Speaker Icon on Left Side of Screen

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Milo

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
upload_2018-10-11_10-30-56-png.15872

When I tapped it, the speaker got a little x over it, but it didn't seem to change anything. Icon popped up at a stoplight, then went away when I started moving. Looked for it the rest of my drive that night, and saw nothing. Upgraded to 36.2 only two days ago.

quikwit

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It's the chime notification for the park assist. When you get to close to something, the car beeps. You can touch the notification to temporarily mute it (or go to Controls > Safety & Security > Settings > Park Assist Chimes to stop it entirely).

I use this often when I park in my tight garage and the nonstop pinging gets annoying.

ER1C8

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
It's funny, I feel like this question comes up every few weeks. I think it's on the screen so infrequently that no one notices it.

Toadmanor

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What was that I saw?

Today while rolling past a stoplight, I looked at the screen and saw a symbol I have never seen before.

Just under the icon showing when EAP is available, there was a symbol which I will describe as a speaker showing three ")))" lines indicating, to me at least, some level of volume. Simultaneously to this, two motorcycles with loud pipes went by.

It almost made me think that this was an indication of loud exterior noise.

Anybody have any idea regarding this?

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just under the icon showing when EAP is available, there was a symbol which I will describe as a speaker showing three ")))" lines indicating, to me at least, some level of volume. Simultaneously to this, two motorcycles with loud pipes went by.
That icon appears when the car's ultrasonics detect a nearby obstacle, and the car makes a soft beep in response. (The beep may have been muffled by the sound of the motorcycles.) You see it more often when you're pulling into a tight parking space. If you tap that icon, it will temporarily mute the beeping, which is helpful if you find it distracting.

SMITTY

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ive only seen this icon (button) pop up at slow speeds... Up to like 15mph or so. it appears to the left of the speedometer just underneath the Autopilot steering wheel icon...

Am i an idiot? What does this do??? Ive tapped it and it puts an X through the speaker like something is muted but it certainly isn't the stereo as the volume doesn't change...

I didn't see any mention in the Owners Manual.