Space Sacrifices from S?

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Hey guys! Brand new member here. Long time reader. :)

I have a Model S and I LOVE it. It is seriously so great except two things.

1. It BARELY fits in my garage

2. It’s an original 60 and I go skiing a lot and it sure would be nice to have more range.

Seriously considering the model 3 now and I would love to hear from those of you that have made the jump... do you feel like you made some sacrifices going from S to 3? Specifically in regards to space? Feature wise I’m not worried I just don’t want to feel like I will be driving around a civic or something like that. Also does the car look and feel cheaper then the S?

Any input would be so appreciated. Thank you so much! You guys are a great and helpful group of people.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey guys! Brand new member here. Long time reader. :)

I have a Model S and I LOVE it. It is seriously so great except two things.

1. It BARELY fits in my garage

2. It’s an original 60 and I go skiing a lot and it sure would be nice to have more range.

Seriously considering the model 3 now and I would love to hear from those of you that have made the jump... do you feel like you made some sacrifices going from S to 3? Specifically in regards to space? Feature wise I’m not worried I just don’t want to feel like I will be driving around a civic or something like that. Also does the car look and feel cheaper then the S?

Any input would be so appreciated. Thank you so much! You guys are a great and helpful group of people.
I didn’t make the jump from S to 3, but I have decent seat time in the S. My gut feeling is that even though the 3 is smaller, it doesn’t feel small. If that makes sense...

Basically, I feel like they used the space much better in the car.

The trunk holds a lot. The biggest thing I mentioned in another thread is that strollers don’t fit all that well (car is not as wide), but you didn’t mention strollers. There are enough floating around now, I’m sure you can find an opportunity to check one out before making a final decision!

iluvmacs

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The hatchback is the only significant thing I miss from my S. The 3 we have now is better in every other regard. So you basically have to ask yourself if the hatchback (and extra cargo) is the make-it-or-break-it item or not. You will fix the garage issue for sure with a 3. The 3 does not feel even remotely like a Civic or cheap car. Everyone I have had in it so far is thoroughly impressed, and some are surprised to find that it's cheaper than the S I had (since they see immediately see it as a superior design). It's more of a "different" design than a "cheaper" design. It has a completely different personality and feel. So see what speaks to you.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
The hatchback is the only significant thing I miss from my S. (...)It has a completely different personality and feel. So see what speaks to you.
And, unfortunately, what your wallet language is... ;)

I’d love an S. Yet I’ll be truly happy with the 3... unless a miracle happens... ;)

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Very little sacrifice in space except in the trunk and frunk - plenty in the 3, the S is just massive. More importantly, interior space seems nearly the same from a functional perspective

eye.surgeon

Country
Country
I have an S and extensively compared the two sitting side by side. The rear seat of the 3 is noticeably narrower and lower to the floor and the trunk and frunk are noticably smaller. My daughter has a previous gen honda civic, and the size overall felt very much like that. The goal of the model 3 is to be cheaper and smaller and they achieved that goal. If that's what you're looking for you'll love it. If you want what you have with more range, that's available too.

Last edited: