Software Build v10.2 2020.48 (latest 2020.48.37.1)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Jeda - Tesla Tech Accessories

Have you installed a version of 2020.48?

• 2020.48.10.1 (FSD Beta)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 2020.48.12.15 (FSD Beta)

• 2020.48.25 (🔥🎅🔥)

• 2020.48.26.1 (FSD Beta)

• 2020.48.35.1 (FSD Beta)

• 2020.48.35.7 (FSD Beta)

• Total voters

Garlan Garner

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Alternatively, your upgrade to HW3 was accompanied by some kind of "deep" recalibration which fixed your ping-ponging issues.

Since some people on HW2.5 experienced little ping-ponging, some moderate ping-ponging, and some a severe version, the issue probably wasn't just coding.

I never experienced ping-ponging. Neither on 2.5 nor 3.

I updated to 3 as soon as it came out.

Reactions: Phillyasian

vnvjeep

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Welp, just went from 2020.48.35.8 to 2020.48.35.9 this morning. Nothing new. Each time I get an update, my heart skips a beat for a possible FSD rollout.

Reactions: Ksb466

RickO2018

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Oh dear lord, had this car 19months now and having not driven much this month (UK lockdown), so I have not tried the last few updates much. Went out earlier and tried to check the tyre pressures as I normally do by swiping left at bottom right. Turns out they have tweaked it so you have to press, hold for 50ms then swipe. FFS, I spun that screen around 100 times before I tried that. I hate the digital age for things like that. So used to it picking up my movement instant.
So before anyone points out the obvious, I'm talking very specifically the amount of time you put your finger on the screen and then actually swipe. Seems like a small detail but when you are used to checking tyres every day (bike rider), I'm used to simply swiping at the bottom right, but now you have to pause ever so slightly before swiping.
Is this the software causing delays, like any tech in the digital age (see other rants), could it be the software showing signs of slowing down due to the amount of detail they have added in recent updates or did someone at tesla think it a good idea to get people like me to spin the car around for absolutely no reason apart from fun.
Is it just me?
Definitely more touchy. I find using the voice command “check tire pressure” much easier.

Reactions: ibgeek

styleruk

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Definitely more touchy. I find using the voice command “check tire pressure” much easier.
I'm finding the voice command very much like any other car I've had with voice command...crap. Maybe it's a UK thing, I don't know, but it gets it wrong 50% of the time. The amount of times I've said 'report bug' and it's tried to navigate me to somewhere in America, not funny any more. If I said 'check tyre pressure', not sure what I'd get.

FRC

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm finding the voice command very much like any other car I've had with voice command...crap. Maybe it's a UK thing, I don't know, but it gets it wrong 50% of the time. The amount of times I've said 'report bug' and it's tried to navigate me to somewhere in America, not funny any more. If I said 'check tyre pressure', not sure what I'd get.
Just make sure you say "tire" with an i.

skygraff

re member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

So true!

I have what would be called a standard US accent (Midwest, television inflection) and it constantly mishears me. Why would I want it to “hold” the mirrors and why does that result in an HVAC change?

I’ll definitely try “cheque tyre pressures” next time instead of “display tire pressures” since the system thinks I want it to “play” a song about tire pressures. Was that a Bowie hit?

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
the ones that consistently bug me are when the command is heard correctly but incorrectly executed. for example - working from memory here - when i say "raise seat temperature" the screen spells out "raise seat temperature" but then the command response is "lowering seat temperature". the specific commands are not as important as the doing the opposite of what was correctly heard.

the new one is that my "drive home" or "take me home." commands no longer work. sometimes they get me a phone call to home depot from my contacts... sometimes they get me nothing. I now have to say "navigate home" to get what I want.

pity, as "take me home" worked on both Volvo and Tesla. is there any movement toward a standard for car voice command sets?

Gordon87

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm on 2020.48.35.5 and have noticed an odd change. Before, when I would select the OPEN button for the trunk, the trunk would pop open (just moving up slightly) and the icon's trunk on the screen would open high, signifying that the trunk is open. Now, when I select the OPEN button for the trunk, the trunk still pops open as before, but the icon's trunk jump all the way up and then drops all the way down. It doesn't just drop to being slightly open, like the actual trunk lid. It looks like the trunk lid (on the icon) has fully opened up and then closed again.

The first time it happened, I didn't know if the car was trying to tell me that the trunk lid itself did not actually unlatch (although I heard it unlatch). Now I know that the trunk lid has unlatched like before.

Seems to be an odd graphic to install in the software. If it's a feature and not a glitch, I am confused as to what this new "feature" is trying to tell me.

• Informative
Reactions: Mike

SR22pilot

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
the ones that consistently bug me are when the command is heard correctly but incorrectly executed. for example - working from memory here - when i say "raise seat temperature" the screen spells out "raise seat temperature" but then the command response is "lowering seat temperature". the specific commands are not as important as the doing the opposite of what was correctly heard.

the new one is that my "drive home" or "take me home." commands no longer work. sometimes they get me a phone call to home depot from my contacts... sometimes they get me nothing. I now have to say "navigate home" to get what I want.

pity, as "take me home" worked on both Volvo and Tesla. is there any movement toward a standard for car voice command sets?
Try drive to Home Depot. That shows correctly but executes as drive home. Go figure.

• Funny
Reactions: Mike and francoisp

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Apparently, animals will soon appear on the display!

I see the opportunity for a SIGNIFICANT amount of Easter eggs with this one.
I won’t be surprised if I could walk in front of the car in a Wookiee costume and have it properly displayed.

I DO think the quadrapedie is several animals walking in a row seen from the side. We saw this with a tall pedestrian and a child’s second set of feet/legs behind it from view to the side. So I think this is a similar application of that visual analysis.

Last edited:
Reactions: M3OC Rules

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Another difference, at that time, was that the NoA code for HW 2.5 was broken and didn’t force moving out of the passing lane. Same version on HW 3.0 and it would move out of the passing lane. Things may have changed in the last year.
This was rectified for 2.5 hardware. My car now prompts to move out of the passing lane again.

Alternatively, your upgrade to HW3 was accompanied by some kind of "deep" recalibration which fixed your ping-ponging issues.

Since some people on HW2.5 experienced little ping-ponging, some moderate ping-ponging, and some a severe version, the issue probably wasn't just coding.
My HE 2.5 car had the ping ponging. A subsequent software update fixed this.
I see the opportunity for a SIGNIFICANT amount of Easter eggs with this one.
I won’t be surprised if I could walk in front of the car in a Wookiee costume and have it properly displayed.

I DO think the quadrapedie is several animals walking in a row seen from the side. We saw this with a tall pedestrian and a child’s second set of feet/legs behind it from view to the side. So I think this is a similar application of that visual analysis.
I assume this is just a set of animations all stacked together.

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Try drive to Home Depot. That shows correctly but executes as drive home. Go figure.
Funny, i just ran into this bug this week. I tried “drive TO Home Depot” navigate to THE HOME DEPOT”. Find, HOME DEPOT, HIM DEPOT, HOME DEPOT IN XYZ city, none of them worked, car just kept routing a u-turn back home.

• Funny
Reactions: Mike and garsh

Garlan Garner

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Funny, i just ran into this bug this week. I tried “drive TO Home Depot” navigate to THE HOME DEPOT”. Find, HOME DEPOT, HIM DEPOT, HOME DEPOT IN XYZ city, none of them worked, car just kept routing a u-turn back home.

maybe it doesn't know what a depot is.

....or maybe it does.

Does it think you are saying Home Home?

francoisp

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y
Try with a French accent, it works for me.

PXL_20210210_130655403.jpg

sduck

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Continuing with this kind of off-topic vein, I tried a couple of things - "go to home depot", and "drive to home depot" both transcribed correctly on the screen but actually navigated to my home location; but if I said "navigate to home depot" it worked correctly every time - popped up the choices of the various home depots in the area. I guess the moral of this story is - when in doubt, use the original lexicon the car supported originally. Same thing with "report bug" and "bug report" - the latter always works, the former, not so much.