Someone scraped my bumper

Gavyne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was a sad panda when I got out of the grocery store today to find my bumper scraped.

hurt-8-28-2018-jpg.13810

I died a lil on the inside. Went home and used warm water to see if it would wash off, maybe the PPF would self heal? But nothing came off. Drove to my detailer's shop (Doctor Detail in Costa Mesa) to have him take a look at it. He used a solvent and wiped it off clean, like nothing had happened.

ppf-ftw-jpg.13811

Can't tell you how happy I was. Moral of the story, if you are on the fence about wrapping your car, at the very least do the bumper. Of all the spots on my car the bumper is taking the most bugs, rock chips, and as you see here, a scrape.

I've had the PPF applied a month and half ago, so far it has held up well. Suntek Ultra on the bumper, headlights, and mirrors. Then full ceramic coating (Modesta) on the car. The car has been very easy to keep clean, I do a full waterless wipe down once a week. Couldn't have been happier with how things have turned out so far.

Perscitus

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Glad it was a relatively simple fix! The wrap will hold up ok for a few years, max 5-8 if you drive mostly ok weekends or keep the M3 in a garage when parked, as little prolonged direct sun, UVA/B exposure as possible.

It will still yellow and collect a lot of debris but that wont be very visible on a blue car and so long as the wrap stays in place. When replacing it will be easy to tell the difference between it and a new sheet.

What the detailer did is basically dissolve some of the wrap to visually repair the damaged layers. Certainly better than dealing with paint scaped to plastic or plastic primer.