Software build v9.0 2019.32 9d0d19a (8/27/2019)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

have you installed it?

• Yes

Votes: 210 77.5%
  • No

Votes: 61 22.5%

• Total voters

evannole

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just your HV contactors opening.
Yes, I suspected that as well, but the fact that the air conditioner stopped simultaneously concerns me a bit. I was not able to restart it via the screen, either. Maybe a virtual fuse or circuit breaker tripped and the AC will come back shortly. I am back upstairs now, still waiting on Vehicle Support to answer.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yes, I suspected that as well, but the fact that the air conditioner stopped simultaneously concerns me a bit. I was not able to restart it via the screen, either. Maybe a virtual fuse or circuit breaker tripped and the AC will come back shortly. I am back upstairs now, still waiting on Vehicle Support to answer.
The AC compressor runs off the HV so if those opened, then it may shut down.

Country
Country
Mine update fine. But at the end it said to call Tesla while still saying updating...I waited and it all rebooted fine. It just took time. Haven't tested anything yet.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Mine update fine. But at the end it said to call Tesla while still saying updating...I waited and it all rebooted fine. It just took time. Haven't tested anything yet.
over the last few updates, when people have sat in the car during the update, it has shown this. probably best to run the update and let it sit to avoid any temptation to poke it and potentially cause the update to stall out or otherwise not behave correctly.

SkipperOFMO

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I drive a 70 mile round trip to and from work on autopilot and can pretty much expect what the car is going to do but after installing this update it drove perfectly today. The car was perfectly centered in the lane and took all freeway interchanges perfectly, especially a sweeping right turn at highway speeds. Anyone else notice a difference?

sduck

Country
Country
Resumption of USB audio over power cycles is still broken. While it usually remembers where you are, about one in five times you get in the car it's forgotten where you are, which can be really annoying.

GRiMm-V-

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Some regression in autopilot. My regular exit is an exit only Lane and the car seamlessly used to change to it as soon as the lane appeared. Today it did a couple of phantom brakes and twitches deciding which lane to take. It made the right decision in the end but haven't seen this type of behavior in a long while

Klaus-rf

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Installed this version a couple days ago.

Using AP the 90% failed left lane changes are back (was working in the previous flavor and broken in the previous -1). Now it starts to move to the left and then just gives up and cancels AP while keeping TACC engaged. Two versions back it would cancel the lane change and stay in AP. Now it cancels AP and leaves the signal on.

PaulT

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
This version seems like a step or two back. When AP switching lane, it got almost all the way over into empty lane to my right, then the car swerved all the way back to original lane. It also swerved abruptly in the lane on AP once for no reason, guessing it thought there was an obstacle on my left. Several false braking events occurred. Another time it swerved drastically to a turn lane on my left where AP has always tracked correctly straight/slightly right.

Deadbattery

Country
Country
Drive on country roads this morning first day with the update and it seems twichy. maybe because It was midday bright sun loads of shadows but tons of uneasy breaking/resumption, just seemed confused.

Zimmra

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I updated to this version yesterday and had an extremely strange issue.
I was reversing out of my driveway, put the car into drive, everything seemed normal as the rearview camera dismissed itself, but upon accelerating the car was still in reverse! The gear readout still read reverse (R) as well.

I thought perhaps when reaching the stalk to put it in drive I did a combination of slightly depressing the stock enough for it to have some throw to it but not enough to engage drive while simulteanously touching the screen, slightly swiping down to dismiss the camera view. BUT, upon trying to physically recreate this, I cannot naturally touch the screen and the stalk at the same time, at least not in my seats normal memory position.

I hope I somehow managed to do this myself and not the car messing up, but I cannot imagine how I could have.

Long Ranger

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I updated to this version yesterday and had an extremely strange issue.
I was reversing out of my driveway, put the car into drive, everything seemed normal as the rearview camera dismissed itself, but upon accelerating the car was still in reverse! The gear readout still read reverse (R) as well.

I thought perhaps when reaching the stalk to put it in drive I did a combination of slightly depressing the stock enough for it to have some throw to it but not enough to engage drive while simulteanously touching the screen, slightly swiping down to dismiss the camera view. BUT, upon trying to physically recreate this, I cannot naturally touch the screen and the stalk at the same time, at least not in my seats normal memory position.

I hope I somehow managed to do this myself and not the car messing up, but I cannot imagine how I could have.
Any chance that you did something like entering or speaking a NAV destination while in reverse? That will dismiss the rear camera view.