Software Build v10.2 2020.48 (latest 2020.48.37.1)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Jeda - Tesla Tech Accessories

Have you installed a version of 2020.48?

• 2020.48.10.1 (FSD Beta)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 2020.48.12.15 (FSD Beta)

• 2020.48.25 (🔥🎅🔥)

• 2020.48.26.1 (FSD Beta)

• 2020.48.35.1 (FSD Beta)

• 2020.48.35.7 (FSD Beta)

• Total voters

serpico007

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
I haven't received an update in awhile now. Any news on part two of the xmas update or should we consider that over and done? V11 hopefully soon since new Model S cars are delivering soon.

Reactions: Fuddinator and GDN

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor
Ludicrous Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
One of the minor fixes needs to be the release notes. This is what it looked like. I’ve been rebooted and now the release note hyper link does not work

A7FB6F6E-BB47-45A4-9512-2730D0EEDF06.jpeg

Reactions: porkupan

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
One of the minor fixes needs to be the release notes. This is what it looked like. I’ve been rebooted and now the release note hyper link does not work

That's just the picture that accompanies a "Minor Fixes" entry.
Click on the 2020.48.25 entry below that to see how the new release note system is supposed to work.

• Agree
Reactions: Rick Steinwand

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor
Ludicrous Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
That's just the picture that accompanies a "Minor Fixes" entry.
Click on the 2020.48.25 entry below that to see how the new release note system is supposed to work.
Not much better. It does work normally below release notes

91D53319-B906-436A-9F6E-B77251C4C90F.jpeg

524616A9-AD0B-4D6A-B4C4-CF14A7225254.jpeg

motocoder

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So what happened to the other half of the holiday update? The comments from Elon Musk indicated that they pulled half of the update due to a last-minute bug that pulled the team's attentions away. But now it's mid-February, and nothing really new has come out (just bug fixes).

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So what happened to the other half of the holiday update? The comments from Elon Musk indicated that they pulled half of the update due to a last-minute bug that pulled the team's attentions away. But now it's mid-February, and nothing really new has come out (just bug fixes).
There will be another holiday right? lol - truly don't know, but they aren't having the best of luck getting some solid SW out the door lately. I just hope that means they have most focused on FSD and making some solid SW for a change.

motocoder

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
There will be another holiday right? lol - truly don't know, but they aren't having the best of luck getting some solid SW out the door lately. I just hope that means they have most focused on FSD and making some solid SW for a change.

I actually laughed out loud at this one. It's like that "FSD by end of year" promise that just rolls over every year. I am not complaining - just curious what happened.

• Funny
Reactions: Kizzy and GDN

ibgeek

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
The next big update will include FSD (public beta). You may have noticed that there haven't been any new builds of the FSD beta being made public. There is something brewing behind the scenes from what I'm being told.
The timeline as I hear it from my contacts is mid to late March. But safety is more important than catering to impatience, so if it needs to take longer it will.

evannole

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I’m happily still on 2020.48.12.1. ❤️
Same. After seeing and not liking the new interface, I was perfectly happy to sit tight.

Interestingly, after 2 months of my declining the update, neither the car nor the app offers to install it anymore, and the yellow clock icon is gone from the car's screen. So at this very moment, it appears that I couldn't get the update even if I wanted it.

Long Ranger

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Same. After seeing and not liking the new interface, I was perfectly happy to sit tight.

Interestingly, after 2 months of my declining the update, neither the car nor the app offers to install it anymore, and the yellow clock icon is gone from the car's screen. So at this very moment, it appears that I couldn't get the update even if I wanted it.
Same here. It was prompting me every day the past two months to install whatever update it had last downloaded, and then I noticed today that neither the app nor car show any update waiting. Maybe they just pulled that particular update (I had 2021.4.3 waiting, I believe). I don't think it's a timeout on how long you have to install an update after downloading it, since I've gone longer between downloads than this last interval, but who knows.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
According to TeslaFi, 46.5% of the fleet is still on a version of 2020.48.
This is still very much a "current" version of software.

I know some people are worried that they haven't been updated to 2021.4 yet, but don't be.

Note that these versions of software are FAR from being "old".
According to TeslaFi, 49.2% of the fleet is still on a version of 2020.48.

slacker775

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I seemed to be stuck on 2020.48.35.9 but then I rebooted the MCU and later that day, I was getting promoted to bump up to 2021.4.10.1. Ymmv

Garlan Garner

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

Maybe there were just too many complaints about the front half of the holiday update.

Elon isn't a robot - He does have a heart

Reactions: motocoder

francoisp

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y
Maybe there were just too many complaints about the front half of the holiday update.

Elon isn't a robot - He does have a heart
Elon's schedule, March 3rd 2021

5am - 6am: exercise
6am - 9am: Tesla Automotive
9am -noon: SpaceX
noon - 1pm: lunch
1pm - 2pm: Starlink
2pm - 5pm: Tesla Energy
5pm - 6pm: Germany Gigafactory
6pm - 7pm: Texas Gigafactory
7pm - 8pm: dinner
8pm - 9pm: tweets, trolling