Current Software Build v11.0 & v10.2 2021.44.*

Have you installed a version of 2021.44?

• No

• 2021.44.5.5 (FSD Beta 10.7)

• 2021.44.25.2 (Holiday Release)

• 2021.44.25.5 (FSD Beta 10.8)

• 2021.44.25.6 (FSD Beta 10.8)

• 2021.44.30.5 (FSD Beta 10.8.1)

• 2021.44.30.5 (FSD Beta)

• 2021.44.30.10 (FSD Beta 10.9)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mike

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Just got 44.30.2 yesterday and did a 2.5 hour freeway trip with NOA today.

Still no trunk lights when the car is asleep and automatic wipers still are ineffective with no contrast.

On the plus side, in three lane scenarios, after passing trucks in the middle lane whilst the right lane also had a large truck, NOA was no longer spooked by the large trucks in the very right lane and had many successful switches from the passing lane to the middle lane. Conditions were overcast for these successful manoeuvres.

styleruk

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just got 44.30.2 yesterday and did a 2.5 hour freeway trip with NOA today.

Still no trunk lights when the car is asleep and automatic wipers still are ineffective with no contrast.

On the plus side, in three lane scenarios, after passing trucks in the middle lane whilst the right lane also had a large truck, NOA was no longer spooked by the large trucks in the very right lane and had many successful switches from the passing lane to the middle lane. Conditions were overcast for these successful manoeuvres.
I'm finding the wipers so much worse on this update. I'm using the button on the end of the stalk every trip to bring up the menu and select an option and keep them on, simply does not wipe correctly in this UK weather. We have grit on the roads and the screen mists over with crud very quickly to the point that you simply cannot see out, yet the auto wipers do nothing! I tried leaving it for a while, but it's simply dangerous, therefore, I'm manually selecting wipers myself. (similar to my 1965 classic car really).
Tesla do need to do something with the wipers in the future, the method of spotting rain on the screen with a camera simply does not work and they need to fit a sensor like everyone else does. (unless they already do and mine is just rubbish).

Kimmo57

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm finding the wipers so much worse on this update. I'm using the button on the end of the stalk every trip to bring up the menu and select an option and keep them on, simply does not wipe correctly in this UK weather. We have grit on the roads and the screen mists over with crud very quickly to the point that you simply cannot see out, yet the auto wipers do nothing! I tried leaving it for a while, but it's simply dangerous, therefore, I'm manually selecting wipers myself. (similar to my 1965 classic car really).
Tesla do need to do something with the wipers in the future, the method of spotting rain on the screen with a camera simply does not work and they need to fit a sensor like everyone else does. (unless they already do and mine is just rubbish).
I think there should be an option to pin the wiper controls on the screen. Adjusting wipers should never be a two hand, two step operation (yes, on the menu it's just a one hand, two step operation and still bad design).

garsh

🐦🦆🦅🐓🦃🦉🦜
Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Release notes for 2021.44.30.6 have been added.
I've only added the entries that didn't exist previously.
Note that some of these are still repeats, but they've been added for additional vehicles and/or regions.
2021.44.30.6 Release Notes:
Track Mode (Model S 2021+ Plaid)​
Optimize your Plaid configuration for dynamic driving exclusively on closed courses and experience the unmatched performance at many different venues. To enable, tap Controls > Pedals & Steering > Track Mode.​
  • Thermals: The heat pump system cools more aggressively, maximizing powertrain endurance and performance. Enable post-drive cooling to shorten wait times between sessions.
  • Drive Systems: Torque vectoring authority is increased across the three motors, elevating the vehicle's agility and cornering capability. The accelerator pedal allows more precise torque control, and regenerative braking power is strengthened to recover more energy.
  • Suspension: Adaptive damping reduces vehicle motions, improving handling and promoting driver confidence. Ride height is automatically set to 'Low' upon drive off.
  • Display: A track-focused interface includes a lap timer, G-meter (real-time accelerometer), vehicle thermals monitor, Dashcam video capture, vehicle telemetry capture, and offers customization options.
Boombox Megaphone (requires PWS)​
Project your voice with additional authority using the new Megaphone function. Tap Toybox > Boombox > Megaphone.​
Note: Your car must be in park to use Megaphone.​

Subwoofer (Premium Audio, MCU 2)​
You can now adjust your subwoofer by bringing up your Media Player, and tapping the settings icon > Tone.​
Use Comfort Damping Suspension in Autopilot (S & X, Adaptive Suspension)​
Your vehicle will now automatically transition to Comfort Suspension Damping when Autopilot is engaged. This setting is enabled by default. To disable, tap Controls > Suspension > Use Comfort Damping in Autopilot.​
Car Wash Mode (Model X 2021+ Model S 2021+)​
Car Wash Mode closes all windows, locks the charge port and disables windshield wipers, Sentry Mode, Walk-Away Door Locks and parking sensor chimes. For automatic car washes with conveyor belts, the Free Roll option shifts to Neutral and prevents the parking brake from automatically applying if you leave. To access, tap Controls > Service > Car Wash Mode.​
Sentry Mode Live Camera Access (Model X 2021+ Model S 2021+ Model 3 Model Y, MCU2, Available in new regions)​
You can now view your car's surroundings from the Tesla app when parked to confirm the safety of your environment before returning to your car. Live Camera is end-to-end encrypted and cannot be accessed by Tesla. To enable or disable, tap Controls > Safety > 'View Live Camera via Mobile App' from the vehicle touchscreen display.​
Note: This feature requires mobile app version 4.2.1 or higher, and Premium Connectivity.​

• Helpful
Reactions: iChris93

Perscitus

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Same release notes with 2021.44.30.7 which pushed to my car yesterday/today.

Still same v11 GUI without the ability to further customize screen-space or drag any function or widget to the frequently used area.

Still same old 2020 nav data.

• Agree
Reactions: Klaus-rf

EpsilonKore

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Same release notes with 2021.44.30.7 which pushed to my car yesterday/today.

Still same v11 GUI without the ability to further customize screen-space or drag any function or widget to the frequently used area.

Still same old 2020 nav data.
Received 44.30.7 this morning, was initially excited since I’ve had a 99+ Safety Score for 2 weeks (and 205 miles of driving)… but no… just another bug fix. I feel like I’m on a ban list for FSD. Months I drove around with a 98 score, then reset it all and now I have a 99… still I get standard software. What gives?!

styleruk

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
A silly question coming up and I apologies if it's in the wrong thread. But I'm in the UK and cannot see anyway of reading my score, can somone enlighten me as to how I can see this, it's certainly not on the app and I have the beta options selected in my car for FSD. Up to now I have assumed you get selected to have the option to display your safety score.
On another note, I assume my score would be very bad because the loud beep happens often as I drive to and from my house every time I forget to turn off the lane departure crap thing. I live in England where the roads get tight and you have to straddle the solid white lines on most corners on village lanes or lose a door mirror, so that beeping often will tell the safety score that I'm a bad driver. Also often get the beep as I approach parked cars down my lane, you have to zig-zag between them and sometimes it thinks I'm going to do a head on with another car. So my score is going to be bad, but it would be interesting to know how far away I am from actually getting any kind of useful FSD feature (in UK), any time soon. 3 years this year and I have nothing to show for the upgrade.

It would appear that it is not available in the UK yet. Typical, we have pretty much nothing to show for the FSD extra, I cannot imagine why anyone in the UK would buy this option now at it's higher price than when I ordered it 3 years ago.
(I apologies for my slight bitterness on this.)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: bwilson4web

Perscitus

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
New Nav Maps finally rolling out soon:
USA: NA-2021.44-13555
China: CN-2021.44-13668
Europe, Other Regions: TBD

Credit to @ greentheonly (just like all the recent chatter about heat pumps on 2020+ 3/Ys failing, seizing left and right in colder regions of the globe).

garsh

🐦🦆🦅🐓🦃🦉🦜
Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
2021.44.30.10 Release Notes
FSD Beta 10.9
  • Improved intersection extents and right of way assignment by updating modeling of intersection areas from dense rasters ("bag of points") to sparse instances. Increased intersection region IOU by 4.2%. The sparse intersection network is the first model deployed with an auto-regressive architecture that runs natively with low latency on the TRIP Al accelerator chip, through innovations in the Al compiler stack.
  • Upgraded generalized static object network to use 10-bit photon count streams rather than 8-bit ISP tonemapped images by adding 10-bit inference support in the Al compiler stack. Improved overall recall by 3.9% and precision by 1.7%.
  • Made unprotected left turns across oncoming lanes more natural by proceeding straight into intersection while yielding, before initiating the turn.
  • Improved lane preference and topology estimation by 1.2% with a network update and a new format for navigation clues.
  • Improved short deadline lane changes with better modeling of necessary deceleration for maneuvers beyond the lane change.
  • Improved future paths for objects not confined to lane geometry by better modelling of their kinematics.
  • Made launches from stop more calm when there is an imminent slowdown nearby.
  • Improved gap selection when yielding to a stream of oncoming cars on narrow roads.

Reactions: Kizzy

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Ludicrous Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
how is the battle of 9's going, I don't recall?

Photon counting, really, I think Elon just liked the word
Improved overall recall by 3.9% and precision by 1.7%, come on betas, train better

% increases mean nothing without a base

I still believe the most AI learning will be from us bad drivers, I can find the corner cases on a regular bases.

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have been giving blind spot cameras a bit of a work out, trying to like them.

1. I think that they are essential for lane changes. A few times they have alerted me to a car that was not on the visualization half of the screen. But, they take 1 or 2 blinks before they show up and they disappear immediately after the third blink. that gives me only 1 - 2 seconds to see and analyze the image. the image has to hang about for another second or two or an option for 5 blinks for a lane change tap needs to be available
  2. get the blind spot image out of the lower left of the screen there is WAY too much there with v11 and moving the image to the top (i don't need to know my speed or gear during a lane change) or over where the map lives (the same place the side cameras are placed when backing up or when you activate the camera view)
  3. some kind of indication or placement that hints at you looking at the left or the right side camera. Again, placing the image where the side cameras live during backup would have a consistency of "left side camera here" and "right side camera there"
  4. the blind spot view is near useless for left or right turns. - If I am turning left I am in the left most lane and all I see in the blind spot camera are the back end of cars travelling the opposite direction away from me. This is useless. Similarly when turning right the blind spot camera sees the sidewalk and that's about it.
we need to have a "blind spot camera for taps" and one for lane changes.

msjulie

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have been giving blind spot cameras a bit of a work out, trying to like them.
Is it just me or does this seem like another way to try and catch up to the ubiquitous light-in-mirror warning that it seems every other car has?

Every car I passed on my recent Monterey to San Diego trip had some little orange/yellow glow in the driver's mirror as we passed by; literally I can not recall one that did not (outside Tesla) and I was looking for them

Sorry for tangent

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Is it just me or does this seem like another way to try and catch up to the ubiquitous light-in-mirror warning that it seems every other car has?

Every car I passed on my recent Monterey to San Diego trip had some little orange/yellow glow in the driver's mirror as we passed by; literally I can not recall one that did not (outside Tesla) and I was looking for them

Sorry for tangent
the light in the mirror is "old school" blind spot warning. Volvo, for example, has had this (called BLIS - Blind Spot Indicator System or sumsuch) for a few years.

A couple of companies now replace part of the display with a camera image when you are turning. Hyundai has had this for a while.

So Tesla isn't catching up to Volvo, they are catching up to Hyundai. Volvo has to catch up as well :)

msjulie

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
the light in the mirror is "old school" blind spot warning. Volvo, for example, has had this (called BLIS - Blind Spot Indicator System or sumsuch) for a few years.
Fair enough, it sure seems to work just fine :). You could argue not broken, no fix needed.

It comforts me to see that little light, I like to pretend that driver might actually notice me next to them :)

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Fair enough, it sure seems to work just fine :). You could argue not broken, no fix needed.

It comforts me to see that little light, I like to pretend that driver might actually notice me next to them :)

on boring commutes i;ve been known to pop in and out of the spot to see if I can make someone's mirror light go on and off purposefully.

• Funny
Reactions: Mike and msjulie

M3OC Rules

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
the blind spot view is near useless for left or right turns. - If I am turning left I am in the left most lane and all I see in the blind spot camera are the back end of cars travelling the opposite direction away from me.
Do you have bike lanes? Does seem like they could be smart about when they turn them on though.

Reactions: jdr93@

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Do you have bike lanes? Does seem like they could be smart about when they turn them on though.
or even kids on the sidewalk. but yes the Vancouver area has bike lanes throughout.

I wonder if the Tesla computer is smart enough to understand that when turning, and in the rightmost lane for a right turn and stopped, show the camera. That way a bike zipping up the side of your stopped car just as you start the turn won't get smooshed. As a cyclist, knowing that the light was about to turn green, I've zipped up beside the stopped cars to enter when the light turns green. That may have scared a driver or two. Sorry.

ltphoto

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Received 44.30.7 this morning, was initially excited since I’ve had a 99+ Safety Score for 2 weeks (and 205 miles of driving)… but no… just another bug fix. I feel like I’m on a ban list for FSD. Months I drove around with a 98 score, then reset it all and now I have a 99… still I get standard software. What gives?!
Same with me. I had a 99 score and over 8,000 miles with no updates. Did a reset and at least got the latest non-FSD update. Then opted back in. Over 400 miles with 100 score and no updates again. Seems if I am opted in for FSD beta it blocks me from getting any updates.

harrison987

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Same with me. I had a 99 score and over 8,000 miles with no updates. Did a reset and at least got the latest non-FSD update. Then opted back in. Over 400 miles with 100 score and no updates again. Seems if I am opted in for FSD beta it blocks me from getting any updates.

I had to reset mine a few times, and opt out. The key is to opting out...see the score get removed from the APP...and then re-apply.

I got angry as the CPU was screwing me...not my driving habits. Every time I was on a bend, and a pedestrian on the sidewalk ahead of me on the bend....the car would give me a mega warning like I was going to hit them. There were also other errors that were CPU issues, not me driving. I just said "screw it", and made sure I was at 100% at all times...if it dropped below 99%, I would reset everything again,

What is silly is that the car in FSD takes turns WELL ABOVE the limit they penalize you on...and also brakes much harder.

I do not use FSD a lot right now, as I find it too aggressive in many situations that i would not be aggressive in.