Smart Summon! V10 Video

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

When will Smart Summon v10 be released

• Next Week

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • By End Of Year

Votes: 26 68.4%

• Total voters

Zek

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

Hello Folks, I would like to start a conversation about Smart Summon!
Do we feel that it’s here? Like next week?
When will people like myself who payed for FSD long ago get it? It feels like it’s imminent but how does the community feel about it?

2019.32.2.12 looks like beta of v10 with smart summon.

Any opinions here are just that, opinions and a healthy conversation.

Last edited:

SalisburySam

TOO Supporting Member
Green Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It’ll come when it comes. My timeline:
Next week? Hardly.
End of year? Likely not.
V11? Maybe.
V12? Likely.
V13? Probably.
V14? Fer shur.

I want to be wrong.

airj1012

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

Hello Folks, I would like to start a conversation about Smart Summon!
Do we feel that it’s here? Like next week?
When will people like myself who payed for FSD long ago get it? It feels like it’s imminent but how does the community feel about it?

2019.32.2.12 looks like beta of v10 with smart summon.

Any opinions here are just that, opinions and a healthy conversation.
Where are those charts coming from? Whats the data source? Teslafi still doesn't have .12 on its radar.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Smart Summon is already a part of V10 and early access has it. Maybe not next week but we will all have it with V10, pretty soon I think. As far as Full Self Driving, well that's anybody's guess. I'd love to see it but I think it will come slowly. First step will be the car seeing and reacting to stop lights and stop signs, then maybe it will go around a turn at an intersection. Things will get better but in small steps. That's the way I see it.

Zek

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I personally think we will see it next week per Elon’s tweets. And it will likely be 80% working just like the first version of Navigate on auto pilot.
The inability of the car to see right in front of the bumper and under the front mirrors/doors may pose an unneeded software challenge.

ibgeek

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Where are those charts coming from? Whats the data source? Teslafi still doesn't have .12 on its radar.
With most testing, Tesla makes you cancel your Teslafi account if you have one. There are some exceptions, but this build is not one of them it would appear. The build does exist though. Very limited release at the moment.

EDIT: While they do ask, it turns out that this is not enforced.

Last edited:

ibgeek

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It's still called Enhanced Summon and has never changed its name, despite tweets to the contrary.
The name change will be after the app update is released. And on the car side, naming will be in the final release. These are all pre-release builds. Release will be 2019.36 or higher from what I've been told.

Zek

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
The name change will be after the app update is released. And on the car side, naming will be in the final release. These are all pre-release builds. Release will be 2019.36 or higher from what I've been told.
Thoughts on timing? Do we trust Elon’s tweet? Should I get excited for next week?

DocScott

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Smart Summon is already a part of V10 and early access has it. Maybe not next week but we will all have it with V10, pretty soon I think. As far as Full Self Driving, well that's anybody's guess. I'd love to see it but I think it will come slowly. First step will be the car seeing and reacting to stop lights and stop signs, then maybe it will go around a turn at an intersection. Things will get better but in small steps. That's the way I see it.
I agree that's likely to be the sequence, but I really wish it wasn't. Tesla's plan seems to be to gradually add autonomous features at a level that needs monitoring. That means they'll be stuck at L2 for a long time--basically until they're ready to make the jump to L5.

I'd prefer if the focus was to perfect autonomy in limited circumstances (L3); say, on limited-access highways or in traffic jams. That would mean we could, for example, answer email or watch a video from onramp to offramp on an interstate. Then extend L3 to more and more circumstances, eventually leading to L4 and then L5.

Zek

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I agree that's likely to be the sequence, but I really wish it wasn't. Tesla's plan seems to be to gradually add autonomous features at a level that needs monitoring. That means they'll be stuck at L2 for a long time--basically until they're ready to make the jump to L5.

I'd prefer if the focus was to perfect autonomy in limited circumstances (L3); say, on limited-access highways or in traffic jams. That would mean we could, for example, answer email or watch a video from onramp to offramp on an interstate. Then extend L3 to more and more circumstances, eventually leading to L4 and then L5.
Leap from L2 to L3 is huge its even bigger from L3 to L4 and very possible that it will take 5-10 year to fully reach L5 - the problem set at level 5 is very large. I would use space flight as an example L1 is sending a ballon to the edge of space. L2 is low earth orbit rocket. L3 is going to the moon and back. L4 is Mars and back safely and repeatably. Full L5 is closer to going to another star.

DocScott

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Leap from L2 to L3 is huge its even bigger from L3 to L4 and very possible that it will take 5-10 year to fully reach L5 - the problem set at level 5 is very large. I would use space flight as an example L1 is sending a ballon to the edge of space. L2 is low earth orbit rocket. L3 is going to the moon and back. L4 is Mars and back safely and repeatably. Full L5 is closer to going to another star.
I disagree.

L3 is achievable now. Audi already has it with its Traffic Jam Pilot feature, although for regulatory reasons it's not available in the US.

L3, by definition, is used in limited circumstances. Developers can pick whatever circumstances are easiest (low speeds, low traffic density, good weather/lighting, limited-access roads, etc.) and focus on those. That makes it an easier problem than extending L2 to all circumstances.

Zek

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I disagree.

L3 is achievable now. Audi already has it with its Traffic Jam Pilot feature, although for regulatory reasons it's not available in the US.

L3, by definition, is used in limited circumstances. Developers can pick whatever circumstances are easiest (low speeds, low traffic density, good weather/lighting, limited-access roads, etc.) and focus on those. That makes it an easier problem than extending L2 to all circumstances.
I agree with you! We can goto the moon and back we did it in 1969! I just simply think L2 is easy L3 is harder L4 is very hard, and L5 is super very hard

Smart Summon is L2.5!!!