Software Build v10.2 2020.48 (latest 2020.48.37.1)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Have you installed a version of 2020.48?

• 2020.48.10.1 (FSD Beta)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 2020.48.12.15 (FSD Beta)

• 2020.48.25 (🔥🎅🔥)

• 2020.48.26.1 (FSD Beta)

• 2020.48.35.1 (FSD Beta)

• 2020.48.35.7 (FSD Beta)

• Total voters

Garlan Garner

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Elon's schedule, March 3rd 2021

5am - 6am: exercise
6am - 9am: Tesla Automotive
9am -noon: SpaceX
noon - 1pm: lunch
1pm - 2pm: Starlink
2pm - 5pm: Tesla Energy
5pm - 6pm: Germany Gigafactory
6pm - 7pm: Texas Gigafactory
7pm - 8pm: dinner
8pm - 9pm: tweets, trolling
9pm - : family time

You know.....

I almost cried at both of his Rogan interviews. Seriously.

I really think he meant the statements " I can't turn it off....and.....I wouldn't wish it on anyone to be like me". Each time he made one of those statements - he zoned out and mentally left the interview with a sense of pain in his voice and then Rogan had to bring him back in.

That guy is is hurting and his success is pushing further down into the hole. I don't know how he holds it together.

You don't even have to be a therapist to see it.

Maybe the schedule you posted allows him to hide each day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike

DocScott

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I don't mean this in a political way, but when people were comparing Elon to Tony Stark I kept saying he was a closer match to Hank Rearden.

I stand by that.

ateslik

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Been dry for a while now, with just bug fixes. It feels like Elon said, "get the damn FSD finished, or don't release anything!". If it isn't "working", some poor developer is crying over his keyboard while the stock starts to crater around them. Either that or they finally cracked it and are preparing the robotaxi service and working through regulatory issues before release to the public. Or mabye things just slowed down finally.

No way to know. Kind of frustrating going from regular updates to a long spell of unspecified bug fixes. There's a long list of bug fixes and minor features they could do to buy time instead of all this silence. The usb art one seems to be a low hanging fan favorite around here.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
We're now down to 16.1% of the fleet on a version of 2020.48.
According to TeslaFi, 46.5% of the fleet is still on a version of 2020.48.
This is still very much a "current" version of software.

I know some people are worried that they haven't been updated to 2021.4 yet, but don't be.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Sorry if I wasn't clear: I do not need to leave my finger on the screen before the swipe. But when the display was first updated, my first few attempts were just spinning the car around. Eventually I started swiping left at a slightly different location on the screen, and it would work. I can't remember how I had to adjust - I started swiping higher or lower than I used to, but I can't remember which right now. I'll try to remember to play with it a little and see if I can describe it the next time I take a drive.
If you put your finger too far to the left or right to swipe, it will just spin the car display. You need to start swiping inward more, where the tire pressure/odometer cards are actually displayed. Then it works as expected.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ssc8666

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
swiping, and swiping just the right way and in just the spot is a learned skill. when I got my iPhone without a home button I had to learn a new set of swipes to go home, display running apps, where the control panel lived and so on. it's not a life or death situation and definately a first world problem.

Same thing a couple/few months back with the center display change up - getting the wiper control is near impossible for me (i just tap the wiper wand to display it) and to be honest I have never had great luck in swiping the trip or the TPMS pages on the center page - even less now. but again, not life or death.

now consider the "swipe to change gears/direction" that the wandless model S revamp seems to use. now consider that shifting from reverse to drive or drive to reverse can definitely be life or death.

colour me concerned.

Last edited:

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
For about a week, I would instinctively just tap where the home button used to be expecting the button to still be there! haha
haha indeed! i had to go back to my iphone 8 for some contacts and spent most of the time closing the control centre as I tried to swipe instead of using the home button.

• Funny
Reactions: iChris93

PaulK

Country
Country
haha indeed! i had to go back to my iphone 8 for some contacts and spent most of the time closing the control centre as I tried to swipe instead of using the home button.
Oh yes just like when I run the wipers in my Honda when I want to put it in drive - and I fear one day when I want to stop it I’ll just take my foot off the gas and WHOOPS :oops:

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
more than once i have to remind my self that the Volvo (hybrid with regen braking) will not stop at either the red-light or the stop sign even thguh the regen slows down the car when foot comes off the pedal. even stronger reminders when i'm in CC aproaching a red-light or a stop sign.

The tesla spoils me.