Slacker Streaming - how to replay songs?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Spiffywerks

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
How do you replay a song on Slacker? When I search for a song I already played, if I search for the same song again it will not play it, but only related songs on “[Name of song] Radio”.

Do I need to create an account first? I’ve been using the built in Tesla account still.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I started researching this after hearing a report or two of the same thing last week, basically there isn't much of a way to do what you ask. Slacker has 3 levels, free, Plus and Premium. The account you have running in the car from Tesla is equivalent to the Plus plan. You get rid of commercials and a few things, but don't have access to the Premium features. If you pay for a premium plan you can log in to it from the car and use that. However from what I read to be able to replay songs you have to log in to Slacker on a computer and create your own playlists and then back in the car you can access and play the playlists repeating songs, etc. Not the most friendly of systems.

I think it will be fine for finding and listening to random songs or music you don't have, but if you've got your own library or pay for Pandora or Apple music, seems that is likely to be the preferred method until they integrate more options.

Spiffywerks

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thank you!

I did sign up for the plus plan ($30/yr) so I get more favorite stations and can customize. But the premium didn’t seem necessary just for the on-demand feature, which doesn’t seem to do what I was looking for based on what you stated. I’ll just stick with plus. Not such a big deal I guess. I have amazon music I could stream if I really wanted to hear something specific.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
With the Slacker plan that Tesla provides with the car, you can re-request the song after a certain amount of time passes. I haven't been able to determine exactly what that amount of time is but it seems like after 3 or 4 days you can play the specific song again.

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
With the Slacker plan that Tesla provides with the car, you can re-request the song after a certain amount of time passes. I haven't been able to determine exactly what that amount of time is but it seems like after 3 or 4 days you can play the specific song again.
For those times when you hear a song you really like and think to yourself "Awesome, I want to play that again... in 3 or 4 days!!!"