Software Build v10.2 2019.40.50.7 ad132c7bO57e (12/31/2019)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• A statement from the Founder of Tesla Owners Online:

TOO is, and remains, strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we see no place for hatred and discrimination in our communities.

Did you install 2019.40.50.7?

• Total voters

victor

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
With this update I was able to program Homelink to operate my Sommer Direct Drive 310mhz. Yay!!!
Sometime it misses a command and you have to press a button again, but overall I'm a happy camper now. :cool:

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I learned something new today via my communication with my mobile guy: ".....you can hold the settings icon at the bottom left corner of the screen which does the same (bug report) function....."

I tried that (in the garage) and sure enough an icon came up and said a bug report has been made.
Someone else mentioned this a few weeks ago, maybe @garsh ?

NR4P

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
People with .7 are you all on hw3?
Nope, still on 2.5

But today I drove by two bicyclists. TACC was set to 25mph, bikers were off to the right. Car slowed down to a crawl as it approached bikers who were in the bike lane. So I had to step on accelerator. But for first time I noticed bicyclists on the touchscreen. Never saw that before. And have had the car 18 mos. New even for 2.5 or did I miss all the visualizations for over a year?

Nautilus

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Upgraded from 50.5 till 50.7 earlier today. With 50.5, voice commands worked great in my driveway where I was connected to Wifi, but not away from home where I was on LTE. With 50.7, voice commands now work on LTE.

I never tried voice commands on 50.1 since I went straight from 40.2.1 to 40.50.5 (opted not to update to 40.50.1 while away on vacation and then 50.5 came along). I'm on HW 2.5. Car details in signature block.

Green Light Support. Reminds me of the time when I was a teenager driving with a friend who had just received his driver's license. He drove through an intersection quite safely and legally and I screamed at him that he had "just run a green light!!!!!" It took a full minute for him to calm down and realize he'd done nothing wrong.
Him: "I did?"
Me: "YES, you did! Didn't you see it??!!"
Him: "Sh*t, I need to pay closer attention!"
Me (now laughing): "Yes, you do! "
Him: "Hey, wait a minute, did you say green?......."

Klaus-rf

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Nope, still on 2.5

But today I drove by two bicyclists. TACC was set to 25mph, bikers were off to the right. Car slowed down to a crawl as it approached bikers who were in the bike lane. So I had to step on accelerator. But for first time I noticed bicyclists on the touchscreen. Never saw that before. And have had the car 18 mos. New even for 2.5 or did I miss all the visualizations for over a year?
Have seen bicycle graphics - intermittently - for at least 9 months now. HW 2.5.

ibgeek

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Tesla delivered a lot! Lots more then any other company has. I love NOA, fear how good Smart Summon is one day and how frightening its the next. City driving was promised by Years end, and some small part of it was delivered. I can engage my Auto pilot in the city down to Zero miles! Ill take it. It’s just not the FSD sneak pick that I was hoping for, including cross country FSD trip. I think the safety level that's needed for city driving will need massive amount of training and all cars running on HW3. We may get a more capable FSD preview when the car does actually take some control under human supervision this year.
Elon actually stated at the Q3 call that the car would likely be capable of supervised FSD (provided it has HW3) by the end of the year but only released to a very limited few for testing. I believe that this has taken place.
Keep in mind that even when city driving is released to the public, it will require substantial supervision at first much like Autopilot did. FSD Computers will be getting updated starting in Q1. By the time that most of those upgrades are done we should start to see some FSD functionality going out to the masses. This will be discussed in detail during the Q4 call.

Zek

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Elon actually stated at the Q3 call that the car would likely be capable of supervised FSD (provided it has HW3) by the end of the year but only released to a very limited few for testing. I believe that this has taken place.
Keep in mind that even when city driving is released to the public, it will require substantial supervision at first much like Autopilot did. FSD Computers will be getting updated starting in Q1. By the time that most of those upgrades are done we should star
Keep in mind that even when city driving is released to the public, it will require substantial supervision at first much like Autopilot did. FSD Computers will be getting updated starting in Q1. By the time that most of those upgrades are done we should start to see some FSD functionality going out to the masses. This will be discussed in detail during the Q4 call.
Thank you Sir! Your commentary is always right on. I would love to hear a very positive Q4 call with more details of the FSD roll out to a small select group of testers in 2019. That btw is a monumental achievement by tesla and is light years ahead. I am ok with tesla testing City Driving for far longer then Smart Summon, the risks are much higher with city driving and the edge cases are harder.

Would love to also know if we can upgrade to hw4 in two years?

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
I share everyone's enthusiasm in meeting the FSD future ASAP, but we have IMO regressed from V9.x.

Overcompensating ping-ponging, too willing to de-couple if the sun is low in the sky or water splashes on a camera, a software cheat (IMO) to always get into a left lane prior to approaching any interchange instead of only doing so if there is traffic ahead.....even voice commands that are less than 20% reliable (these should NOT need connectivity to work).

Nautilus

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Sorry, I'm probably being thick, but... which screen is this?
The settings icon is the little 'car' icon in the lower left corner of your main screen, accessible from any screen view, I believe.

Having read @Mike 's post, I tried it, and received a message "Thank you for your feedback" or words to that effect. Problem is, I'm not quite sure what feedback I provided. I was expecting some sort of pop-up screen with a prompt to provide feedback. I'm thinking it may have just uploaded an auto-snapshot of all the car's conditions at the time I long-pressed the icon. There wasn't any opportunity for me to record a message.

slacker775

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I share everyone's enthusiasm in meeting the FSD future ASAP, but we have IMO regressed from V9.x.

Overcompensating ping-ponging, too willing to de-couple if the sun is low in the sky or water splashes on a camera, a software cheat (IMO) to always get into a left lane prior to approaching any interchange instead of only doing so if there is traffic ahead.....even voice commands that are less than 20% reliable (these should NOT need connectivity to work).
Auto-pilot seems to be working the same as it ever was for me. I did have a few occassions recently where the sun-rise hitting the side camera gave me on-screen message about reduced ability (I think it was just about NoA) due to visibility, but as indicated by others, that's a seasonal kind of thing when all of those variables line up. Was only over a portion of my journey so really not a big deal. I've found the car has gotten much better with the whole wide merge-lane stuff.

ibgeek

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Auto-pilot seems to be working the same as it ever was for me. I did have a few occasions recently where the sun-rise hitting the side camera gave me on-screen message about reduced ability (I think it was just about NoA) due to visibility, but as indicated by others, that's a seasonal kind of thing when all of those variables line up. Was only over a portion of my journey so really not a big deal. I've found the car has gotten much better with the whole wide merge-lane stuff.
I completely agree with Slacker775, Drove almost exclusively in NOA from SF to Vegas and back. Through snow in a part of my journey and it was rock solid the whole way.

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
I completely agree with Slacker775, Drove almost exclusively in NOA from SF to Vegas and back. Through snow in a part of my journey and it was rock solid the whole way.
Not at all for me. I’m still getting ping-ponging. And one specific example, when in NOA and it takes an exit off the freeway, the over-steer and resulting oscillation is quite un-nerving. I take over control. It has always taken exits pretty fast and immediate, but I believe it was in the 40* updates that the over-steer started for me, and it’s not changed. I will say, though, that my Model 3 ping-pong is not nearly as bad as my Model X.

M3OC Rules

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Not at all for me. I’m still getting ping-ponging. And one specific example, when in NOA and it takes an exit off the freeway, the over-steer and resulting oscillation is quite un-nerving. I take over control. It has always taken exits pretty fast and immediate, but I believe it was in the 40* updates that the over-steer started for me, and it’s not changed. I will say, though, that my Model 3 ping-pong is not nearly as bad as my Model X.
Dirty Tesla said 40.50.5 fixed it for him. Someone else said a full shutdown reboot fixed it on 40.50.1. I had issues on 40.50.1 which seem fixed on 40.50.5 but I haven't had enough time with it to be sure.