Speed dependent volume

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Mosess

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Does anyone know if the Model 3 has speed dependent sound volume already and I just cannot control it?
I feel as if it may be increasing the audio level as i get to higher speeds and ambient/wind noise increases, but I may be wrong.
I did really like that feature on my previous car and found it very useful and wish Tesla would implement this and give me control over how much of an increase/decrease to implement.

Now, I know the argument that since it is such a quiet cabin to begin with that it may nor be necessary but I do think it would be very useful and considering that it would only take a few lines of code added to an update, why not?

Enginerd

Country
Country
I've noticed that the speed dependent volume is trying to balance itself with respect to the ambient noise level. Sometimes it's a little less than I would like, sometimes a little more. In general, it's probably working about right. I'm glad they're at least making a good attempt, even though there isn't anything I can adjust.

Mosess

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I worked as a audio engineer for over 10 years tuning theaters and venues and I cant figure out what kind of processing they're running on it but there is definitely lots of processing happening to the audio and the end result is amazing sound, i just wish it could be be made to go even louder at higher speeds than it is by default.