Software Build v9.0 2019.28.3.1 f9e95acd (8/16/2019)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• A statement from the Founder of Tesla Owners Online:

TOO is, and remains, strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we see no place for hatred and discrimination in our communities.

Did you install this release?

• Total voters

P&J

Are the driver preferences working (linking the phone to a driver) working. Do you have to reboot and restore your preferences to get this option to work?

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
a bug I often had last fall/winter, but haven't seen in many months showed back up on my way home tonight...

Get in the car (easy entry profile), step on the brake (moves to my profile), sit in the car another couple minutes doing whatever (opening audio on phone, look up an address, etc). grab seatbelt and buckle it (with foot on brake most likely) and profile goes back to easy entry. Almost as if the switch in the buckle is seeing the latching of the buckle as if it was being un-latched instead.
Back when it was happening once or twice a week, I attempted to describe it to service, and of course the guy gets in, buckles the seatbelt and it works perfectly (because it wasn't the once out of 40 times for that week). then he looks at me like I don't know what Im talking about and says it is working exactly like its supposed to. No crap service guy! it works most of the time, but when it doesn't it doesn't.
I've been having similar issues that started with 2019.24.4, and still do with 2019.28.3 wherein I get in (already in easy entry mode) and press the brakes. It then switches over to my profile and starts adjusting, but for some inexplicable reason it stops on its own before completely adjusting. I then have to touch my name in the profile menu for it to finish the adjustment.

Long Ranger

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Are the driver preferences working (linking the phone to a driver) working. Do you have to reboot and restore your preferences to get this option to work?
They are working for me, no reboot required. Are you having a specific problem, or is it not working at all?

Did you follow the instructions in the release notes to link your phone to a specific profile? If you go to Controls -> Locks does your phone have your profile name listed under it? Your profile name should appear and disappear as you toggle the profile icon (looks like a person) for that phone.

P&J

I did ( I think ) follow the instructions. I have profiles for each of our phones. I sat with my phone (it is listed as active) and was able to toggle that profile on the phone off and on. I removed myself and my phone from the area and did the same with my wife's phone.
After extolling the wonderfulness of the new software addition to my wife she went to work the next morning ........... nothing worked for her.... she addressed the door with dulcet tones and her phone and it unlocked normally, however it did not adjust anything and punching her profile no longer moved the earth or seat or anything.

She had to adjust everything manually .............. The same happened on the return trip from work.

My new home on the couch is not that comfortable by the way.

So I have rebooted the system and gone through the reload her profile step and toggled her phone to her profile. And repeated the process for my phone.

I believe my phone is working,

It is 100 degrees in the garage and I have not been able to get her to move from the Air conditioning to the Bakery to do final testing.

Long Ranger

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I did ( I think ) follow the instructions. I have profiles for each of our phones. I sat with my phone (it is listed as active) and was able to toggle that profile on the phone off and on. I removed myself and my phone from the area and did the same with my wife's phone.
After extolling the wonderfulness of the new software addition to my wife she went to work the next morning ........... nothing worked for her.... she addressed the door with dulcet tones and her phone and it unlocked normally, however it did not adjust anything and punching her profile no longer moved the earth or seat or anything.

She had to adjust everything manually .............. The same happened on the return trip from work.

My new home on the couch is not that comfortable by the way.

So I have rebooted the system and gone through the reload her profile step and toggled her phone to her profile. And repeated the process for my phone.

I believe my phone is working,

It is 100 degrees in the garage and I have not been able to get her to move from the Air conditioning to the Bakery to do final testing.
Ah, just explain to your wife that the new feature is working great. It auto-selected her profile, but simply forgot the contents of her profile... and is there a couch in the bakery?

P&J

I am off the couch ... reset her phone's bluetooth. because she is short however, having to hit the brake to get it to adjust is a stretching exercise .... she will be 6 foot soon :)
thanks all

Reliev

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm not a fan of the HVAC profile changes. I haven't linked my phone to my profile. When I get in and press the brake pedal, the HVAC automatically changes to the default profile setpoint (70F) instead of remaining at the setpoint I preconditioned to.
what do you mean mine stays at 67 always

Veedio

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I've been having similar issues that started with 2019.24.4, and still do with 2019.28.3 wherein I get in (already in easy entry mode) and press the brakes. It then switches over to my profile and starts adjusting, but for some inexplicable reason it stops on its own before completely adjusting. I then have to touch my name in the profile menu for it to finish the adjustment.
I have had this issue for months (can't remember at what point it started). About half the time the adjustment doesn't complete. It's usually the lumbar that doesn't complete but sometimes other adjustments. I mentioned this to the Oakville service centre but didn't get much help - was just told that every time they tried it worked. I would love a solution to this myself.

rrollens

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Since I only listen to flac and above audio files on my USB stick in my car, been dismayed that last two updates have stopped the ability of saving last song (picking up listening where I left off) after leaving the car. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

sduck

Country
Country
Since I only listen to flac and above audio files on my USB stick in my car, been dismayed that last two updates have stopped the ability of saving last song (picking up listening where I left off) after leaving the car. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
It's not just flac files, it's anything, and it's annoying, but at least it still remembers where you are most of the time, unlike how it used to be, where it never remembered. I find it losing it's place about one out of every 5 power cycles. (make sure you let tesla know about your frustration - they've been pretty good about working on the usb audio recently, if enough people get to them about this hopefully they'll fix it)

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just did AP on 2019.28.3.1 and seems to have regressed. Going on a straight lane it started to veer left into a left turn lane. Lines were clearly marked, during the day, with no direct sunlight or other obstruction. Later on in the drive it started braking hard with nothing in front.

Last edited:

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
It's not just flac files, it's anything, and it's annoying, but at least it still remembers where you are most of the time, unlike how it used to be, where it never remembered. I find it losing it's place about one out of every 5 power cycles. (make sure you let tesla know about your frustration - they've been pretty good about working on the usb audio recently, if enough people get to them about this hopefully they'll fix it)
I always stream (Spotify) from my phone.

Since this update, I have had numerous instances where, upon (re)entering the car, the song will not continue to play.

I have had to force things by selecting skip to the previous song or skip to the next song.

The key fob (iPhone 6) is turned off every day once I'm done with the car.

I have completed two full power downs as well as one of the two finger resets.

Email to Tesla has been sent.

kpedraja

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
After the last software update (2019.28.3.1) the driver side front window on my M3 now pops back up immediately after I open the door. This make it impossible to close the door without the window hitting the rain gutter. If I hold the door handle up, the window will pop back down but it's a tricky operation to let the handle go at just the right time so that the door will latch. Anyone else have this problem?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just did AP on 2019.28.3 and seems to have regressed. Going on a straight lane it started to veer left into a left turn lane. Lines were clearly marked, during the day, with no direct sunlight or other obstruction. Later on in the drive it started braking hard with nothing in front.
28.3? or 28.3.1? the thread for 28.3 is over here.

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have had this issue for months (can't remember at what point it started). About half the time the adjustment doesn't complete. It's usually the lumbar that doesn't complete but sometimes other adjustments. I mentioned this to the Oakville service centre but didn't get much help - was just told that every time they tried it worked. I would love a solution to this myself.
I periodically need to adjust my lumbar support inflation. I’ve heard it’s not saved in the profile.