Software build v9.0 2019.32 9d0d19a (8/27/2019)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

have you installed it?

• Yes

Votes: 210 77.5%
  • No

Votes: 61 22.5%

• Total voters

M3OC Rules

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi Guys, I am new here, and I just got Model 3 AWD long-range last Sunday with full self-driving.

Is this normal behavior for autopilot version 2019.32 with FSD? I have been driving on a two-lane highway, and when we (me and my car Tessie) approach an onramp with cars on the onramp my car in AP will significantly slow down as if it is trying to match the speed of the vehicles on the onramp. It feels dangerous as I am concerned that I will get rear ended. Has anyone else noticed that? Should I submit a bug report in my car the next time it happens?

In regards to lain changing settings, I have mine set to Mad Max, and when it goes to switch lanes, my blinker will blink about 5 or 6 times before it starts to change lain. I don't think that feels very Mad Maxie.

Thank you for your feedback.
I agree with @FRC . One thing I'll add is you can tell if it's letting a car in because it will show up as darker on the screen. That should give you some insight as to whether its that or something else. I'll also add that this is still a driving assist. Your concern is for good reason. Be prepared to accelerate quickly if the car starts braking and there is someone following at an unsafe distance. You may need to brake as well. Here is a thread of someone that rear-ended someone while on autopilot.

barjohn

Country
Country
I am on a cross country drive with this version and it is much worse than the prior version. Just passed a big semi and I signal to move into his lane after being well past him and the car brakes instead of accelerating. Lane changing was very good on the prior release but on 32 it is back to being unpredictable and not so good. NoAP, is horrible on exiting. It drops your speed from 70 to around 30 while still not to the exit. It used to exit too fast and now it exits too slow. One other issue is taking control of the steering while on NoAP. It can be a hard fight. For example you see an object in the roadway you are about to hit. You try to steer around it but it won't let you. I found the best way to get control back is to hit the brakes and then you can easily avoid the object.

This will be my 3rd cross country drive this summer and the software two versions back was better. The software one back was the best.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It can be a hard fight. For example you see an object in the roadway you are about to hit. You try to steer around it but it won't let you.
I have a pothole I've been steering around for at least 6 months now, and would say the torque needed on this version is no different than the last few releases. maybe speed or other things impact the torque needed, but for my drives on this version, it has been no different.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Just back from a 450 km trip. No phantom breaks, smooth lane change, more human like driving. For me, this is better than the previous version.
My usual 257 km trip from home to the inlaws in Orleans (yesterday) saw two phantom braking sessions on the two lane Hwy 7 and then, once on the 417, the car dramtically slowing down as it locked onto the speed of a merging vehicle that was at my rear (!) right position.

Still not ready for prime time IMO.

barjohn

Country
Country
I was on I10 in west Texas where the speed limit is 80 and I was doing 85mph. Try it there a few times and see what I mean. Not every time but it only takes once.

rrollens

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Currently have software 28.3.1. Got notice on phone last night that software update was available. Went to car to see if that was the case on the screen, it was not. Went to Tesla app, link was not there either. Went back to phone to see if notice was still there, it was not. Very strange. Any idea why this happened?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Currently have software 28.3.1. Got notice on phone last night that software update was available. Went to car to see if that was the case on the screen, it was not. Went to Tesla app, link was not there either. Went back to phone to see if notice was still there, it was not. Very strange. Any idea why this happened?
it failed to finish downloading during the process. Mine has done this a couple times (since we could see when a new release was being downloaded), including last night for this one. I contacted my local mobile service coordinator and he was able to see mine failed last night and re-push it to the car. It downloaded and installed fine after that.

rrollens

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
it failed to finish downloading during the process. Mine has done this a couple times (since we could see when a new release was being downloaded), including last night for this one. I contacted my local mobile service coordinator and he was able to see mine failed last night and re-push it to the car. It downloaded and installed fine after that.
Thank you. You are correct! This afternoon another notice, then success!

Ksb466

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am on a cross country drive with this version and it is much worse than the prior version. Just passed a big semi and I signal to move into his lane after being well past him and the car brakes instead of accelerating. Lane changing was very good on the prior release but on 32 it is back to being unpredictable and not so good. NoAP, is horrible on exiting. It drops your speed from 70 to around 30 while still not to the exit. It used to exit too fast and now it exits too slow. One other issue is taking control of the steering while on NoAP. It can be a hard fight. For example you see an object in the roadway you are about to hit. You try to steer around it but it won't let you. I found the best way to get control back is to hit the brakes and then you can easily avoid the object.

This will be my 3rd cross country drive this summer and the software two versions back was better. The software one back was the best.
I prefer lifting right stalk to disengage, being smoother than hitting break.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I lost 8 mi of range with this update anyone else experienced that? So in a little less than a year and 23,000 miles I'm down to 288 miles full charge which I don't do often so 260 miles at 90%. It never charged over 307 miles when I did charge it to 100%. Tesla ranger told me yesterday I am 3% down from fleet averages
15682392382943211880384626428402-jpg.29039

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I lost 8 mi of range with this update anyone else experienced that? So in a little less than a year and 23,000 miles I'm down to 288 miles full charge which I don't do often so 260 miles at 90%. It never charged over 307 miles when I did charge it to 100%. Tesla ranger told me yesterday I am 3% down from fleet averages View attachment 29039
Yes I saw that also on mine since the last update. LR RWD

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
What is weird is, I had a think this as a download pending but never accepted the download and install. I kept waiting for something new and indeed got new updates - which I think meant it was a new update. But, still I never did the update. Then today, the software update YELLOW button is gone, so I figured - I’ve seen this before and they either pulled it or I’m waiting for the next one. But now today, I check and it HAS installed the .32 realese. HAs anyone had an install go without ACCEPTING?

magglass1

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What is weird is, I had a think this as a download pending but never accepted the download and install. I kept waiting for something new and indeed got new updates - which I think meant it was a new update. But, still I never did the update. Then today, the software update YELLOW button is gone, so I figured - I’ve seen this before and they either pulled it or I’m waiting for the next one. But now today, I check and it HAS installed the .32 realese. HAs anyone had an install go without ACCEPTING?
Maybe you accidentally scheduled it to install over night instead of dismissing the window at some point?

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Since I downloaded this version about 10 (?) days ago, I have been experiencing issues with my "Walk Away Lock" seemingly turning itself off and my seat back not moving into its correct (in memory) position for driving.

My e-mail I just sent to Tesla:

Today, an intermittent issue that showed up with the latest software version has manifested itself three (3) times between 1130 EDT (1530 GMT) and 1230 EDT (1630 GMT) today, Monday 16 Sep 2019.

The third event took place after a full power off and 90 second wait......

The issue is "Walk Away Lock" is turning itself off after a drive cycle.

This was an intermittent problem since the latest software update but with it happening three (3) times today, the "Walk Away Lock" is no longer reliable.

Also, since the latest software update, the power seat back will not assume its correct (memory) position for a drive.

I must select another (named) memory setting and then re-select my name for the seat back to correctly move into driving position.

This issue is intermittent.

-------------------------------------------------------

Anyone else with this "Walk Away Lock" bug of turning itself off?

Thanks. Cheers.

slasher016

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Since I downloaded this version about 10 (?) days ago, I have been experiencing issues with my "Walk Away Lock" seemingly turning itself off and my seat back not moving into its correct (in memory) position for driving.

Today, an intermittent issue that showed up with the latest software version has manifested itself three (3) times between 1130 EDT (1530 GMT) and 1230 EDT (1630 GMT) today, Monday 16 Sep 2019.

This was an intermittent problem since the latest software update but with it happening three (3) times today, the "Walk Away Lock" is no longer reliable.

Also, since the latest software update, the power seat back will not assume its correct (memory) position for a drive.

I must select another (named) memory setting and then re-select my name for the seat back to correctly move into driving position.

Thanks. Cheers.
I just did this weekend for the first time. I've been on this version for a little while and have been in and out of it at least a lot, but yesterday, it did not lock even though I got at least 30-40 yards away from the car.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
I just did this weekend for the first time. I've been on this version for a little while and have been in and out of it at least a lot, but yesterday, it did not lock even though I got at least 30-40 yards away from the car.
As the day goes on, the system has now devolved to always turning Walk Away Lock off as soon as any activity is done, so I always must go to the lock menu and reset it to on just prior to leaving the car.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country

Thanks. Cheers.
From Reddit:

I was asked if all profiles were doing this, or just mine.

I randomly chose another profile and it worked in accordance with manufacturer specifications.

I was told sometimes these driver profiles get corrupted and require a delete and re-creation.

I just did that and the walk away lock just worked in accordance with manufacturer specifications.

I'll update tomorrow if it is still solved.