old ICE car for 2 years. (THE FUTR)

Last edited:

Red Sage

The Cybernetic Samurai
Country
Country
Tonks are awesome. Nutmeg is unbelievably sweet and cuddly. He's the most chill cat I've ever had.
I once went to the home of a Friend of a Friend. Everyone there warned me that the house cat was the meanest they had ever known and was not to be trusted because he would literally attack newcomers on sight. Then they were all dumbfounded when the cat absolutely loved me.

Badback

Valued Community Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I once went to the home of a Friend of a Friend. Everyone there warned me that the house cat was the meanest they had ever known and was not to be trusted because he would literally attack newcomers on sight. Then they were all dumbfounded when the cat absolutely loved me.
That's because you tied a mackerel around your neck.

GDinATL

Country
Country
Has anyone in this club spotted a Model 3 test mule out and about on the road? I spotted a Model X several months before they first hit the market (purely by luck as I was travelling on Business near San Jose). If so please post here (and pictures would be great!). If they are to hit a July launch, test mules should be hitting the road very soon!