Solar installers in Los Angeles or Southern California

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

sib

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hi -

We are a two-Model 3 family and are currently buying a house in LA. We would like to install a solar system.

Does anyone have recommendations on companies / installers who you thought were great? Or on ones that we should avoid?

Thanks!

Scott

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I went with Solar Optimum and would highly recommend them. They're based out of the LA area. I got quotes from several companies including Sunrun (Costco) and Vivint. A good place to start is energysage.com. You can get multiple quotes there and they won't bother you with spam. If you end up going with Solar Optimum PM me and I'll give you my referral info. Good luck.

Spiffywerks

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I just ordered from solar optimum. Was about $2.80/kW before ITC with Panasonic panels, enphase micro inverters. Same price as Tesla and Solarmax. Solar Opitmum offers 25yr warranty on everything, including roof penetration. Tesla is 10 yr, Solar Max is 25 parts, 25 labor, 10 roof.

VBruce

TOO Supporting Member
Red Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I just ordered from Solar Optimum too. They sent a guy out to take photos for the design stage twice. Then got a call from the system designer questioning the electrical load. Early last year I had a new heating/AC install with a complete electrical inspection before it could be turned on. System passed inspection then. I have a main 125 Amp system panel, a house sub panel and a charging sub panel for the TM3. Solar Optimum wants an email from me saying I won’t charge charge the TM3 because doing so may overload the electrical system. This seems like a strange request since I’ve been charging the TM3 for 22months now with no problems whatsoever. Am I missing something? Any idea why such a request would be made? BTW the solar system is 10KW with micro-inverters and 2 Powerwalls.