Software Build v10.2 2020.4.1 4a4ad401858 (2020-01-27)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Did you install 2020.4.1?

• Total voters

JWardell

TOO Master Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is this new? I have never seen it say, specifically that its updating Autopilot....

also said it was updating the Electronic Control Unit —with a lot of bangs, thuds, whines and whirls...
Not new, detailed update progress came with v10, but it was very dark and not noticeable so maybe they made it more obvious now.

Rick Steinwand

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is anyone getting 2020.4.1 who didn't purchase HW3, regardless of install status? Guess I'm just not used to being in the first 10%. :)
I'm not sure what you're asking.

I don't have HW3, but purchased FSD last fall and it's installing right now.

Full disclosure: Anticipating that an update was imminent, I checked for updates when I left for work, when I got to work (10 minutes later), when I left work and when I got home. If our detached garage wasn't 40 feet away and 3 stories down, I probably would have checked a few more times.

EDIT: I think I understand your question now. Did anyone who didn't pay for FSD get this update...

WonkoTheSane

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm not sure what you're asking.

I don't have HW3, but purchased FSD last fall and it's installing right now.

Full disclosure: Anticipating that an update was imminent, I checked for updates when I left for work, when I got to work (10 minutes later), when I left work and when I got home. If our detached garage wasn't 40 feet away and 3 stories down, I probably would have checked a few more times.

EDIT: I think I understand your question now. Did anyone who didn't pay for FSD get this update...
Yes, that's my question. My nephew (no FSD) hasn't gotten it, but it is early in the process. He is on the early access/beta program though so that is another factor.

Rick Steinwand

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This is really starting to pick up now.

1580258451961-png.32014

I generally get updates when the poll shows about 50% of pollsters having it. Occasionally I'm earlier than that.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Poll added. Just installed on a 2018 LR RWD HW 2.5, FSD purchased. Waiting on the AWD, maybe tonight, maybe not. Time to go check the screen and reboot. :cool: