Software Build v10.1 2019.40.2 36f8355b35 (12/04/2019)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Have you installed v10.1 2019.40.2 ?

• Total voters

bsunny

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My 2018 M3 LR dual motor with original EAP/converted to FSD received this update early this morning. This is the first time I have been on the “early train”, so feel some responsibility to report my findings. 😉
It is snowing lightly here, and I had appointments out with my elderly mom, so was not able to do much testing of the new features... no highway travel and no AP used other than TACC.
I did test two things (sort of):
1.) auto wipers: light snow on warm windshield (quickly melting) did not turn on when I thought they should. I waited a bit (maybe 30 seconds) then pushed stalk to initiate wiper. It cleared snow, but auto wiper did not start up. After second time I pushed stalk, the auto wipers kicked in fast and furious—more than necessary. I switched to manual and selected slow speed and left it there for a while. Then I went back to Auto. I kind of lost track of exact step by step action, but they definitely were far from perfect and did not seem to me to be in any way better than they had been. YMMV
2.) STOP sign recognition. I was not using AP or TACC, slowed down but intentionally rolled all the way past stop sign at about 20 MPH before I stopped. No indication of any recognition came from my M3. I am not sure this means anything; just sayin’.
I see 40.2.1 is out now, and I won’t get another chance today to drive so will see whether I test more on this release or if I get the next one.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
STOP sign recognition. I was not using AP or TACC, slowed down but intentionally rolled all the way past stop sign at about 20 MPH before I stopped. No indication of any recognition came from my M3.
release notes specify it only will alert for stop signs or lights when using autosteer (which they still say is only to be used on divided highways - that dont have stop signs/lights)

Flashgj

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
After work last night I got an update notice for 36.2.4. We let the M3 update and then while driving to dinner I got a notice on the car that a download was available for 40.2. After returning home and connecting to Wi-Fi, it downloaded and updated.
Strange to get two updates within just a couple of hours.

Friedrich

TOO Supporting Member
Green Level Supporter
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got my update this morning. The European (or at least the Austrian) version just contains the Automatic Wiper Improvements and the Automatic Lane Change Improvements.
It's understandable that we don't get the Adjacent Lane Speeds as Autopilot over here doesn't allow us to pass cars on the right (it's a law thing ;)). It will decrease speed and stay behind the vehicle to the left.
Why we don't get the Autosteer Stop Sign Warning is beyond me... :rolleyes:

img_20191207_133804-jpg.31016

bsunny

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@bsunny there is a toggle under the windshield wipers where you can report it to "improve the neural net" there is supposed to be one in ap mode too i didnt see it.
I need more help here... @Reliev, can you send more info and/or a picture of this toggle you refer to? I cannot find the “toggle under the windshield wipers”. I looked on the screen first, and then on the stalk. I read about a “white camera” button to send info about autopilot to TESLA with VIN, but I don’t see that either—I don’t think I have that yet(?).

I have read that any manual override of automatic wipers will send info to the neural network. I am not sure if that is just on the screen, or also the button on the left stalk, but I did not think I needed to do more than just the override.

Ksb466

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I need more help here... @Reliev, can you send more info and/or a picture of this toggle you refer to? I cannot find the “toggle under the windshield wipers”. I looked on the screen first, and then on the stalk. I read about a “white camera” button to send info about autopilot to TESLA with VIN, but I don’t see that either—I don’t think I have that yet(?).

I have read that any manual override of automatic wipers will send info to the neural network. I am not sure if that is just on the screen, or also the button on the left stalk, but I did not think I needed to do more than just the override.
The simple act of pressing the single wipe button when you need it because auto wipe is insufficient on the stalk sends feedback to Tesla neural net. Nothing further needed

Ksb466

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
initial wiper feedback is it still needs to start initial wipe when window is misted, or very light rain. Had to use stalk at first a couple times last night

ibgeek

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Man my wipers have worked perfectly since the day I purchased my car. I sure hope that this update doesn't mess that up. From light rain to heavy downpour I've never had an issue with them.

ibgeek

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@bsunny what @Ksb466 said...
can anyone figure out how to report AP errors? it seems just as dumb lol
If your wipers are not on when you want them to be on, then manually turn them on. This will report the error. Simple as that.
If you are having AP issues, any user input that counters what AP was going to do also reports to Tesla. You can also press your right wheel button and say "Report Auto pilot failed to...." and you will see a thank you on your screen.
Lastly you can always use your phone app to contact support.

( I know you weren't asking about wipers, but put them that in there for others.)

bsunny

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
To clarify my question above,
I did not actually have a question until I was told above about a toggle under the windshield wipers...
@Reliev said: ”their is a toggle under the windshield wipers where you can report it to "improve the neural net" there is supposed to be one in ap mode too i didnt see it.”

I had not heard about that and cannot find such a thing.

All the other ways of “reporting” mentioned here are documented (press right scroll wheel button and say “bug report...” has been around; initiate manual override of wiper action now (as of recent release) automatically sends info to the neural network).

I am just trying to clarify for my own edification, and for others reading this thread who may have found the “toggle” information “helpful”,
Is there actually a “toggle” either in car (or in app) to notify Tesla about wipers as described by @Reliev in this thread?
If so, where? And, where is it documented?
If not, then that info may be confusing to others coming to this forum for information. That’s my point in belaboring this.

Ksb466

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Can confirm it detects both stop signs and red light on hw 2.5. Worked in all 4 instances I tried. Do need to be in auto steer;EAP. Now that you can set auto steer all the way down to 0 mph no need to risk lives any longer blowing through stop inns to test. it comes up even when you’re rolling scrolled down at 5 mph. It did not stop for me however, instead giving the screaming red sign with message “take over immediately”. Now need HW3.

wst88

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am very pleased to report that there is a dramatic improvement in the wipers. Finally had a light rain in Michigan this morning and the wipers performed perfectly. The only exception was that it needed to manually hit the wipers when I first got out of the garage. After that they continued with out issue. This was one of my larger complaints about the car and I am very pleased with the improvements.

Ksb466

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am very pleased to report that there is a dramatic improvement in the wipers. Finally had a light rain in Michigan this morning and the wipers performed perfectly. The only exception was that it needed to manually hit the wipers when I first got out of the garage. After that they continued with out issue. This was one of my larger complaints about the car and I am very pleased with the improvements.
Maybe Tesla should program a single wipe when leaving Home, or a optional feature, regardless of what their neural net software “sees”

Reliev

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@bsunny I read this on twitter and Reddit it seems to happen in the background when you force it. then it sends it up to the NN afaik. that's why I'm here though to help not to get in arguments. I was trying to be helpful. I was looking for these options myself.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Dropping this into the correct thread, has anyone had their radio stop working? It just shows the loading circle continously and won't play favorited stations nor manually tuned ones. I noticed it on Saturday and hasn't fixed itself since then. A two button reset didn't fix the problem and I will try with the brake pedal pressed today and see if that solves it.