Sorta New? From Brantford, ON

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi Everyone,

Took delivery of my Model 3 SR+ back in September of 2019. Bought it for the sole purpose of commuting. Moved out to Brantford, Ontario from Milton. Work in Mississauga so it just made sense. The amount of money saved from not having to pay for gas, oil changes, etc. is amazing.

I absolutely love the Model 3. Funny cause when I was first thinking about EVs, I was set on a used Model S as I thought the Model 3 was just too small. Only regret with the Model 3, is not going for the LR version. I got the SR+ after the Tesla Advisor assured me the range would be more then sufficient for my commuting purposes even with Winter Battery Drain. I'm finding that to be completely false and finding myself having to supercharge quickly on my way home just to make it home in cold weather.

Next EV purchase will definitely be a LR version.

Not sure if there are any other Tesla owners from Brantford here on these forums but it would be nice to meet some locals since I'm new to Brantford and new to EVs.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In the early days(2017), a common mantra was spend on the battery first. Still holds water today I suppose.

Welcome to the family!

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi Everyone,

Took delivery of my Model 3 SR+ back in September of 2019. Bought it for the sole purpose of commuting. Moved out to Brantford, Ontario from Milton. Work in Mississauga so it just made sense. The amount of money saved from not having to pay for gas, oil changes, etc. is amazing.

I absolutely love the Model 3. Funny cause when I was first thinking about EVs, I was set on a used Model S as I thought the Model 3 was just too small. Only regret with the Model 3, is not going for the LR version. I got the SR+ after the Tesla Advisor assured me the range would be more then sufficient for my commuting purposes even with Winter Battery Drain. I'm finding that to be completely false and finding myself having to supercharge quickly on my way home just to make it home in cold weather.

Next EV purchase will definitely be a LR version.

Not sure if there are any other Tesla owners from Brantford here on these forums but it would be nice to meet some locals since I'm new to Brantford and new to EVs.
Welcome! Not from your area but I can understand range frustration (just not anxiety).
How long is your commute? Was it the move to Branford creating the missisauga too-long-a-leg?