Software Build v10.0 2019.32.11.1 d39e85a (10/1/2019)

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Did you install 2019.32.11.1?

• Total voters

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
First time today for this observation: when employing reverse and using drivers side tilted exterior mirror to avoid curb rash on drivers side rims, the mirrors did tilt, but the drivers side was only 50% of normal (could not easily see curb without some gymnastics).

Tried tilting drivers mirror down more while in reverse and "saving", to no avail.

One cycle of going into drive and then back into reverse and the mirror again assumed only 50% of normal tilt.

Sent a bug report.
this sounds similar to the profile only changing the steering wheel location, but not the seat. (which mine have done 2x now since V10). in the case of the profile error, tapping it on the screen moves the seat. If you notice the mirrors not moving correction again when you go into reverse, try going back to another gear then back to reverse and see if they are positioned correctly.

Long Ranger

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had the same happen to me yesterday - autopilot / cruise was threw an error on screen every time. I tried rebooting during the drive - but no change. When I went out to lunch later in the day - there was no issue - as well as on the drive home from work, etc. Guess it was some sort of momentary sensor glitch which caused the system to disable it. Not sure it was related to V10 specifically.
Sounds like the return of a V9 bug from earlier this year where AP would stop working until the car slept, and reboots wouldn't help.
Sleep to fix NOA
Autopilot Features Not Working

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
this sounds similar to the profile only changing the steering wheel location, but not the seat. (which mine have done 2x now since V10). in the case of the profile error, tapping it on the screen moves the seat. If you notice the mirrors not moving correction again when you go into reverse, try going back to another gear then back to reverse and see if they are positioned correctly.
I did that numerous times and it was drivers side mirror only, and tilting it down whilst in reverse (and hitting save) would only result in a 50% tilt on the next cycle thru gears to reverse.

100% software issue as mirror easily tilts all the way down when adjusting it to do so.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
First time today for this observation: when employing reverse and using drivers side tilted exterior mirror to avoid curb rash on drivers side rims, the mirrors did tilt, but the drivers side was only 50% of normal (could not easily see curb without some gymnastics).

Tried tilting drivers mirror down more while in reverse and "saving", to no avail.
I created a "Parking" driver mode that's the same as my normal mode, except the mirrors are pointed downwards. I generally don't like having the mirrors tilt down when I'm reversing, so I created this specific mode that I use only when parallel parking.

My normal driver's side mirror position is to have the mirror almost completely outwards as far as it will go. That seems to cause some sort of issue, as for the longest time only the passenger mirror would tilt down when I engaged my "Parking" mode. I decided to just live with it, since I'm almost always parallel parking with the passenger side against the curb. But in a recent software update, it appeared that my driver's mirror started tilting downward as I had initially intended. So there may have been some sort of update made recently to controlling mirrors, which helped my situation but unfortunately created a problem for yours.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
OK, I am really not liking AP / NOA on this car. I've had it almost a week now and put almost 600 miles on this iteration. To me, the car is very, very nervous. My issues:

Car corrects it's line too much. Kind of nervously hunting back and forth in relation to other traffic. This isn't quite as bad on the open road, but it's still there. In traffic, it's constantly making subtle moves away from cars. Not smooth, but sharp little jigs.

Car treats acceleration / deceleration like a kid learning to drive. TACC was never as smooth as human driving (Porsche ACC is MUCH smoother) but this is an entire step in the wrong direction, especially on acceleration. So. Many. Brief. Stabs. At. The. Pedal. I have a pretty high tolerance for this stuff and even I find it to be highly annoying. My wife hasn't ridden in the car yet since this update but I feel like this would be the last straw in her banning Autopilot from any drive where she's in the car.

I've tried changing to chill, tried setting the following distance back. Doesn't matter if I'm on NOA or not.

It's bad.

Going to try a hard reboot. Does anyone know if that helps?

M3OC Rules

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
OK, I am really not liking AP / NOA on this car. I've had it almost a week now and put almost 600 miles on this iteration. To me, the car is very, very nervous. My issues:

Car corrects it's line too much. Kind of nervously hunting back and forth in relation to other traffic. This isn't quite as bad on the open road, but it's still there. In traffic, it's constantly making subtle moves away from cars. Not smooth, but sharp little jigs.

Car treats acceleration / deceleration like a kid learning to drive. TACC was never as smooth as human driving (Porsche ACC is MUCH smoother) but this is an entire step in the wrong direction, especially on acceleration. So. Many. Brief. Stabs. At. The. Pedal. I have a pretty high tolerance for this stuff and even I find it to be highly annoying. My wife hasn't ridden in the car yet since this update but I feel like this would be the last straw in her banning Autopilot from any drive where she's in the car.

I've tried changing to chill, tried setting the following distance back. Doesn't matter if I'm on NOA or not.

It's bad.

Going to try a hard reboot. Does anyone know if that helps?
One thing that is new in V10 is the car moves within the lane to avoid being too close to things. I say things because I'm not sure exactly what the logic is that makes it move in the lane. I've witnessed it do it several times. I've also witnessed it not do it when I wish it would. Personally I think this is a much-needed feature. It's not perfect yet but I'm sure it will improve. But I suppose some may not like this feature. I just point that out as you may mistake that for correcting the line.

I think the acceleration delay after a stop was annoying and I would supplement with the throttle. There were a lot of complaints about this that Tesla was responding to. Perhaps this needs a setting because I'm definitely happier with the way it is now versus V9. There is room for improvement as well to make it more human-like though and appease people that don't want a large gap opening and people that don't want whiplash.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
One thing that is new in V10 is the car moves within the lane to avoid being too close to things. I say things because I'm not sure exactly what the logic is that makes it move in the lane. I've witnessed it do it several times. I've also witnessed it not do it when I wish it would.
Yep, I've noticed this too. With this build of software, sometimes it will shy away from a large truck beside me, and other times it does not. But as you say, Tesla will continue to improve the algorithm.

Nautilus

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yesterday evening I was driving home on Autopilot on a multi-lane highway. A large 18 wheeler was 2 lanes over on the left from me when I signaled to move the car one lane left (closer to the truck, but it was still another lane away). The car started to move, then aborted and moved back to its starting position. I had to look around to double check my intended lane to see if something was lurking in my blindspot. Nope, it was the 18 wheeler two lanes over that spooked Autopilot.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
One thing that is new in V10 is the car moves within the lane to avoid being too close to things. I say things because I'm not sure exactly what the logic is that makes it move in the lane. I've witnessed it do it several times. I've also witnessed it not do it when I wish it would. Personally I think this is a much-needed feature. It's not perfect yet but I'm sure it will improve. But I suppose some may not like this feature. I just point that out as you may mistake that for correcting the line.
Yes, aware of this feature. To me, it was needed in maybe 1 case in 100. And we have quite a few trucks on the road out here. Now, it's dodging and weaving even with normal sized cars, and even does it an extend on a completely empty road. I get the intent, but the form was WAY overdone, IMO.

I think the acceleration delay after a stop was annoying and I would supplement with the throttle. There were a lot of complaints about this that Tesla was responding to. Perhaps this needs a setting because I'm definitely happier with the way it is now versus V9. There is room for improvement as well to make it more human-like though and appease people that don't want a large gap opening and people that don't want whiplash.
I agree, that's improved. And it needed to be. I will clarify my beef: on the move, at highway speeds. Going from, say, 65-70. Or if it wants to close the distance to a car in front. It'll spurt. Forward. With. Several. Stabs. You can see the green line spike, 3, 4, 5 6 times. Never noticed this behavior nearly to this degree. Maybe I should take a video on the way home.

DocScott

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I haven't taken a long trip with v10 yet, but did get in a 15 mile commute today, mostly on interstates. I have AP but not NOA.

My initial impression is that AP is a bit better in the normal use cases, but at the expense of some cases a bit outside of the intended use (details below). Frankly, I'm fine with that; it's the direction I've long been saying I hope they go in, so that they nail it's behavior under some circumstances before they worry about extending it to some circumstances. I want L3 on interstates before it's L2 everywhere in every circumstance.

The specific behavior that I think has gotten worse outside the main use case is speed on on-ramps and off-ramps. AP used to handle those situations just fine, often slowing for an off-ramp without my either having to adjust the speed or disengage, particularly if there was a car somewhere ahead of me on the off-ramp. But today on v10 it repeatedly showed the intention of taking the off-ramps at full highway speed, regardless of whether it turned, had a slower-moving car fifty yards ahead, or whatever. On v9 I'd usually disengage at the bottom of an off-ramp like that; today I'd have to disengage at the top. Same thing for on-ramps; I used to be able to engage at the bottom of the on-ramp, but now it seems like I'd better wait until the merge.

In exchange, AP on the interstate itself is maybe a bit more human-like, although I haven't driven enough to be sure. Today, in fast but moderate traffic with curving interstates, lots of people merging in and off at speed, etc. (New York suburban driving), it was uneventful, which is good.

As I said above, if that's the trade-off, I'll take it!

NR4P

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

To your first point, I didn't see the positive experience of moving within a lane at all on 400 mile drive on Saturday. The lane centering was so bad that my passenger in front right seat said to turn off AP because it was freakishly close to an 18 wheeler hugging their left line. I agree, way too close. BTW I was in the left lane and a nice shoulder lane to my left and plenty of room to give that 18 wheeler a wide berth.

Acceleration delay, I am glad you mentioned this. I thought I experience that improvement and now I am sure. Glad that was addressed. I am no longer stepping on the pedal after a traffic light and TACC.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
I created a "Parking" driver mode that's the same as my normal mode, except the mirrors are pointed downwards. I generally don't like having the mirrors tilt down when I'm reversing, so I created this specific mode that I use only when parallel parking.

My normal driver's side mirror position is to have the mirror almost completely outwards as far as it will go. That seems to cause some sort of issue, as for the longest time only the passenger mirror would tilt down when I engaged my "Parking" mode. I decided to just live with it, since I'm almost always parallel parking with the passenger side against the curb. But in a recent software update, it appeared that my driver's mirror started tilting downward as I had initially intended. So there may have been some sort of update made recently to controlling mirrors, which helped my situation but unfortunately created a problem for yours.
I hear you about having the drivers mirror set correctly to eliminate what is known as "the blind spot".

16 months ago, day one of ownership, I had to set the mirror at the 90% correct position because setting it outwards any more created issues with it moving into the tilted position while in reverse.

FWIW, today the drivers side mirror was tilting at 100% specification.

But my seat back did not assume its correct amount of tilt when I first switched from easy entry profile to my driver profile.

Using the seat back control button, I pushed on that button until the seat back automatically stopped at its correct position for my driver profile.

This has happened numerous times in the past few weeks.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I hear you about having the drivers mirror set correctly to eliminate what is known as "the blind spot".

16 months ago, day one of ownership, I had to set the mirror at the 90% correct position because setting it outwards any more created issues with it moving into the tilted position while in reverse.

FWIW, today the drivers side mirror was tilting at 100% specification.

But my seat back did not assume its correct amount of tilt when I first switched from easy entry profile to my driver profile.

Using the seat back control button, I pushed on that button until the seat back automatically stopped at its correct position for my driver profile.

This has happened numerous times in the past few weeks.
just tap your profile name on the screen if the seat doesn't set correctly. no need to manually adjust it. it'll correct any errors from the automatic switching to your profile.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
just tap your profile name on the screen if the seat doesn't set correctly. no need to manually adjust it. it'll correct any errors from the automatic switching to your profile.
To confirm my understanding: I literally just tap my profile name as it is shown at the top of the UI, I don’t have to open up the profile dialog box and tap my profile from within that dialog box. Thanks.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
To confirm my understanding: I literally just tap my profile name as it is shown at the top of the UI, I don’t have to open up the profile dialog box and tap my profile from within that dialog box. Thanks.
correct - as if selecting it when switching from another
IIRC, last time I did this (which was only yesterday), I tapped my name and it brought up the list of profiles, and I tapped my name from that list - so technically, you are tapping your name 2x ;)

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
correct - as if selecting it when switching from another
IIRC, last time I did this (which was only yesterday), I tapped my name and it brought up the list of profiles, and I tapped my name from that list - so technically, you are tapping your name 2x ;)
Awesome , two taps, thanks.

Those two taps can now join my two taps every time I want the seat heater to change its current state at the start of the day or at high noon :p

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wasn't getting this update, so I did a power down (wait 5 min) restart and the update started immediately. Coincidence? Not sure, but I'm going to put this experience in my back pocket. Now waiting for 12.1.

DocScott

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
With this version, my Slacker stream keeps stopping, as if there was loss of signal, but in areas with good coverage and lots of bars showing. Tapping pause and play again gives an option to retry; tapping retry starts a new song. This was happening to me roughly every ten minutes.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I agree, that's improved. And it needed to be. I will clarify my beef: on the move, at highway speeds. Going from, say, 65-70. Or if it wants to close the distance to a car in front. It'll spurt. Forward. With. Several. Stabs. You can see the green line spike, 3, 4, 5 6 times. Never noticed this behavior nearly to this degree. Maybe I should take a video on the way home.

Here is my video. Watch the black bar (not green duh) oscillate back and forth. I was following a car on front of me that was accelerating and it was accelerating evenly.