Sound System search broken

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

RocketRay

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This has been going on for awhile, likely when Spotify got included. When I search for an artist or a song, it finds everything but what I'm searching for. If I look for "The Who" (see pic), I get podcasts, caraoke, but not the artist or any songs by them. If I search for a song, say "Eminence Front", nothing appears relevant to it.

I saw somewhere that supposedly logging out and in to Spotify fixes it, but no luck for me.

Please help!

Attachments

jmaddr

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had the same. Mine fixes by simply selecting Spotify and choosing one of the icons like Songs or Albums, no need to log out/in. Then I go right back to search and it finds everything.

RocketRay

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
When I select "Songs" or "Artists" in Spotify most of the time it just sits there with the search wheel spinning. I'll switch back to Streaming, then Spotify->Songs and after a few tries it will finally populate immediately. Then usually the Artists will show up.

I'll give this a shot on my way home, see if the search works after the Songs or Artists work.

ig0p0g0

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@jmaddr do you have a Spotify account? Your trick works for me also, but my son is logged in with his paid account, and I’m wondering if it works for non subscribers. Seems like I’m never listening via slacker anymore.

If I don’t go to Spotify first, I only get search results for caraoke songs. I will admit to being a karaoke fan, but that’s generally not what I’m looking for while driving...big understatement.