Sony Concept EV

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

What is your first impression of the Sony Vision-S?

• Total voters

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It's ok. Fairly conservative styling.

It sounds like Sony doesn't plan to become an auto manufacturer. They just built this prototype to be able to show off their Vision-S connected-car system. So they're probably looking to compete more with Google Auto and Apple CarPlay. We'll see if any auto manufacturers decide to license this system.

Last edited:

JasonF

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm curious who built it for them, it looks like it has a lot of Toyota DNA.

SMITTY

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Pretty good looking car honestly... Although funky proportions. Looks good from from front and rear angles...

Mash-up between a Taycan (front), Camry (mid), Jag (rear)

$ Trillion Musk

Buy $XRP. Hodl it for life.
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
For the most part, I've admired Sony design and user friendliness since the 80's. I'm excited to see what else they come up with.

Would they be able to compete with Tesla tech? I highly doubt it.

JWardell

TOO Master Member
TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I really don't understand what Sony is thinking anymore. They used to be the best household electronics brand, and all their stuff was great when I was a kid. They seemed to let apple and others take it away and haven't bothered to really try. They have a perfect opportunity to get into the EV market. I bet Sony would do a much better job than all the traditional car companies. But they just made it to show off their tech.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I really don't understand what Sony is thinking anymore.
They've been too busy making sure that their customers are locked into their ecosystem via proprietary interfaces (Sony Memory Stick, anyone?) and DRM (remember the rootkit scandal?).

The last Sony product I bought was in 2006. I'll never buy another Sony product again.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
They've been too busy making sure that their customers are locked into their ecosystem via proprietary interfaces (Sony Memory Stick, anyone?) and DRM (remember the rootkit scandal?).

The last Sony product I bought was in 2006. I'll never buy another Sony product again.
Generally, I advise, "Never say never". But, in this case I wholeheartedly agree with you @garsh and you can add VW to my list.