Software Build v10.2 2019.40.50.7 ad132c7bO57e (12/31/2019)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Did you install 2019.40.50.7?

• Total voters

evannole

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have found that any time I invoke any voice command (not just calling up the energy graph) when I have the odometer cards up, the odometer cards disappear and I am stuck with the nearly useless and now entirely redundant default card (rear camera, charging, voice commands and wipers "buttons"). I can now call all of those up with a voice command, which I can issue by pushing the button on the steering wheel, but even before that became possible, I almost never used any of the "buttons" on that card. But I do typically look at my current trip's card for duration and wH/mi every 10 minutes or so. So please, Tesla, allow me to keep that one as my default if I so choose! Sure, I can swipe back to it, but I shouldn't have to!

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
On the basis of an experience of a friend who lives near me, I finally upgraded to 40.50.7. I haven't driven far on this upgrade, so I haven't really gotten a chance to study whether, when, and how much it's ping-ponging.

Voice commands are absolutely worth it, but something like 20% of the time it doesn't record anything when I speak and I have to try again.

"Listen to CNN" does indeed plot navigation to Atlanta.
I'm adding this one under the "Not What I Said" category in the Voice Commands List!

StromTrooperM3

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
and I am stuck with the nearly useless and now entirely redundant default card (rear camera, charging, voice commands and wipers "buttons")
Some of us still use/prefer the on screen buttons though. Camera button takes one second to tap vs actually saying it then waiting for it to process, then not work and have to start all over again 😂

Hitting the button on the wiper stalk is the only way I activate that card so I'm fine with both that and the voice command button being removed though

What does constantly seeing the whm do for you? And if you check duration every 10 minutes it seems you know how long your duration is already lol

bwilson4web

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
In the past, enabling 'Climate' typically runs about 40 minutes and stops. But I'm seeing:
climate_010-jpg.31884

• 19:30-20:00 - arrival home, commanded 'Charge'. Since setting a departure time, the car no longer, default starts charging.
  • 20:00-20:40 - commanded first climate cycle
  • after 20:40 - climate cycles without being commanded
It is almost as if the car went in some sort of camper mode but I'm seeing a series of ~40 minute, climate cycles. The car ends one cycle which my EVSE interprets as end of charge cycle and then begins a new one.

Anyone else see this?

Each cycle costs ~$0.30 so the four, extra cycles costs ~$1.20.

Bob Wilson

Last edited:

evannole

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Some of us still use/prefer the on screen buttons though. Camera button takes one second to tap vs actually saying it then waiting for it to process, then not work and have to start all over again 😂

Hitting the button on the wiper stalk is the only way I activate that card so I'm fine with both that and the voice command button being removed though

What does constantly seeing the whm do for you? And if you check duration every 10 minutes it seems you know how long your duration is already lol
I never activate the camera while driving, so that's moot to me.

Like I said, I merely want the option to choose my own default card. If you like those on-screen buttons, then by all means, you should have the option to keep them.

StromTrooperM3

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I never activate the camera while driving, so that's moot to me.

Like I said, I merely want the option to choose my own default card. If you like those on-screen buttons, then by all means, you should have the option to keep them.
So far I think Dodge does it the best where you can drag and drop the icons you use the most to the "tray" I'd love to see that implemented in the future.

I don't use it while driving a lot but I find that when I'm in reverse I hit something and the camera screen closes. It should always be "on top" when in reverse. Check out the rear camera while driving on the highway it really helps with blindspots. I use it more than I thought

evannole

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yes, I do agree with that, though when I mistakenly close the camera while in reverse, I find that the easiest way to get it back is to quickly put the car in Park and then in Reverse again.

I have tried using the camera while moving forward but don't like all that motion on the screen and in my peripheral vision. With my mirrors adjusted properly, my blind spots are all but eliminated, and a quick shoulder check makes doubly sure.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country

I drive with the "today's trip" odometer up all the time.

Been doing that since driving hybrids in 2007.

I like keeping an eye on things...personal preference, makes my day...so I don't want it to disappear everytime I use a voice command or the wipers.

evannole

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I guess in a hybrid it's a self justification of how good you're being to the environment. Now that you have Full EV you're good lol

5k miles rotate the tires. That's about all you need to really keep track of
Nope, I still like to know how efficiently I am driving. I don't obsess about it, but it's useful information all the same. And I like to be able, at a glance, to see how long it's taking me to get to Publix from my house, or to confirm that, "Hey, is seems like this commute is going faster than usual."

John

Tech Founder
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Not sure it's worth a thread, but twice now the volume scroller has stopped working.
Rebooting MCU no help.
Oddly, the thing that fixed it both times was a quick simultaneous click of both scrollers.

bwilson4web

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
My first cool weather, -40 F (~3 C), long distance drive over the same route confirmed the “split the difference” left and right lane markers is sensibly weighted. Last May in Mississippi, a few intersections would lead the car toward the far ditch/curb on the passenger side unless you snatched the wheel. This time, it seemed much improved giving greater weight to the driver side lane line.

I also verified there is no practical L2 ‘short cut’ versus a Supercharge triangle. We lost ~3-4 hours trying to cut through Cornith MS using an L2 charger instead a side excursion to the Tupelo MS Supercharger.

Last May, the direct Huntsville to Memphis segment was close but worked. In colder weather, take Superchargers every hop. They are over an order of magnitude faster especially with the new, 170 kW, peak charging charging rate.

Bob Wilson

ps. Last May, I visited Beau, my best (only?) friend in high school. He’d been diagnosed with brain cancer like the kind that took Senators Kennedy and McCain. After the initial treatments had subsided and in coordination, we visited in Spring of last year.

The cancer returned and after experimental treatments, they went to home hospice, I wrote a short eulogy and shared it with friends and family. Four weeks later, Beau went home to Jesus.

I’m here for a celebration of Beaus life, a party to enjoy what others and we knew of him. Hence the winter road trip on the same route as last Spring.

Last edited:

tencate

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
especially with the new, 170 kW, peak charging charging rate.
Just checking, I've only ever gotten about 140 kW peak from a standard supercharger, which gives me around 600 miles per charging hour at the low end of the batteries' SOC. Are there places where it's 170 kW (besides V3 chargers of course)?
BTW, my condolences for losing your friend Beau. My first long road trip in Max was to Texas (in Winter) to attend a friend's funeral.

bwilson4web

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I’ve seen the same 148 kW peak rate at a 150 kW charger. I understand the newest Nashville chargers are 250 kW but I’ll wait for my 1st year checkout. The charging socket has gotten ‘sticky’.

I am thinking about a small spray can of WD-40.

Bob Wilson

motocoder

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Another "solution" is to open and close the trunk. That wakes the car up and it will then see the button on the charge handle being pressed.
The car hadn’t gone to sleep yet. The mirrors weren’t folded, and I had just a few seconds prior gotten out of the car after parking.

Ksb466

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Is there a trick to keeping the auto highbeams setting on and saved in your profile settings?For me it only retains about a third of the time when I get in the car next. Seems random. Saving profile doesn’t seem to help. And I swear I’m not inadvertently turning it off on the stalk.

JWardell

TOO Master Member
TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I experienced a bug today when I pressed the button to read an incoming text message, and the voice read off navigation directions instead (which is turned off).