Soon to be used Model S owner

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

EVmatch: the Airbnb of EV charging.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Welcome! :)

I've got a 2018 Volt. Fine little car. It does feel a little unwanted at times though.

MnLakeBum

Green Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
I love my 2015 Model S but it first started to show signs of a HV battery issue last May when the full charge went from about 230 miles(268 when new) to about 210 miles in a period of a month at about 103K miles. I got stranded on the highway twice with about 30 miles left on the battery meter. I a few other close calls where I limped home with 30-45 miles left on the battery and it went into the Tesla service center 4 times but they indicated nothing was wrong. Weary of arguing with them, I drove it over the winter and never let the charge get below 60 miles until a month ago when I was returning from a 85 mile trip and the car suddenly lost any ability to accelerate or maintain speed over 53 mph. I was able to make it the few mile home and this time when I scheduled service they immediately ordered a new HV battery and it was replaced 10 days ago. The battery now charges and performs like a champ. I've only brought it up to a full charge once so far which was 243 miles(my old battery was maxing out at 192 miles) which is where it was when I had 20k on it when it was 9 months old. I was told by the service center manager that they have much more leeway in replacing HV batteries than they did a year ago. Obviously a bit frustrating that they didn't replace mine last summer but all it right now and I'm still loving the car and it drives like new with 113k. I have new wheels and a carbon trunk spoiler coming next week.

I would rather have a used Model S than a new Model 3 or Model Y as I like the extra cargo room(I haul two or three golf bags and golfers often with pull carts and in the winter 3-4 skiers and equipment) and much prefer the body style of the S over any other Tesla even if it is 9 years old. Last summer I had a buddy pick up a 2015 P85D with 38,000 miles on it for $36k from a private party. Evidently the Mercedes dealer only offered him $33k on trade so he sold it himself.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Bigriver

About us

• Tesla Owners Online © 2015-2021. All rights reserved.
    Tesla Owners Online (TOO) is an enthusiast forum and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or Official Tesla Owners Clubs.
    All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.