Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

have you installed it?

Software Build v10.0 2019.32.12.1 641e9fa (10/9/19)

10K views 36 replies 28 participants last post by  tivoboy 
#1 ·
Installed today on LR M3. Nothing new in the release notes.

#5 ·
I got it on my model X. It was a 50 minute installation time, which made me hopeful for something of substance that was deserving of new release notes. But I can confirm identical release notes to previous V10 releases.

Got the notice this afternoon while supercharging and instantly started a hotspot WiFi connection. Thought it would be great to test on the last leg of my trip. Learned that the download would not occur while charging. And then it stalled out at 50% download after I had charged. Waited until I got home tonight to finish downloading and installing.

Reactions: EricR
#7 ·
This release seems to have fixed the issues I’ve had with Spotify freezing up, repeating the same song, and displaying “loading error”. I haven’t played with Smart Summon yet to see if it’s improved.

Edit: I wonder if I got this update early since I sent MANY bug reports regarding Spotify?

#10 ·
The current firmware branch is now 9 weeks old (we are in week 41). In the 17 months since I took delivery that is a larger lag than any previous update. The previous record "delay" was 6 weeks.

Something big requiring lots of testing in the works perhaps?

Reactions: ibgeek
#11 ·
I drove around for an hour or so.. didn't see any changes, but there could be fixes, probably are. Didn't see any repairs to the horrid Spotify App. Saved two albums... went to the grocery store and came out and both were gone. Hard to believe the app could have been released that way, with basic functionality so screwed up. And it still won't sync to my Premium Spotify account. AArrrgggghhhh!!

#14 ·
The previous version of software seemed pretty buggy to me.
  • Lots of errors playing songs in slacker. It would stop and I'd have to skip to the next song.
  • Dashcam would never work at beginning of drive. No error messages. I had to remove and re-insert my USB drive to get it working again each time.
I'm just hoping that this solves those two issues for me.

#16 ·
I had same issue with Slacker. Hoping it is fixed. Just received the update today.

Reactions: Nautilus
#15 ·
Spotify always worked good here in Norway so don't think is a Spotify fix. We don't have smart summon. So probably not a lot of bug fix there either. Since we all got the same update. So it have too be something USA and Europe got in common. Think it's some autopilot bug fix.

#17 ·
This new flavor is the twitchiest AP so far. Before the past 4 updates (all v10) AP would hold lanes very well with no lane stripping - like intersections, turn lanes, etc. Today's version is constantly wavering in the lane WITH lines enough to make me dizzy.

It also swerves 1/2 lane width or so whenever there are no markings like through intersections, passing turn lanes, etc. The latest flavor of v9 was almost perfect under these same conditions.

I do not trust AP now. Makes me VERY nervous.

#19 ·
Got a notification for this update, but my 3 won’t connect to my WiFi. Same location I’ve always parked. Removed the connection and re-added but just sits at connecting. Waiting for reboot to complete now to see if that fixes the issue.

Reactions: Keith R
#22 ·
One change I've noticed so far is no more sudden braking while on AP (ACC or NoAP) when there was congestion on the adjacent right lane separated from my lane with plastic poles (Miami's express lanes). Prior to this update, my M3 would lock on to random vehicles stopped on the adjacent lane, brake hard, turn that vehicle red on the display and beep like hell as if the car was right in front of my car even though the display clearly showed the car on the other lane. It got to be such an issue that as soon as I saw brake lights coming on next to my lane I would rest my foot on the accelerator to prevent the car from slowing down.

After installing this software, I was logged off Spotify and was not able to log back in not even after resetting my password. When I got home, I did the 2-button reboot and Spotify is back as before.

#23 ·
Prior to this update, my M3 would lock on to random vehicles stopped on the adjacent lane, brake hard, turn that vehicle red on the display and beep like hell as if the car was right in front of my car even though the display clearly showed the car on the other lane.
No poles between lanes in my case, but I had this happen to me on my first drive with the new 2019.32.12.1 tonight. Never saw it on 11.1 or any prior release. Was on NOA in very slow stop-and-go traffic (maybe 5 mph), and my car stopped abruptly, highlighting in red the semi in the lane to my right. No beeping for me, but unsettling enough that I shut off AP until traffic started moving better.

#26 ·
I don't remember ever seeing this before, but with 12.1 I noticed that when a lane departure warning prevention occurs, I now see a blue line on that side. Could have been in a prior release, but definitely never noticed it before installing 12.1 this morning.
Sky Cloud Output device Gps navigation device Vehicle

#33 ·
Yes, I had it happen to me on Wednesday. I picked up my pops from the airport and on the way back taking him home a car almost side swiped us on the passenger side doing about 45-50mph. The M3 made a weird sound I've never heard and jerked my car probably 3-4 feet to the left where there was an empty center lane luckily. My pops has always liked my car, but gets a little nervous from the acceleration. I had told him about some of the sensors and how they work before, but after that he is a true Tesla believer. I'm guessing he'll buy one in the near future!

#28 ·
I'm having a strange occurence. Wondering if anyone else. I installed last night. The first half of the day had no change. The second half had 3 changes.
1) In town driving could see many more lanes.
2) Correctly created an imaginary Center divide line on a side street that had no actual lines.
3) Most importantly, I lost all of the regenerative braking. Completely coast now. Tried turning it and on off. Also tried steering wheel reboot. Still no regenerative braking.

Anyone else have that happen. Thanks I'm new here.

#29 ·
3) Most importantly, I lost all of the regenerative braking. Completely coast now. Tried turning it and on off. Also tried steering wheel reboot. Still no regenerative braking.
Welcome to the forum!

Not sure if you're aware of the normal reasons that you'd lose regen. My apologies if you already know all this. If your battery is close to 100% charge or if the battery is very cold, regen can be limited or nonexistent to protect the battery. I'm not sure of the exact indication on Model X, but you should get dashed lines on the regen meter showing that regen is limited. The dashed lines gradually disappear as the battery warms to show how much regen is allowed. Did this happen after parking outside for awhile in the cold?

#32 ·
You sure you had an ATT Connection when it was grey'd out? Both of the 2019.12 builds I've had have had issues where when you get in the car it shows that there is no connection. Then at some point during the drive it reconnects.

Reactions: fazluke
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.