Software Build v9.0 2019.28.3.1 f9e95acd (8/16/2019)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Did you install this release?

• Total voters

bwilson4web

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My App notified me this afternoon so I enabled the update without going to the car. I was planning to run an errand so I enabled climate control to bring the cabin from +100F (38C) to 73F (23C). In the past if I didn't go out, it would cancel it after about an hour. I was surprised to see it still running four hours later:

NOTE: my practice is to do hard reset (brake + double nipple) restart before testing a new software load. I had not done this yet.

Bob Wilson

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
a bug I often had last fall/winter, but haven't seen in many months showed back up on my way home tonight...

Get in the car (easy entry profile), step on the brake (moves to my profile), sit in the car another couple minutes doing whatever (opening audio on phone, look up an address, etc). grab seatbelt and buckle it (with foot on brake most likely) and profile goes back to easy entry. Almost as if the switch in the buckle is seeing the latching of the buckle as if it was being un-latched instead.
Back when it was happening once or twice a week, I attempted to describe it to service, and of course the guy gets in, buckles the seatbelt and it works perfectly (because it wasn't the once out of 40 times for that week). then he looks at me like I don't know what Im talking about and says it is working exactly like its supposed to. No crap service guy! it works most of the time, but when it doesn't it doesn't.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
NOTE: my practice is to do hard reset (brake + double nipple) restart before testing a new software load. I had not done this yet.
My procedure, after a new software download, is to remove the (dashcam) thumb drive, turn on the HVAC and then do a full power down (via the safety and security screen).

Once the power off button is selected, I don't touch anything (including not shifting my weight around while sitting in the seat) and wait for the HVAC system to eventually shut down and then, after about 90 seconds, the HVAC system makes one final internal noise (I am assuming it is the temperature blend door moving to a null position).

Then I'll wake the car and re-install the thumb drive.

airbusav8r

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don’t believe that is the case for everyone. I have to restart often; in particular to fix the still plaguing me 10s delay in reverse camera (usually after a week or so) and other strange behavior. I’m surprised the car doesn’t cycle down and reboot the firmware/MCU after an update. I guess more can go wrong than rite in that process.

sduck

Country
Country
I do nothing after a new software download. Why do you guys treat this car like it is some odd robot? Just drive it and it works fine...
Reboots after updates has long been a recommended thing to do, from back when the model S was the only tesla available. Most of the time it's probably not needed, but after every update you hear these reports of people with odd little quirky behavior that is fixed with a reboot. It's just cheap and easy insurance.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
I do nothing after a new software download. Why do you guys treat this car like it is some odd robot? Just drive it and it works fine...
........Because I ran into various "glitches" when using new downloads, when I first started getting new updates (15 months ago).

Since my technique (gleaned from a Reddit poster) has been employed, there have been no spurious software glitches.

-------------------

Probably the placebo effect, but since I downloaded this version yesterday I feel I have firmer regen than before.

Reliev

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Reboots after updates has long been a recommended thing to do, from back when the model S was the only tesla available. Most of the time it's probably not needed, but after every update you hear these reports of people with odd little quirky behavior that is fixed with a reboot. It's just cheap and easy insurance.
I've only rebooted my car one time and by typing this I probably jinxed it.

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I’m surprised the car doesn’t cycle down and reboot the firmware/MCU after an update.
I think it does auto reboot at the end. I have Teslafi set to give me a notification if the car is offline, and I get that notification 2 minutes before I get the Tesla notification that the update has been completed.

Reliev

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think it does auto reboot at the end. I have Teslafi set to give me a notification if the car is offline, and I get that notification 2 minutes before I get the Tesla notification that the update has been completed.
yeah, I meant manually rebooting I did it one time when I had a fluke a little over a year ago. Also, how is tesla fi doing for you? when i got my model 3 march 2018 it would take 15+ miles of range every day. And yes I know this was an old version.

Klaus-rf

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My app notified me also last PM of an update. I let it install but haven't driven (or visited with) the car since. It's my Tuesday / Thursday car.

I also do [multiple] hard resets after each update.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don't know if it is something in this release, but very big news, Teslafi is now showing Model 3's (only 6 of them) as having HW3 installed. Tesla has updated something else and flipped that switch finally.

Last edited:

dburkland

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
yeah, I meant manually rebooting I did it one time when I had a fluke a little over a year ago. Also, how is tesla fi doing for you? when i got my model 3 march 2018 it would take 15+ miles of range every day. And yes I know this was an old version.
Did you ensure sleep mode was enabled in TeslaFi? I have had 0 vampire drain issues once sleep was enabled.

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Also, how is tesla fi doing for you? when i got my model 3 march 2018 it would take 15+ miles of range every day. And yes I know this was an old version.
No problems with extra loss with Teslafi. Just need polling options set well.
Did you ensure sleep mode was enabled in TeslaFi? I have had 0 vampire drain issues once sleep was enabled.
I agree, no issues. But there is some drain as that is just a part of Teslas. My average drain on both my X and my 3, both which use Teslafi, stays well within the 1%/day that Tesla says to expect.

Dear Mods: I know we are off topic. Whisk us away to elsewhere as necessary.

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I don't know if it is something in this release, but very big new, Teslafi is now showing Model 3's (only 6 of them) as having HW3 installed. Tesla has updated something else and flipped that switch finally.
I’m not sure what you mean. Didn’t Tesla start putting the HW3 computer in new builds this past spring? So I would expect that to be showing on Teslafi.... I was thinking that AP version was self-reported when we signed up. Are you saying that Teslafi is pulling that info and it has changed?

Looking at latest installs of this firmware, I’m seeing S’s and X’s with HW3 but no Model 3’s. Where are you seeing a list that shows the 3’s?

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Teslafi pulls the factory codes, they can be found for your car on the first tab of Teslafi. You are correct that S and X reported HW3.0 immediately, but we know model 3's are on Teslafi with HW3.0, but they have never reported as such until today. Click the Fleet, Software Tracker option, then scroll down. I typically only watch model 3's, so be sure and select that from the drop down so you don't see data for the S and X. Then scroll down, you'll find this:

Attachments

Sri

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My bluetooth volume has down after this upgrade. I have to turn the volume way up compared to other audio sources to hear the music or call at decent levels. Anyone else having this issue?

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My bluetooth volume has down after this upgrade. I have to turn the volume way up compared to other audio sources to hear the music or call at decent levels. Anyone else having this issue?
Make sure the bluetooth volume control on your phone is turned up the whole way.