Software Build v10.2 2019.40.50.7 ad132c7bO57e (12/31/2019)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Did you install 2019.40.50.7?

• Total voters

potatoee

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
do you have a link or other evidence of this, or speculating?
I have seen no evidence of stop signs, lights, cones, etc. on the display. The only evidence I have seen is that one time I was deliberately timing the light (i.e. cruising up to a red light in anticipation of the light changing). I misjudged it by about a second or two. Just before I was about to put the brake on, I did get an AP warning to take control immediately. The car did not brake until I hit the pedal. I haven't tried to recreate the test.

SR22pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have seen no evidence of stop signs, lights, cones, etc. on the display. The only evidence I have seen is that one time I was deliberately timing the light (i.e. cruising up to a red light in anticipation of the light changing). I misjudged it by about a second or two. Just before I was about to put the brake on, I did get an AP warning to take control immediately. The car did not brake until I hit the pedal. I haven't tried to recreate the test.
Unless you have HW3 you won't.

potatoee

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Unless you have HW3 you won't.
Is this the first case where we saw a feature dependency on HW3? To the best of my knowledge HW3 and HW2.5 differ only by compute performance and that there are no features that yet *require* HW3. Again, has anyone *seen* evidence on the display in the distributed release?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have HW 2.5 in a M3. My wife has HW3 in a MS. We both have the latest software. Her display shows cones, stop signs and signal lights (including the current color). Definitely a difference between HW 2.5 and HW3. BTW, the M3 has purchased the FSD and the MS not.

potatoee

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have HW 2.5 in a M3. My wife has HW3 in a MS. We both have the latest software. Her display shows cones, stop signs and signal lights (including the current color). Definitely a difference between HW 2.5 and HW3. BTW, the M3 has purchased the FSD and the MS not.
This is awesome! I can't wait until I get my upgrade.

StromTrooperM3

Country
Country
we are going to more and more variable rate speed limits on freeways here
Something I never really paid attention to until tonight.

I drove through 3 school zones today on the way to a client.

55mph posted but 45mph school zone 8am until 6pm...I think the text on the sign would be too difficult for the car to read but hey maybe not?

Just something I never saw mentioned before..

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

55mph posted but 45mph school zone 8am until 6pm...I think the text on the sign would be too difficult for the car to read but hey maybe not?

I remember a school zone conversation from some time ago, but yeah, it is another good example of the posted speed changing at specific times.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Several people report steering oscillations in Autopilot and Navigate on Autopilot with this series of releases. Others report having no such issues.
I'm one of them - car now either hugs the left hand side of the lane even driving by braille or floats around the lane as if I'm drunk

DocScott

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
On the basis of an experience of a friend who lives near me, I finally upgraded to 40.50.7. I haven't driven far on this upgrade, so I haven't really gotten a chance to study whether, when, and how much it's ping-ponging.

Voice commands are absolutely worth it, but something like 20% of the time it doesn't record anything when I speak and I have to try again.

"Listen to CNN" does indeed plot navigation to Atlanta.

Rj8731

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

I have noticed that my M3 does not detect school zone signs. My Volvo XC90 does and displays them on the dash screen. Hopefully, a quick fix by the programmers at Tesla.

sduck

Country
Country
The model 3 has never used cameras for detecting speed limits. It's all based on what's programmed into the maps currently. And, it's not a quick, trivial fix to change this, but hopefully once more cars are on HW3 it can be implemented, eventually.

slotti

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Love the text message support, but my car randomly announces new messages and pulls up random old messages, some over a year old.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
For the third time in about nine weeks, I had to delete and then re-install my garage door in my Homelink settings.

For whatever reason, since V10 came along, my Homelink will all of a sudden not auto-close the garage door upon departure.

It will not even send the signal to attempt to close the door when I leave home...even after a twin scroll reset and a full power down.

Once I (again) removed and re-installed the door into my Homelink, it works in accordance with manufactures specifications.

Other random bugs I am noticing:
  • even on clear, sunny days my headlamps are randomly turning on (it also randomly happens on overcast but bright days),
  • I (still) can't send a voice "bug report" as the car (still) tells me it cannot understand that command...so I use the "press and hold the car icon for a two second period" trick to send a generic time hack style of bug report, and
  • I (still) cannot send a voice to text reply...the system types out what I am saying but it does nothing when I tap to send.
Spotify still crashes on a regular basis.

Klaus-rf

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The model 3 has never used cameras for detecting speed limits. It's all based on what's programmed into the maps currently. And, it's not a quick, trivial fix to change this, but hopefully once more cars are on HW3 it can be implemented, eventually.
While reading speed limit signs has been in the MS for a long time. I read it in the owners manual a couple years back. So it shouldn't be too difficult since the code already exists.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
While reading speed limit signs has been in the MS for a long time. I read it in the owners manual a couple years back. So it shouldn't be too difficult since the code already exists.
It's not the Model S that has it. It is AP1. So I think there are also Model Xs that have it then. I'm sure that HW2+ is capable but there is some law stuff with Mobleye that prevents Tesla from doing the same with their hardware.

DocScott

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I finally took a longer drive on this firmware version today.

I watched carefully for it, but experienced no ping-ponging whatsoever. It is true that AP tended to bias toward the outside of curves and then re-center when it exited the curve, but that's only a "ping"--it didn't overshoot, so no "pong."

Voice commands fail entirely maybe 15% of the time (not just not recognizing what I said, but not registering anything at all). For me, that's tolerable.

I'm not sure if this is just with voice commands or also happens when you use the touchscreen, but as some other people have reported bringing up the energy graph closes the odometer, which is super-dumb.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
I finally took a longer drive on this firmware version today.

I watched carefully for it, but experienced no ping-ponging whatsoever. It is true that AP tended to bias toward the outside of curves and then re-center when it exited the curve, but that's only a "ping"--it didn't overshoot, so no "pong."

Voice commands fail entirely maybe 15% of the time (not just not recognizing what I said, but not registering anything at all). For me, that's tolerable.

I'm not sure if this is just with voice commands or also happens when you use the touchscreen, but as some other people have reported bringing up the energy graph closes the odometer, which is super-dumb.
My odometer gets closed anytime I use any voice command except "odometer".

My odometer also gets closed anytime I use the voice/phone call thing...

...and anytime I tap the wiper button on the stalk for a single swipe, the odometer gets closed.