(Speculation) Tesla Will Announce a Fairly Major Software Release on January 29

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

John

Tech Founder
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I can't remember seeing so many people crowded up on the latest software release on Teslafi.
Almost as if they are getting everybody ready for a single upgrade.
I speculate that on earnings day (January 29) they will announce a fairly major software update.
Maybe feature-complete FSD? o_O

versions-jpg.31904

NOGA$4ME

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That may be, but an alternative explanation is simply that it's been so long since the last major update (not sure if 40.50 should be considered a major release after 40.2 or not) that everyone is simply up to date.

Sure, an update is overdue. Whether it's a major update or not I don't know. I don't see feature complete FSD though. I'm expecting incremental advances there.

wst88

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I agree, it has been very quiet on the update front, I know we are not getting any new platform announcements, but I think we are going to get some updates on the following:
Model Y - Early Launch confirmation.
Model S/X - Updates - Plaid
Software Updates - New UI?
Roadster updates.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was just thinking earlier we almost need a poll and one of those threads. It is way quiet. Something big this way comes!! Or at least we hope.

A note for at @Johnston, I think it is pretty safe to say there isn't a beta release out right now. The beta testers for Tesla are not good at not sharing.

ig0p0g0

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think the lack of updates in January is just a lag effect of coders taking time off during the holidays. I’m sure there’s something coming soon, but I don’t necessarily see it being anything huge.

ltphoto

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm guessing getting ready for first production Model Y shipments is using all of the software QA resources right now. At least I hope that's what's going on. A clean release for the Y would go a long way to quieting down a lot of the potshots at S/W quality from Tesla.

Zak

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
FSD will be rolled out to HW3 - the time frame is Q1-Q2 with a hardcore goal is Q1!!! Some folks think it will be right around Jan 29 Q4 call. Look to my old Smart Summon and acceleration boost Posts for accuracy!

Last edited:

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
While model 3’s are mostly up to date with one software version, that is not at all the case with the model S/X’s. Attaching that latest info from Teslafi. I have been hoping the software engineers are busy on solving the problems that prevent them from moving the S/X crowd forward.