Software Build v9.0 2019.28.3.1 f9e95acd (8/16/2019)

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Did you install this release?

• Total voters

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
New build - looks to be all cars worldwide. Post and update if you have release notes please.

turnem

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just got back into town and had my car sitting at the airport all week. Got the software update message after about 30 minutes of being home. I'm on 2019.28.3.1 f9e95acd coming directly from 2019.24.4 73fb1ab.

Curious to see if there are any noticeable improvements in any of the autopilot areas. I don't much care about the features called out in the release notes except for the driver profile one - that was long overdue but doesn't really apply to me since I'm the only one that drives the car.

sduck

Country
Country
I got the update message about half an hour before i had to drive to Bowling Green, about an hour and a half drive, and back later in the day. Everything seemed to work fine - I used just regualr AP most of the way, traffic was really heavy on the way there, didn't want to deal with the car dawdling on lane changes. No phantom braking. The small problems I had been having with USB audio seemed to be better, although it's too early to tell if they're actually fixed, or maybe the new connector I have with my ssd via my new jeda usb hub fixed the problem - random stops, the car forgetting where it is over power cycles, songs cutting off early.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I installed this onto my M3 last night. Nothing new on release notes, but it did go through some additional options to ask for authorisation to send anonymised dashcam and sentry footage to Tesla.

There was an option stating that sending sentry footage will help them improve on sentry alerts, and for doing so sentry footage will be stored with your VIN and kept online for 72 hours... It was unclear if this also meant we'd be able to access it, and if we still need the formatted usb drive to have this.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
After updating to 2019.28.3.1 my NOA defaults to being disabled after every trip. I have to go into Autopilot settings to enable it and then agree to the disclaimers before every drive. Rebooting didn't help.

I submitted a bug report but it's tricky to describe the problem with the limited amount of words that the system allows.

dburkland

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I would also recommend sending the bug details to your local service center (local one here in MN made this suggestion to me) as they can appropriately escalate / route to the AP team internally.

John

Tech Founder
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
After updating to 2019.28.3.1 my NOA defaults to being disabled after every trip. I have to go into Autopilot settings to enable it and then agree to the disclaimers before every drive. Rebooting didn't help.

I submitted a bug report but it's tricky to describe the problem with the limited amount of words that the system allows.
Maybe something to do with profiles? Usually when a setting is off in my car, it's because I'm not on the profile I thought I was.

WonkoTheSane

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Never got a notification on my phone but saw the update meagre in my car. Sat in the car during the update (first time in a long time) and it made lots of funky noises and movements. Also got this message I have never seen before.
15662635837948117022884120884223-jpg.28542

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Never got a notification on my phone but saw the update meagre in my car. Sat in the car during the update (first time in a long time) and it made lots of funky noises and movements. Also got this message I have never seen before. View attachment 28542
Did your update complete successfully? Did you interrupt the update in any way while being in the car. It is recommended you not be in the car during the updates. You might try calling support to see if they can diagnose and push without having to make a visit.

WonkoTheSane

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Did your update complete successfully? Did you interrupt the update in any way while being in the car. It is recommended you not be in the car during the updates. You might try calling support to see if they can diagnose and push without having to make a visit.
Everything seems to have worked fine. After a while that message went away. When it was done it rebooted on its own and I got a phone notification that it was done.

yessirrom

Country
Country
Never got a notification on my phone but saw the update meagre in my car. Sat in the car during the update (first time in a long time) and it made lots of funky noises and movements. Also got this message I have never seen before. View attachment 28542
I had the exact same message. Made me nervous and thought it had failed. I was timing the update and the 30 minute estimated time had not elapsed yet. I waited and the message went away and the update completed. All good. The car did make a lot of noises and clunks while the update was installing.

madhaus

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just got this update. The update screens another poster shared mention improvements that I’ve seen in previous release notes (driver profile link, chess, beach buggy and dog mode improvement).

Earlier this week I was NOA and I noticed a huge improvement in one aspect. Usually when I drive to work I have 4.5 miles of one freeway and switch to another. Long before I want to move to the right lane NOA will start warning of right lane switches, which I keep cancelling until I’m only a mile out. This time I didn’t get the right lane shift until... one mile out! It’s like it finally learned how I want to drive this stretch of road.

Brentt

I’m not sure it’s related to 28.3.1, but I’ve had a cascade of failures. The first issue was about two weeks ago when the passenger windows on both front and rear wouldn’t roll up or down. The buttons wouldn’t work and there was no movement at all. I set up a service appointment for mobile service to take a look at it, but After sitting overnight everything corrected itself and was back to normal. I got a text message two days later from tech support saying they had checked the vehicle logs and the windows needed re-calibrated, but since everything was working they were cancelling my service appointment. I then got 28.3.1. Everything was good until today, and the passenger side windows stopped working again, except this time, the passenger side mirror is stuck in the retracted position and the vent louvres on the A/C won’t work. The A/C only cools about 50% when driving ,but works fine when plugged in, with the exception of the louvre. Fortunately, I was able to contact mobile service and they are scheduled to take a look at it tomorrow.