Software build v9.0 2019.32 9d0d19a (8/27/2019)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

have you installed it?

• Yes

Votes: 210 77.5%
  • No

Votes: 61 22.5%

• Total voters

Dave EV

Country
Country
I drive a 70 mile round trip to and from work on autopilot and can pretty much expect what the car is going to do but after installing this update it drove perfectly today. The car was perfectly centered in the lane and took all freeway interchanges perfectly, especially a sweeping right turn at highway speeds. Anyone else notice a difference?
Yeah, Autosteer is definitely different with this version compared to last. In some tricky cases it's better, in other tricky cases it's worse, so on the whole, no major change. I still think that the biggest improvements will have to do with the path planner and the path planner planning farther out and allowing the car to drift more in the lane to reduce and smooth out steering adjustments.

Based on Teslafi.com, did Tesla slow it down rolling out?
My guess is that people who have Advanced turned on have mostly gotten the update - Tesla will wait a day or two, then push it out to everyone if no major issues are found.

GRiMm-V-

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Some regression in autopilot. My regular exit is an exit only Lane and the car seamlessly used to change to it as soon as the lane appeared. Today it did a couple of phantom brakes and twitches deciding which lane to take. It made the right decision in the end but haven't seen this type of behavior in a long while
As a followup, today's commute was much better at the same exit. Car performed as expected without the hesitation it demonstrated yesterday. My drive home yesterday was also uneventful, so I'm gonna chalk up yesterday morning's glitching to some re-calibrating with the new SW

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yeah, Autosteer is definitely different with this version compared to last.
I'm surprised that so many people see large changes in behavior.

I haven't noticed any real differences. For me, it still screws up in the same places and in the same ways as it has for the last couple of months.

FF35

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just back from a 450 km trip. No phantom breaks, smooth lane change, more human like driving. For me, this is better than the previous version.
Agreed. While I’ve only driven 200 miles on this version, there’s been zero phantom braking. Normally I’d see at least a few.

Hopefully this trend continues.

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
over the last few updates, when people have sat in the car during the update, it has shown this. probably best to run the update and let it sit to avoid any temptation to poke it and potentially cause the update to stall out or otherwise not behave correctly.
From personal experience, just wait until the app says "software update complete".

As many veteran forum members know, I bricked Middie the first day of ownership.

slotti

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
For the last 18 months (yes, early adaptor here) I never had an issue with my phone acting as a key. This is through different phones, Samsung S8, S10, and iPhone (multiple versions), despite all the reports out there of people having issues.
Now, since this last update, my phone is only working 1 out of 3 times!
NOA has been worse for me as well. No phantom breaking here, but worse......no breaking at all, or not hard enough. Juts yesterday I had to hit the breaks hard to even skid a but because EAP would not break hard enough to not hit the guy in front of me (all on Highway).

evannole

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Following up on my failed installation of this version: when I woke up the next morning, the car was completely dead. Couldn't even open the doors. The Tesla service center in Marietta, just a mile away from my home, had it towed over there and had it fixed within 24 hours, giving me an S P85 loaner in the meantime. Apparently something about the failed update also resulted in significant drain of the 12V battery, enough so that it ran all the way down and had to be replaced, which it was, under warranty, of course.

Another very positive experience with Tesla service, and the Marietta service center, in particular!

Rick Steinwand

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Following up on my failed installation of this version: when I woke up the next morning, the car was completely dead. Couldn't even open the doors. The Tesla service center in Marietta, just a mile away from my home, had it towed over there and had it fixed within 24 hours, giving me an S P85 loaner in the meantime. Apparently something about the failed update also resulted in significant drain of the 12V battery, enough so that it ran all the way down and had to be replaced, which it was, under warranty, of course.

Another very positive experience with Tesla service, and the Marietta service center, in particular!
Good for you! My service center is 240 miles away, but we do have a ranger locally.

DocScott

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
For the last 18 months (yes, early adaptor here) I never had an issue with my phone acting as a key. This is through different phones, Samsung S8, S10, and iPhone (multiple versions), despite all the reports out there of people having issues.
Now, since this last update, my phone is only working 1 out of 3 times!
NOA has been worse for me as well. No phantom breaking here, but worse......no breaking at all, or not hard enough. Juts yesterday I had to hit the breaks hard to even skid a but because EAP would not break hard enough to not hit the guy in front of me (all on Highway).
That second part doesn't sound like a firmware problem to me. It sounds like a sensor problem, although the timing suggests it might have been caused by something that happened during the firmware update. I suggest contacting service immediately and not using AP until the problem is diagnosed and fixed.

slasher016

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Did my first long drive under this version and autopilot/NOA was a mess. It was all over the place, phantom braking 2x as much as normal, bobbing between lanes. Haven't seen behavior this bad in a long time. Not sure what the deal was... doing another long drive in a few hours, we'll see if this one is any better.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just back from a 450 km trip. No phantom breaks, smooth lane change, more human like driving. For me, this is better than the previous version.
Did another 420 km today. Not a success. Phantom breaks, change lane cancellations, bad off ramp direct on the wall. Had to manually breaks

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I received or found message for updating in both Tesla mobile app and Alarm Icon on touch screen of the M3 on 27th.
But, it disappeared and could not be found anywhere in mobile app and touchscreen when tried to install or update the software on 30th.
Any idea about the reason for revoking SW by Tesla or something wrong in SW updating which support service is required??

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I received or found message for updating in both Tesla mobile app and Alarm Icon on touch screen of the M3 on 27th.
But, it disappeared and could not be found anywhere in mobile app and touchscreen when tried to install or update the software on 30th.
Any idea about the reason for revoking SW by Tesla or something wrong in SW updating which support service is required??
They possibly pulled the version so it is no longer available to install.

Jayhof

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Hi Guys, I am new here, and I just got Model 3 AWD long-range last Sunday with full self-driving.

Is this normal behavior for autopilot version 2019.32 with FSD? I have been driving on a two-lane highway, and when we (me and my car Tessie) approach an onramp with cars on the onramp my car in AP will significantly slow down as if it is trying to match the speed of the vehicles on the onramp. It feels dangerous as I am concerned that I will get rear ended. Has anyone else noticed that? Should I submit a bug report in my car the next time it happens?

In regards to lain changing settings, I have mine set to Mad Max, and when it goes to switch lanes, my blinker will blink about 5 or 6 times before it starts to change lain. I don't think that feels very Mad Maxie.

Thank you for your feedback.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Both of the situations you detail seem "normal" to me. But normal is an ever-changing target for our cars. With the on-ramp slow-down issue, I think what you're seeing is the car being "courteous" and allowing the merging car to enter first. Most of us would accelerate to allow the merger to come in behind. As to the blinker and lane change, it seems to me that sometimes the car blinks too many times, sometimes too few. I'm sure that the goal is to make the car mimic normal safe driving behavior, but at present improvements and tweaks are certainly required. Many dramatic improvements have been made via software updates in the year that I've owned my car, and these improvements continue. FSD is a beta function at present(and I expect it will be for years to come). Use it with the knowledge that it is an imperfect system that will improve. Over time you'll learn to anticipate those areas of weakness, and should be prepared to assist the car at those times.

Welcome to the family!

DennisP

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
While on autopilot yesterday I had an issue passing semi's. Two times I was halfway past the big rig(s) and the car braked a bit, like it was responding to the truck swaying in his lane and was unsure whether to keep going, speed up or brake to avoid a collision, though no alarm sounded. It's a little disconcerting for sure and a reminder you keep focused on driving to be ready to respond to any "quirks".