Current Software Build v10.2 2021.4 (latest 2021.4.18.3)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

EVmatch: the Airbnb of EV charging.

Have you installed a version of 2021.4?

• Total voters

webe3owners

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
I'm on 4.18, with a HW 2.5 M3 with AP (no EAP or FSD).

It certainly seems to me like AP is handling the circumstance where a lane ends or two lanes become once much better than it ever has in the past. It used to be that if I was on AP in a merge lane which disappeared but where the markings went all the way to the end the car would drive almost to the end of the lane and then swerve in to the new lane. It was always very abrupt, and not at all the way a person would do it. If there was anyone in the lane I was changing in to they'd generally be displeased, even if there was a lot of separation.

But today, in the same circumstances, it just drifted over in to the new lane, pretty much the way a human driver would.

Similarly, I was on a surface road where two lanes turn to one, with the dividing line disappearing. In the past, my recollection is that it would usually abruptly try to recenter when the markings went away. Today, it more gradually drifted in to the center position. I'm not as sure about this one as I am about the case with the merge lane, though.

Yah. We noticed the same thing twice today.

bernie

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y
And California 18.3 on my Model Y right now - just minor bug fixes - yawn.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: DocScott

NR4P

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
18.3 was downloaded to my 3 last night. I already had 18.2 in the vehicle in downloaded state as I had not yet installed it awaiting confirmation that I won't be limited to 75mph. 18.3 is pending install too, waiting....

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Yeah, do we know what is in 18.3? I just had it download, but have a five day road trip starting this weekend. Really need EAP to work reliably for that.

tencate

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
awaiting confirmation that I won't be limited to 75mph
18.2 does not have that limit, i had it set to 78 mph several times on my recent trip. I got prompted for an update when I was in Houston so I downloaded it and drove back to NM with it. Figured why not. I did notice that its choice of superchargers on the way back wasn't quite what I expected though. Example: instead of Corsicana, it sent me to Waco, which has LOTS of nice V3 chargers btw amidst a bunch of construction. Otherwise, I really didn't notice anything noticeably different in the 900 or so miles back. An auto wipers hiccup was noteworthy, the windows got buggy and as soon as I got into Santa Fe, with streetlights, the car thought I had rain all over the window and turned on the wipers. Yuck. But driving-wise everything about the same. Gotta admit, driving to Houston and back (which I've done quite a few times now) keeps getting easier and easier on me, the driver.

nonStopSwagger

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
18.3 was downloaded to my 3 last night. I already had 18.2 in the vehicle in downloaded state as I had not yet installed it awaiting confirmation that I won't be limited to 75mph. 18.3 is pending install too, waiting....
The 75 mph limit is for new cars only, that are missing the radar. If you have a radar, 18.X will allow you to set the limit to what it was previously, 90 mph

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
We’ll, I went ahead and did the update to 18.3, first thing that it indicated after install was the “auto pilot and enhanced safety features would NOT be available till possibly the next drive”.. not sure what that means, but it’s still there after 5 miles, parking, leaving and coming back.. sure as s..t it better clear up today!.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I just went on a 400-mile drive with 2021.4.18.2. While I experienced several instances of unwanted, incorrect braking, I never experienced "phantom" braking. That is, I was always able to figure out the cause of the braking.

The most infuriating instance I found was when encountering these little orange diamond-shaped reflectors on signs:
1623439890033.png

It took me a while to figure out what was going on. When I glanced at the screen, I saw flickering traffic signals with a yellow light on! With the sun somewhat behind me and reflecting off of these, the car thought it was a bright yellow light!

The other common (and much more understandable) occurrence was encountering yellow flashing lights for various reasons. They didn't even have to be on - the car would begin to slow down.

1623439889913.png

Long Ranger

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
The other common (and much more understandable) occurrence was encountering yellow flashing lights for various reasons. They didn't even have to be on - the car would begin to slow down.
Just wondering if this is with Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control enabled or disabled?

Reactions: garsh

NR4P

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
2021.4.18.3 was downloaded and now it is gone. Decided to install it and its no more. Wonder if Tesla pulled it?

• Informative
Reactions: GDN

RonAz

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I came up on a big yellow diamond sign that said " Experimental Elk Crossing" with flashing yellow lights. The car slowed down, which I thought was appropriate. This was in a 65 mph zone with navigate on autopilot. Stop lights engaged.

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
The last three days I’m getting false, “Frontal collision” alerts typically on overpasses, 2 of 3. I’ll start dashcam recording the next ones.

Does this signal a need to self-calibrate the sensors?

Bob Wilson
Any update on this? I’ve gotten the forward collision a number of times (half a dozen or so) in the past 1000 miles on 18.2. I’ve not noticed any basis or similarity in the events. I had never seen this warning before.

DocScott

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I've got 4.18 (nothing after the 18), with an M3 on HW 2.5.

I frequently use AP on surface streets (yes, I know the manual says not to do that).

This version is a lot more cautious when parked cars are sticking a bit in to the travel lane than used to be the case. I had several cases today where it slowed considerably in that circumstance. It was a nice compromise between stopping so suddenly I might get rear-ended, and yet reducing speed enough to make it not as bad if I side-swiped the car. I should make it clear that I easily cleared the parked cars in all cases; AP just got a little "nervous."

I must say; I like that better than how it used to behave, which was to ignore those cars and continue barreling along at the set speed. This behavior seemed more prudent.

• Informative
Reactions: Kizzy

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yah. We noticed the same thing twice today.
Ditto here too after over 1100 highway miles on our summer road trip. I just don’t know why AP doesn’t just follow the left lane makers instead of drifting right to center the car to the far right lane marker from the on ramp. Where I came across a wider on ramp with far right lane markers, the re-centering move is more abrupt. I just don’t like it :rolleyes: