Current Software Build v10.2 2021.40.* (latest 2021.40.6)

Have you installed a version of 2021.40?

• Total voters

garsh

🐦🦆🦅🐧 🐓🦃🦉🦢🦜
Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Resources for Software Information:
Specific Software Versions:
  • 2021.40 0e8aadb89ae0 (2021-08-28)
  • 2021.40.5 3e0f2ed95a80 (2021-11-11)
  • 2021.40.5.1 44eef155b1a3 (2021-11-12)
  • 2021.40.6 eed31525bfea (2021-11-19)
Previous Software Thread:
Release Notes:
TIDAL (only in certain regions)​
TIDAL streaming is now available from the Media menu with a TIDAL account. You can listen to TIDAL playlists or albums in high-quality audio by connecting to Wi-Fi and pressing Download on the selected content.​
Active Road Noise Reduction (Model X 2021+, Model S 2021+)​
Your vehicle now has the ability to actively reduce low-frequency road noise while driving on rough surfaces. To accomplish this, the system uses the seat microphones to measure the noise in the cabin, then generates anti-noise through the speakers to create quiet zones around the occupants.​
To access, tap Audio Settings > Options > Active Road Noise Reduction.​
Cold Weather Improvements
You can now enable front defrost and maintain your climate settings when clearing ice and snow. As usual, tap the fan icon and select Keep Climate On when parked.​
Additionally, when using climate controls on the Tesla App, automatic battery pre-conditioning has been optimized to consume less energy.​
Rear Display Improvements (Model X 2021+, Model S 2021+)​
You can now lock access to the rear screen by tapping Controls > Display > Lock Rear Display.​
New Language Support
You can now select British English as your language. To update your language setting, tap Controls > Display and select the desired option from the Language drop down menu.​
Traffic Aware Cruise Control Chime
You will now receive an audio alert when Traffic-Aware Cruise Control is enabled. To disable, tap Controls > Autopilot > Traffic-Aware Cruise Control Chime.​
Range Display (2021 Model 3 Long Range)​
Your vehicle's range estimation has been modified to better represent real-world conditions.​
Navigation Language Selection (Available only in Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan)​
You can now hear your navigation instructions in different languages. To access, tap Controls > Display > Languages > Navigation.​
2021.40.5 Release Notes:
Add Stop
Add a new stop to your route by tapping the "+" icon on the navigation search button and searching for a destination, or selecting a pin on the map.​
Sentry Model Live Camera Access
You can now view your car's surroundings from the Tesla app when parked to confirm the safety of your environment before returning to your car. Live Camera is end-to-end encrypted and cannot be accessed by Tesla. To enable or disable, tap 'Controls' > 'Safety' > 'View Live Camera via Mobile App' from the vehicle touchscreen display.​
Note: This feature requires iOS mobile app version 4.2.1 or higher, and Premium Connectivity.​

Last edited:

JWardell

TOO Master Member 👑
TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

Excited to hear impressions of the new Model S noise cancellation.

And personally excited to get the TAC half-AP chime, will finally know when I've inadvertently activated it!

garsh

🐦🦆🦅🐧 🐓🦃🦉🦢🦜
Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Release notes for 2021.40 have been added to the OP.

Release Notes:
TIDAL (only in certain regions)​
TIDAL streaming is now available from the Media menu with a TIDAL account. You can listen to TIDAL playlists or albums in high-quality audio by connecting to Wi-Fi and pressing Download on the selected content.​
Active Road Noise Reduction (Model X 2021+, Model S 2021+)​
Your vehicle now has the ability to actively reduce low-frequency road noise while driving on rough surfaces. To accomplish this, the system uses the seat microphones to measure the noise in the cabin, then generates anti-noise through the speakers to create quiet zones around the occupants.​
To access, tap Audio Settings > Options > Active Road Noise Reduction.​
You can now enable front defrost and maintain your climate settings when clearing ice and snow. As usual, tap the fan icon and select Keep Climate On when parked.​
Additionally, when using climate controls on the Tesla App, automatic battery pre-conditioning has been optimized to consume less energy.​
Rear Display Improvements (Model X 2021+, Model S 2021+)​
You can now lock access to the rear screen by tapping Controls > Display > Lock Rear Display.​
New Language Support
You can now select British English as your language. To update your language setting, tap Controls > Display and select the desired option from the Language drop down menu.​
Traffic Aware Cruise Control Chime
You will now receive an audio alert when Traffic-Aware Cruise Control is enabled. To disable, tap Controls > Autopilot > Traffic-Aware Cruise Control Chime.​
Range Display (2021 Model 3 Long Range)​
Your vehicle's range estimation has been modified to better represent real-world conditions.​
Navigation Language Selection (Available only in Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan)​
You can now hear your navigation instructions in different languages. To access, tap Controls > Display > Languages > Navigation.​

PiperPaul

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just received/installed 2021.40 (Signature ends in 9ae0).
Sorry @garsh - I don't see a thread for this one.
Release notes indicate new Cold Weather Improvements and another music streaming service for which I don't have an account.

The car display graphics at the left are much clearer. I can almost see when my brake lights come on - if I stare hard - so I'm less concerned about being rear-ended in Hold mode.
I also suddenly have full black-out tint on all the glass. Looks very cool (but illegal). o_O

• Funny
Reactions: Mike and Kizzy

GDN

Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Super. I had faith that @garsh was on it. Wonder why it doesn't show in "Similar threads"?
I don't know about those algorithms - would have to ask @TrevP that question. I do know that the thread is pinned at the top of the Software forum, so if you were looking through the other threads you could have missed it. We keep just the latest 2 to 3 most popular software threads pinned at the top of that forum.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Mike and PiperPaul

garsh

🐦🦆🦅🐧 🐓🦃🦉🦢🦜
Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
2021.40.5 Release Notes:
Add Stop
Add a new stop to your route by tapping the "+" icon on the navigation search button and searching for a destination, or selecting a pin on the map.​
Sentry Model Live Camera Access
You can now view your car's surroundings from the Tesla app when parked to confirm the safety of your environment before returning to your car. Live Camera is end-to-end encrypted and cannot be accessed by Tesla. To enable or disable, tap 'Controls' > 'Safety' > 'View Live Camera via Mobile App' from the vehicle touchscreen display.​
Note: This feature requires iOS mobile app version 4.2.1 or higher, and Premium Connectivity.​

Reactions: Mike and DocScott

mat1990dj

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Only yet 3 cars (2 on teslascope, model S plaid; one on teslafi, model 3 SR+ UK?)
Not very much of a deployment for 40.5 sadly

• Informative
Reactions: Mike

kornerz

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Additionally, when using climate controls on the Tesla App, automatic battery pre-conditioning has been optimized to consume less energy.
On previous firmware the car started to pre-heat battery to 10.5 °C if climate is turned on and battery temperature is below that value.
As of 2021.40, it looks like this pre-heating is simply gone - at least at battery temperature as low as 3 °C it does not turn on battery heater anymore.

It may be still present below zero Celsius, but that needs more testing.

• Informative
Reactions: Mike and Kizzy

JeanDeBarraux

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I've taken a couple of drives on 2021.40, and so far, the only thing I've noticed is that accelerations from stop (e.g. in traffic) are a lot smoother compared to the 2021.32. Cold weather improvements? Possible but hard to compare with previous versions.

garsh

🐦🦆🦅🐧 🐓🦃🦉🦢🦜
Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
installed 21.40 today and now I can’t connect to my car. Anyone else have this problem?
This appears to be a Tesla server-side issue, not an issue with any particular release of vehicle software.

Reactions: Kizzy

Mike

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Welp, got all excited with installing 40.6 because “British English” was part of the new options.

Unfortunately, the “British English“ is only applied to words on the UI (boot versus trunk, that sort of thing), not to voice commands.

I had hoped to have a “British English“ female voice give me navigation instructions.

(I have my mobile devices talk to me in female “British English“).

Oh yea, waypoints are cool…I guess :p

Back to our regular programming.

Malaromane

Ludicrous Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Any Tidal users out there? Has anyone tried out the Tidal integration and compared the audio quality to the other in-car options (Spotify and Tesla's own streaming)?