Software Build v9.0 2019.28.3.1 f9e95acd (8/16/2019)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Did you install this release?

• Total voters
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
For me, the difference I saw is the autonomy. Don't know if it's a coincidence but 80% is less than previous version, and even at 22 degree Celsius, the charge line begin with dots like in winter when the battery is cold.

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor
Green Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
PROBLEM WITH SEAT HEATERS. I had my dogs in the back seat this weekend on a hot day and somehow I had inadvertently, fat fingered, turned on the rear seat heaters. It was odd that the dogs were on the floor because I had no idea I was roasting them. There is NO indication on the dash/display when the rear seat heaters on on!! You have to look at the app or the heater display. (They are also very easy to turn on, on the app when trying to set the cooling)

Is there a way to leave the back ac always on in Auto? I thought there was but I could not find it this morning. My dogs are always reminding me of this. Also, in dog mode the read AC should be the strongest by far to encourage by boys to stay in the back. (This one might be wishful thinking)

This version is doing a better job of remembering where the music is. How the hell does pause work in tune in? If you get a phone call it should buffer. Is there a fast forward or just next. Tunein the dragging the track forward does not work well and is not available on slacker. Why no backsy? Slacker works different than tunein.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
PROBLEM WITH SEAT HEATERS. I had my dogs in the back seat this weekend on a hot day and somehow I had inadvertently, fat fingered, turned on the rear seat heaters. It was odd that the dogs were on the floor because I had no idea I was roasting them. There is NO indication on the dash/display when the rear seat heaters on on!! You have to look at the app or the heater display. (They are also very easy to turn on, on the app when trying to set the cooling)

Is there a way to leave the back ac always on in Auto? I thought there was but I could not find it this morning. My dogs are always reminding me of this. Also, in dog mode the read AC should be the strongest by far to encourage by boys to stay in the back. (This one might be wishful thinking)

This version is doing a better job of remembering where the music is. How the hell does pause work in tune in? If you get a phone call it should buffer. Is there a fast forward or just next. Tunein the dragging the track forward does not work well and is not available on slacker. Why no backsy? Slacker works different than tunein.
The ac rear vents should automatically come on when there is weight in the seats. If you’ve chased your dogs to the floor with the seat heaters, the vents would indeed turn off ;)
Elon recently replied to a tweet where an owner was asking for the rear rents to come on w dog mode saying “ok” or something equally agreeable to be interpreted as “we’ll look into it”

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor
Green Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
There is NO indication on the dash/display when the rear seat heaters on on!! My boys are not heavy enough to always turn them on, and relying on me to remember is not the best bet. Also, it should always come on when the seat is folded down.

img_4876-jpeg.28706

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor
Green Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I was wondering if the seat heaters work when the seat is folded down? I have not tried that.

turnem

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
We just completed a 500 mile road trip (Charlotte, NC to Hilton Head, SC and back) on this software version. Our last road trip was on SW 2019.24.4.

NOA behavior seemed to be significantly improved on SW 2019.28.3.1. I noticed that the lane changes were faster and more human like in terms of timing. Not perfect but getting very close in my opinion. It was a blissful experience 95% of the time.

I also noticed some improvement in how the car behaves when someone turns out of your lane in front of you. The slowdown and eventual resume seemed better to me than it has been in prior versions. It still has plenty of room for improvement but it's getting better.

The one thing I keep looking for however, is better resume speed from a stop while on Autopilot. The sluggish resume is pretty bad. I'm sure they'll address it at some point.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
The one thing I keep looking for however, is better resume speed from a stop while on Autopilot. The sluggish resume is pretty bad. I'm sure they'll address it at some point.
most all of my car's miles have been in stop and go traffic with AP (or at the minimum TACC) on. In the nearly year I've had it, there have only been a few times it has needed a little push to pick back up when traffic starts moving again, and a light tap of the accelerator does that. But overall, and certainly in the last 6 months, I've not had that happen at all. I've noticed sometimes, it will even start rolling forward before the car directly ahead of me has their brake lights go off.
that said, based on comments seen from users in different areas, AP's behavior does seem to vary depending on region or the type of road or something... because what some experience regularly others do not at all.

when you are seeing the resume being sluggish, are you on a freeway? non-limited access highway? surface street?

njkode

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So for the last few days, I've been getting this error "USB drive is to slow to save". Has anyone else seen this? I just remove and reinsert the USB drive and it corrects itself for a few hours. I have a USB 3 drive and my spitter is also usb3.

Attachments

Frully

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So for the last few days, I've been getting this error "USB drive is to slow to save". Has anyone else seen this? I just remove and reinsert the USB drive and it corrects itself for a few hours. I have a USB 3 drive and my spitter is also usb3.
Keep in mind not all drives are created equal. They may be rated at usb3 speeds but suffer in random iops performance...where usb writes happen in large bursts - not necessarily a lot of data, but a lot of concurrent files being written.

SR22pilot

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yes. I was shocked when I benchmarked my USB drives and found they were fast to read but slow to write. I bought an SSD and that solved the problem. USB thumb drive 5MB/s write. SSD 400+ MB/s write. I have wondered if this revision has caused a heavier data stream when recording such that 5MB/s is inadequate.

turnem

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
most all of my car's miles have been in stop and go traffic with AP (or at the minimum TACC) on. In the nearly year I've had it, there have only been a few times it has needed a little push to pick back up when traffic starts moving again, and a light tap of the accelerator does that. But overall, and certainly in the last 6 months, I've not had that happen at all. I've noticed sometimes, it will even start rolling forward before the car directly ahead of me has their brake lights go off.
that said, based on comments seen from users in different areas, AP's behavior does seem to vary depending on region or the type of road or something... because what some experience regularly others do not at all.

when you are seeing the resume being sluggish, are you on a freeway? non-limited access highway? surface street?
That's pretty encouraging to hear. I wonder if it's a HW3 issue by chance??!

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So after the last update my mid range model 3 lost 25+/- miles while parked. anybody else see this on their mid ranger?

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
my car lost about 25+/- miles in range compared to pre update and post update, have not driven it since update just has been garaged and with the charging cord attached soi was more than shocked to see the drop in estimated miles since its always the same. got a new battery installed on the prius so i have been testing that car.

FrancoisP

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
my car lost about 25+/- miles in range compared to pre update and post update, have not driven it since update just has been garaged and with the charging cord attached soi was more than shocked to see the drop in estimated miles since its always the same. got a new battery installed on the prius so i have been testing that car.
Try charging it to 100% two or three times and see if it improves. I've been away for 10 days and I've lost only 9 miles during that time. I am on the latest version.