Software build v9.0 2019.32.1 53f03e4 (09/01/2019)

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Have you installed software 2019. 32.1?

• Total voters

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I saw that this allows you to select between 18, 19, and 20” wheels for the car display. On the 18” wheels, it doesn’t let you pick aero cover off yet though.

This isn’t completely new. When the car senses new TPMS it ask for wheel size. Not sure if it changed the display then.

airj1012

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

M3OC Rules

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Those features seemed to tie in with these new patents that are aimed at improving navigation accuracy. Such as the speed your driving and if your AC is on.

https://cleantechnica.com/2019/08/2...s-with-new-navigation-features-patents-filed/

I'm a bit confused by the screens in those post though. They show a battery swap. That idea was killed years ago.
Just because you patent something doesn't mean you're going to implement it. Also, it takes a long time to get through the process. The process for this patent started in 2014 so it's probably not the best indicator of what's to come. New patent = 5-year-old ideas. https://patents.google.com/patent/US20170030728?oq=TRIP+PLANNING+WITH+ENERGY+CONSTRAINT

airj1012

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just because you patent something doesn't mean you're going to implement it. Also, it takes a long time to get through the process. The process for this patent started in 2014 so it's probably not the best indicator of what's to come. New patent = 5-year-old ideas. https://patents.google.com/patent/US20170030728?oq=TRIP+PLANNING+WITH+ENERGY+CONSTRAINT
Interesting. I tried to go down the rabbit hole to find out when it was filed, but this site said 2019. Being an older patent explains it. I also don't care for some of the options in the patent. But hopefully some of them happen, like waypoints!

Rick Steinwand

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So what are the implications of choosing a different size wheel? Speed off by 2%? I'd rather see a non-aero cover on my screen.

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Just got 9.32.1 on my X, and in addition to the release notes pictured above for the 3, it has ones on Lane Departure Avoidance. I know this came to the 3 quite awhile ago. Not sure if it is new to the X, they made some more updates, or one of those times that they repeat release notes. I did check the autopilot menu and it looks the same on 9.32 in the 3 and 9.32.1 in the X.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just got 9.32.1 on my X, and in addition to the release notes pictured above for the 3, it has ones on Lane Departure Avoidance. I know this came to the 3 quite awhile ago. Not sure if it is new to the X, they made some more updates, or one of those times that they repeat release notes. I did check the autopilot menu and it looks the same on 9.32 in the 3 and 9.32.1 in the X.
View attachment 28899
Good find.

msjulie

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you get offended by your car being depicted with aero wheel covers then you really need to examine why you are offended by that. Some people are never happy...

Well.. my car came with 18" aero rims but I swapped them out for OEM 19 (before this new software bit) - I had the service folks change the car's display and record since if I ever have to (again) call roadside for a new tire, they will bring the right size. Plus I prefer the look on the screen, shallow as that may seem! :)

MMMGP

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I installed 20” aftermarket wheels as a replacement for the 18” Aeros. My 90% range showed up as 266 vs 279 as with the 18s, happy for this update and correction.

When I swapped to 20s back in February, the TPMS detected the change in rotation and a selection window popped up on the OS and allowed me to change the wheel size to 20”. The TPMS worked as designed but the range was always off by 13 miles or so.

chaunceyg1

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I downloaded the update after I got the email last night. It was taking forever, so I decided to let it do it's thing and I'd start the update when I woke up. This morning, I had the update notification, but the app didn't say I had an update. The car now says that it's up to date with 20.4.6. Maybe they changed their mind? Something bigger coming?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I downloaded the update after I got the email last night. It was taking forever, so I decided to let it do it's thing and I'd start the update when I woke up. This morning, I had the update notification, but the app didn't say I had an update. The car now says that it's up to date with 20.4.6. Maybe they changed their mind? Something bigger coming?
My download started last night when I parked in the garage (currently on 2019.32]. When I checked on it a while later it was gone also. I’ve had this with one other update (since we’ve been able o see the download progress). On the previous that disappeared, I texted my mobile service coordinator and he pushed the update back to my car the next morning (over LTE), so sent him a message last night asking him to do the same.

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
All, I've experienced and confirmed with the Tesla Service Center in Saint Louis (Chesterfield) that 2019.32.1 has a bug causing frequent corruption on the USB drive.

I have a Samsung MUF-256AB/AM FIT Plus 256GB - 300MB/s USB 3.1 Flash Drive that is rated at over 30MB/s write speed that now won't stay working for more than 15 minutes after being freshly formatted.

https://www.everythingusb.com/mini-drives.html

I get the dreaded write speed minimum 4MB/s error.

I've also done a complete surface test with no errors.

Maybe hold off on this version if you like Sentry Mode and DashCam. Neither work for me very long at this time.

UPDATE: Ignore all the above, the real problem was my USB drive finally failed. It was in use since Oct 2018. I've now upgraded to a better setup others have highlighted in this thread:

SanDisk MobileMate USB 3.0 microSD Card Reader - SDDR-B531-GN6NN
Sold by: Amazon.com Services, Inc
Return eligible through Oct 8, 2019
$12.99

Buy it again View your item

SanDisk 256GB High Endurance Video microSDXC Card with Adapter for Dash cam and Home Monitoring Systems - C10, U3, V30, 4K UHD, Micro SD Card - SDSQQNR-256G-GN6IA

Last edited: