Current Software Build v10.2 2021.24.* (latest 2021.24.12)

Have you installed a version of 2021.24?

• Total voters

Bigriver

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Ludicrous Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
Anyone else getting slow acceleration in TACC or EAP? I thought they improved that a few releases ago, but I’m back to having to hit accelerator every time again
The slow acceleration drives me crazy. To start from a stop light and have the 1975 Ford Focus (or any rag-tag old or newer car) in front of me pull away, while I’m going 20 mph with max speed set to 50 mph in a 45 mph zone and a follow distance of 1…. 😡 I’ve meant to video it so I can later objectively quantify how sluggish the acceleration really is. Same thing when I start from a stop sign on a country road, car behind me easily catches up if I leave AP to do it on its own. I’m not a jack rabbit start driver, so when I call it sluggish, it really is. Like @Klaus-rf I have the sense that this had been better for a brief time quite awhile ago, but I haven’t noticed it being any worse with new releases (I’m on 2021.24.10). It really can’t get any worse in my opinion.

On another note, one thing that I noticed today is the reformatting of my favorite contacts from a nice list to a tile format. Ugh, ugh, ugh.

Reactions: Ksb466

Mike

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Downloaded 24.5 yesterday, drove 2.5 freeway hours today (thru Toronto).

Trunk lights still don’t work when the car is asleep and the trunk lid is opened manually.

Underpasses that are dark with shadow such that as one approaches it one doesn’t see daylight from the other side due to elevation changes induce “phantom braking“ akin to how it drove three years ago.

Speaking of three years ago, this old bug came back today:

9E075B49-4982-4D51-B970-7CA8F853C91C.jpeg

Last time this happened three years ago, a mobile repair chap had to come to the house and reload the map data.

I did the “bug report that’s really a time stamp” thing, texted my mobile repair guy the time and the above photo and he said he would reload my map data remotely tomorrow morning (he didn’t have his work laptop with him at home or he would have done it tonight).

Other items: I used to drive thru Toronto with “7” as the follow distance for TACC and it quickly became apparent that I had to reset that to “1”.

NOA is once again very slow to actually execute timely lane changes…and I took over several times to make a lane change while the display showed the red ”someone in your blind spot” lines on the UI; traffic was present but the software seemed to want about five car lengths clearance before it felt okay to lane change.

Kernal7

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thank you. This is exactly what happened. I let the car sleep overnight and the option NOA option was available again in the morning.
Well, more developments. When I checked the car this morning, NOA and Traffic Light controls where available again. I enabled both. I took the car for a 25 min drive on the highway this afternoon and used NOA. No issues. I parked at a shopping center for ~1hr. When I came back to the car, NOA and Traffic light controls are now unavailable again. Tried another 2x full reboots and no changes. I got back home and started checking the DNS usage on my home network. The car started, almost immediately, contacting Tesla.com via a few (~5?) different DNS entries right away. I am curious to see if it has similar entries to last night when it contacted "errlog.tesla.com", "ownership.tesla.com" and "owner-api.teslamotors.com".

Last edited:

fazluke

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y
Just downloaded 24.11 and noticed interesting changes to navigation but it is only for China 😠

Alighieri256

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Anyone else notice that on 24.10, the charge port door won't open when tapped anymore? Getting annoyed having to go through the app all the time.

bwilson4web

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Anyone else notice that on 24.10, the charge port door won't open when tapped anymore? Getting annoyed having to go through the app all the time.
A couple of updates ago, I would park the car and open the charge port. But if I closed the door the charge port would close in about 20-30 seconds and the 'tap' would not open it. I would have to use the App or go back into the cabin and leave the door open. However, opening the trunk and charge port would both work and defeat the timed, port close.

Bob Wilson

tivoboy

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Seems to work fine for me, I’m moving up to 24.11 today though, we’ll see.

I will say, I DID have the chargeport on our june 2018 M3 LR changed about three months ago since it wasn’t working properly at all.

mmonnin

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I install 24.5 over the weekend and drove after for the 1st time this morning to work. After work I got in and I had 576 sentry mode recordings. 1 for every minute of work. I usually get like 3-15. Has anyone else seen sentry mode go bezerk?

• Informative
Reactions: garsh

JeanDeBarraux

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I install 24.5 over the weekend and drove after for the 1st time this morning to work. After work I got in and I had 576 sentry mode recordings. 1 for every minute of work. I usually get like 3-15. Has anyone else seen sentry mode go bezerk?
Yes, it has happened once to in me last month. I think it was shortly after I had upgraded to 24.4. It only happened once. I upgraded to 24.5 one week later and and still no re-occurence.

Last edited:

mmonnin

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hopefully just once. It'll take some time just to delete 576 videos from the car.

No sooner had I updated to 24.5 did I get a push notification 20.11 was available. Same release notes. So I did that last night.

garsh

🐦🦆🦅🐧 🐓🦃🦉🦢🦜
Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hopefully just once. It'll take some time just to delete 576 videos from the car.
I suggest you either:
  • Reformat the drive. I believe you can do this from within the car now.
  • Remove the drive, plug it into a computer, and delete all the files/folders with one click.

SalisburySam

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
60-mile trip each way yesterday, predominantly Interstate highway. First drive on 24.11. Six phantom braking events on outbound trip, two on return. Hate it, hate it, hate it. And none of that was with anything beyond TACC...no FSD features used at all. Great car, horrible cruise control. Finally gave in and logged a service appointment. If they have access to the bug report logging, they'll have a lengthy history. So sorry I opted for EAP/FSD.

Reactions: Mike

Mike

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
60-mile trip each way yesterday, predominantly Interstate highway. First drive on 24.11. Six phantom braking events on outbound trip, two on return. Hate it, hate it, hate it. And none of that was with anything beyond TACC...no FSD features used at all. Great car, horrible cruise control. Finally gave in and logged a service appointment. If they have access to the bug report logging, they'll have a lengthy history. So sorry I opted for EAP/FSD.
To this day I still wish for a “dumb cruise control“ option, with the attendant “I accept“ button for all liabilities.

slacker775

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have driven thousands of miles with dumb CC and on every drive there wasn’t a time that I didn’t wish the car had a smarter system. I will take TACC, EAP, FSD any day, even with the current warts.
I've had old-school cruise control on any number of cars going back 30 something years and it's never been worth the effort to even try to use it. Perhaps I just live in more populated areas where you come up against speed differentials with every single vehicle on the road. TACC/AP/EAP features have been great for me, even on busier highways. I've had a few phantom brake events in the 3+ years, perhaps I might need two hands to count how many times. I couldn't possibly buy a vehicle these days that didn't have TACC at a minimum.

rrollens

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
You guys let me know when this Autopilot/FSD is ready for prime time. It's been three years since I took delivery of my Performance Model 3 and the story remains the same. I do have respect for the brave souls who are willing to barf up their meals from phantom braking and risk accidents with a very unreliable and quirky system. I'll be reading and watching and hopefully 🤞someday be able to start using autopilot/FSD with confidence and pleasure.

Derik

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
To this day I still wish for a “dumb cruise control“ option, with the attendant “I accept“ button for all liabilities.
You could always find some of the earlier model 3s out there where the owners decided they didn't want to spend the 5k on EAP. They only have dumb cruise control.
Honestly I don't see owning a tesla without AP. I've driven over 50k with mine and it's hard to imagine going back, even with the phantom braking etc I've experienced.

• Agree
Reactions: DocScott

msjulie

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Honestly I don't see owning a tesla without AP. I've driven over 50k with mine and it's hard to imagine going back, even with the phantom braking etc I've experienced.

I always find this viewpoint interesting; owning a quick EV that handles pretty good even with it's weight, and has a superior charging network are the keys for me. I (yes still) wish it had Apple Car play though today for the first time I got Waze-like traffic rerouting natively but music playing, hands-free messaging etc still seems quite 2nd rate to me compared to Car Play or even just talking to the dang phone.

I do look forward to the day when the car really and truly safely can drive long distances while I watch a movie or something, for the times I don't want to drive myself. We'll see...

Reactions: garsh

Mike

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
You could always find some of the earlier model 3s out there where the owners decided they didn't want to spend the 5k on EAP. They only have dumb cruise control.
Its all different strokes for different folks.

That is why I’d like the option for dumb cruise control, which suited me just fine over four decades of driving all over North America and Western Europe.

When I can use Autopilot on a two lane highway and it passes the Turing test, then by all means I’m in.

But for passenger comfort and enhanced safety regarding oncoming traffic on said two lane highways, I’m doing the steering as it is and I’m doing the anticipatory up-tap disengagement because I’m smoother and more efficient than the current state of development.

Edit: spelling