Beta Software 10.1 2019.40.50 4760529d4 (2019-12-22)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Needsdecaf

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wow, this will be very useful between the Voice commands and the texting!

I have to say that some of the responses to "Call so and so" by the car are quite hilarious. Especially when it's my family and it has heard my last name (a tough one) dozens of times. Plus, I love when it displays a contact name all wrong, but shows the correct phone numbers. Like I'll say "Call Jack Jones" and the car will display" "Jack Juenz" but show all the correct contact info for "Jack Jones".

Odd.

ateslik

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Camp mode : "Your car can now maintain airflow, temperature, interior lighting, as well as play music, and power devices when Camp Mode is enabled. To enable Camp Mode, tap the fan icon at the bottom of the touchscreen and set Keep Climate On to CAMP while your car is in PARK.”

DocScott

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Camp mode : "Your car can now maintain airflow, temperature, interior lighting, as well as play music, and power devices when Camp Mode is enabled. To enable Camp Mode, tap the fan icon at the bottom of the touchscreen and set Keep Climate On to CAMP while your car is in PARK.”

Also acts as Drive-In Movie mode! Yay!

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Also acts as Drive-In Movie mode! Yay!
I hope this means exterior lights stay off when you open the door at drive-in movies for emergency restroom breaks.

Perscitus

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

I actually requested this via the app and by calling the support team a few months ago. Good stuff.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Wow, this will be very useful between the Voice commands and the texting!

I have to say that some of the responses to "Call so and so" by the car are quite hilarious. Especially when it's my family and it has heard my last name (a tough one) dozens of times. Plus, I love when it displays a contact name all wrong, but shows the correct phone numbers. Like I'll say "Call Jack Jones" and the car will display" "Jack Juenz" but show all the correct contact info for "Jack Jones".

Odd.
I hope the ability to process my voice request improves with this update.

The concept of being able to adjust the mirrors, or HVAC via voice control is great, but I'm concerned that the execution will continue to be problematic.

Until/unless the voice recognition actually occurs within the car itself versus some server in California, I'm thinking these new voice commands may have the same success rate as "Bug Report......." which is about 65% reliable right now.

2Kap

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So is this a HW3 only release, or has someone with 2.5 gotten this update as well?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So is this a HW3 only release, or has someone with 2.5 gotten this update as well?
well, the 1 car that has gotten it on Teslafi was an early 2018 RWD 3 (vin 13,xxx). maybe it's had the computer changed over to HW3, maybe not. until it actually starts rolling out, it's a little early to know anything.