Current Software Build v10.2 2021.4 (latest 2021.4.15)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

help_balance_thegrid_with_evdotenergy

Have you installed a version of 2021.4?

• Total voters

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
All joking aside. I remember seeing in https://www.notateslaapp.com/softwa...tesla-will-allow-you-to-download-the-fsd-beta
where Elon 'confirmed' the FSD Beta Button rollout would be the following month. It didn't mention when that comment was. If last month, then April would be the target. If it was early April, then May is the target.
Does anyone else have a heartbeat on this?
Elon backtracked on that after they reviewed how FSD Beta was used. Instead, they added a few people and kicked out a handful.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
IWOW.... I must admit that the last 3 months of updates have been nothing to get excited about...

I can't remember the last time that Tesla has such a long period of time in which they didn't introduce something new to the car other than bug fixes...

Looking at all the updates since December, they all seem to be bugs fixes.... Can't say I have noticed anything different that these fixes are suppose to fix.

Any ideas?
I haven't noticed anything different either.

Autopilot on two lane highways is still a nerve racking experience as the software stickes too close to the centerline and momentarily slows for oncoming large trucks that cross from the right...autopilot on freeways still doesn't look farther than two seconds ahead...and the darn lights in my trunk don't work when the car is asleep...

francoisp

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y
WOW.... I must admit that the last 3 months of updates have been nothing to get excited about...

I can't remember the last time that Tesla has such a long period of time in which they didn't introduce something new to the car other than bug fixes...

Looking at all the updates since December, they all seem to be bugs fixes.... Can't say I have noticed anything different that these fixes are suppose to fix.

Any ideas?
I think the low-temperature regen improvement introduced last month was pretty nice.

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
As we move into mid April, I was thinking that we haven’t really seen any real updates of any significance for over THREE months since the three fires (not) holiday release at the end of December 2020. Sure, we’ve had additional updates to that build .48 but nothing really of any real interest. I really hope that they not only release something fairly soon, but this history of over promise and under deliver needs to move to ACTUALLY deliver or under promise and OVER deliver at some point.

wackojacko

Country
Country
Phone key has completely failed once again. Even BT off and on does not fix it, and even when that used to work, it was only temporary. I'm back on the key card. I will try the delete and rekey once again, but may also request service appointment if for no other reason than to get some "official" advice on what to do. I'm unsure if this is related to the current software version, or series of updates, so this might belong in a different thread. :(:mad::confused:

(iPhone 12 Pro iOS v 14.4.2, Car v 2021.4.12, tesla phone app v 3.10.10)

(Prior Post #289: I may have found the solution for my non-functioning phone key referenced in several prior posts. Thanks to @garsh for the suggestions in post #263. I deleted everything suggested, including the phone app, and started over. It has now been several days and the phone key has worked every time. So, this issue may or may not have been related to the current stream of updates, or just some issue with the app on my phone (iPhone 12 Pro), or both. Anyway, I'm much happier now, and hope it keeps it up.)
if our phone has NFC, turn that on and your phone acts as a key card would. This might wake things up after tapping phone to the b-pillar to enable it as a BT key for walk away lock as well. This could be better if you phone is more accessible than a key card in a wallet :)

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
All my windows closed automatically when my car locked itself.

How long has this been a thing? I don't remember seeing this in any release notes.

Reactions: DocScott and GDN

FRC

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
All my windows closed automatically when my car locked itself.

How long has this been a thing? I don't remember seeing this in any release notes.
I feel like this started almost a year ago. But I have no idea which update started it.

• Agree
Reactions: GDN

FRC

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just downloaded 4.12.2 and burned up 9% of range from 31% to 22%. I can't say this energy burn has never happened before, but this is the first time I've noticed it.

• Informative
Reactions: GDN and Mike

JWardell

TOO Master Member
TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
As we move into mid April, I was thinking that we haven’t really seen any real updates of any significance for over THREE months since the three fires (not) holiday release at the end of December 2020. Sure, we’ve had additional updates to that build .48 but nothing really of any real interest. I really hope that they not only release something fairly soon, but this history of over promise and under deliver needs to move to ACTUALLY deliver or under promise and OVER deliver at some point.

Agreed! 2020.40 and 2021.4 are barely different and both the longest running versions ever. Tesla CLEARLY doesn't want us to see what's hiding in the next build!

Reactions: GDN

JustTheTip

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
All joking aside. I remember seeing in https://www.notateslaapp.com/softwa...tesla-will-allow-you-to-download-the-fsd-beta
where Elon 'confirmed' the FSD Beta Button rollout would be the following month. It didn't mention when that comment was. If last month, then April would be the target. If it was early April, then May is the target.
Does anyone else have a heartbeat on this?

It’s best to just ignore what Elon says in terms of promises. He’s full of...

About us

• Tesla Owners Online © 2015-2021. All rights reserved.
    Tesla Owners Online (TOO) is an enthusiast forum and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or Official Tesla Owners Clubs.
    All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.