Software Build v10.2 2019.40.50.5 79b51bc (12/28/2019)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Have you installed 2019.40.50.5?

• Total voters

Pink Duck

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Received 2019.40.2.5 last night to my UK S, advertising Smart Summon (beta) in addition to Automatic Wiper Improvements etc. of 2019.40.2.1 I previously had. Though unfortunately unable to test with the latest app, as it started to crash for me as of build 388 on Android 7.1.2. However, since it still requires Bluetooth connection and limits to a maximum distance of 20 metre before requiring manual drive it's fairly pointless for now.

Last edited:

DocScott

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm not sure this version is a bug fix for US vehicles. It looks more like it's being used to roll out some previously unavailable functionality to other countries; e.g., a limited version of Smart Summon.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just installed the update (US). The release notes looked the same as 2019.40.50.1.
Which means it is bug fixes. I just went and hit both cars, but I got SW is up to date. Installs are really picking up as noted in the last few posts. Thinking it is past time for a map update too, over 6 months old. Bring on some big downloads.

sterickson

TOO Supporting Member
Green Level Supporter
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In PA and just received xx.5. Installing now.
I'm in PA too, but I guess that "Advance" setting, for getting software, doesn't work anymore, as this is now the 3rd or 4th time in a row, where I don't get it right away, when it's released. My car says I'm up to date, with 50.1.

ibgeek

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm in PA too, but I guess that "Advance" setting, for getting software, doesn't work anymore, as this is now the 3rd or 4th time in a row, where I don't get it right away, when it's released. My car says I'm up to date, with 50.1.
I read somewhere that over 80% of owners have selected advanced updates. So the benefit of the option has been substantially lessened.

SalisburySam

TOO Supporting Member
Green Level Supporter
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I read somewhere that over 80% of owners have selected advanced updates. So the benefit of the option has been substantially lessened.
And that’s assuming it actually does anything at all. Remember the elevator placebo door close button that is connected to nothing.

DocScott

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
WHAT?!?!?!?! That button doesn't do ANYTHING? I've been using that button for years!!!
One time I was visiting a friend in Santa Cruz, California. I couldn't figure out why I was never getting a walk signal to cross a busy street. It turns out that you actually did need to push the button to get the walk signal! I was so used to placebo buttons for that purpose that I didn't think to press it. Ironically, I now live near another intersection with a non-placebo "to cross street" button.

Slyicep

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
For anyone who installs this, I’d like to know if the ping-ponging is fixed. Probably not but would be good if that was the case.
I posted this on another thread. I’ve tested over 100 miles and this solved the problem for me.

I was reading an article about the different reboot types for the Tesla. Basically, soft, hard and power off/reset. The power off method actually powers off pretty much everything in the car (it’s eerie not hearing anything while sitting in the car). I did a “Power Off” to see if it would help with the ping pong since I’ve tried everything else.

Go to the “Safety & Security” in settings. Press “POWER OFF” and wait at least two minutes (very important). You will start hearing things power down during that time. After at least two minutes, hit the brake to power on the car. This apparently reboots everything including the cameras and sensors.

On a side note, take out your USB drive before rebooting and put it back in after it boots up if you are having issues with voice commands. This is a known fix by a Tesla support person. There is a bug that doesn’t allow the communications portion of the software to reboot if the USB is in there.

Let me know! I’m very curious (and happy I didn’t get sick on NOA anymore)

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Increment to the very last digit indicates this is just various bug fixes and nothing will show in the release notes. Big changes happen on the 1, 2, or 3rd digits