Southern California VIN/Delivery after 6/27 Configurations

Stewie Lie

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
There's a similar post on Tesla Motors Club; thought it'd be interesting to post here as well!

Anybody receives VIN/Delivery after your 6/27 configuration?

I've started seeing 6/28-6/29 configuration last week being assigned a VIN or delivered. And started seeing 6/29-6/30 late last week to this week.

Derik

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looks like there will be a few more model 3 deliveries coming up in San Diego. (15S 7/19 AM around 6:30 AM)
img_1987-jpg.11753

As well as a single model S
img_1990-jpg.11754

Attachments

njkode

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This is promising, I configured 7/10/18, two weeks after you. So hopefully I’ll get a VIN assigned soon.

Config: RWD, EAP, AERO, BLACK.

Stewie Lie

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Did anyone check their Tesla account online? Mine changed and asked to confirm all info. Delivery window is still the same though.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Been lurking for a few weeks now...time for my first post!

Only change I've seen on my account is under Payment Method where it now lists the detailed pricing of the vehicle. Estimated delivery is unchanged.

Test drove a black RWD/EAP/Aero on Thursday at Westfield UTC...making the wait even harder!

Stewie Lie

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Been lurking for a few weeks now...time for my first post!

Only change I've seen on my account is under Payment Method where it now lists the detailed pricing of the vehicle. Estimated delivery is unchanged.

Test drove a black RWD/EAP/Aero on Thursday at Westfield UTC...making the wait even harder!
I can totally relate. I wasn’t planning to buy a model 3 at all actually. My friend rented one on Turo and I test drove it. Fell in love with the car instantly! Can imagine Tesla getting a lot more orders now that they are offering test drives.

Thankfully, my uncle didn’t want his reservation anymore, so I took it from him and order it through his. Works out!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I finally got my VIN! Deliv3ry is scheduled on 7/29. My VIN is in the 49xxx range! Not sure what that means but I am excited!!

ISA keep saying that the contracts team are behind.

Any tips for my delivery?
Congrats! I bet it's gonna be a looooong 5 days coming up! I've read lots of posts stating how slammed the Tesla Contracts team is, but not sure how that might affect your delivery.

My tip for delivery day is to inspect your car really closely inside and out and mention anything that doesn't seem right. Let us know how it goes!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Since I took that test drive last week, I've gotten 3 phone calls from Tesla...and none of them involved my order. Two were for Solar referrals and one was a follow-up call for the test drive itself.

Very exciting to see Tesla pop up on my caller ID, only to be abruptly disappointed...haha. Is it September yet?

ChrisHa

Country
Country
Yes. Ordered 6/27. VIN assigned today with delivery scheduled for this coming Tuesday!

Config: RWD, MSM, EAP, Aero
Nice. My exact choices too. Has anyone seen a thread for deliveries outside of CA? Say Seattle area? Looks like about a one month wait for you. I wonder how much longer it is for those of us further from the factory.

Stewie Lie

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Since I took that test drive last week, I've gotten 3 phone calls from Tesla...and none of them involved my order. Two were for Solar referrals and one was a follow-up call for the test drive itself.

Very exciting to see Tesla pop up on my caller ID, only to be abruptly disappointed...haha. Is it September yet?
Mine was from last Vegas. I almost didn't pick up since I get so many unknown calls. Thank goodness I did!