Slacker Radio Not Working

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
4 Days ago My Slacker Radio Abruptly stopped working. It Seems right after the last update. It puts up a screen now prompting me to enter my Tesla name and password. There’s also an icon that says “Use Tesla Account” when I enter the information and push either icon the circle goes round and round but it never signs in and after several minutes goes back to the previous screen telling me to try again later.
I’ve been trying everything for 4 straight days. Everything else is working perfectly. I can search and it displays the Album Covers I can ask it to play a song. Acts like it playing But no music.
All the other Radio features work perfectly. I can play from my iphone And the AM\FM Radio. I’ve tried rebooting the screen and complete shutdown of the car and waiting for several minutes then rebooting the car.
I’m getting nowhere. I chatted with Tesla via chat they had me do the same things. They couldn’t solve it either. They said on their end to use my name and password. But that does not work then they told they’d get back to me. I went to Slacker’s site and there was no support or help there for Tesla owners. Mine is a late December built 2014 with loaded with everything. P85D. I’m open for any and all suggestions. 🙏 any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I do recall having a Slacker issue where it would prompt for me to login or use the Tesla account. It's been some time ago though and I think that it either worked itself out with some updates or I did the two scroll wheel + brake pedal hold reset.

So, not any help to you here but wanted to post that I have seen this before in solidarity. It might be time to have a mobile tech take a look?

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Took my car into the San Antonio Tesla service center they fixed it in minutes.
Those guys know what they are doing. Slacker is back !!! Yea
Glad your Slacker is back! What was the culprit? Any parts replaced to fix this particular issue?

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
24hrs now in and Slacker not working. Anyone with a solve? Have hard reset several times already.

Cintoman

Country
Country
What I've noticed with mine recently is that anytime I press the right scroll wheel and ask to play a song, the search screen comes up with the song name plus a bunch of covers and songs to select. Most of the time, even if the song is up there and I tap it, another different song from the artist plays. I might have to do this sometimes for the song I want to actually play versus some other "related" song.

Previously, whenever I spoke a request for a song, it'd search and start playing it with no problems. Anyone having this issue too?

Cintoman

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What I've noticed with mine recently is that anytime I press the right scroll wheel and ask to play a song, the search screen comes up with the song name plus a bunch of covers and songs to select. Most of the time, even if the song is up there and I tap it, another different song from the artist plays.
That is normal slacker behavior.

You're not actually picking a song for slacker to play - you're creating a "station" based on whatever you say, which happens to be a song in this case. Now, that song happens to be the *perfect* song to play on that station, so it will usually be the first song played. However, if you've listened to that song too recently, then slacker will decide to play some other "similar" song first instead.

Cintoman

Country
Country
That is normal slacker behavior.

You're not actually picking a song for slacker to play - you're creating a "station" based on whatever you say, which happens to be a song in this case. Now, that song happens to be the *perfect* song to play on that station, so it will usually be the first song played. However, if you've listened to that song too recently, then slacker will decide to play some other "similar" song first instead.
Right....I used to notice that too after requesting a song that I recently (within the past few days) played. Also noticed that it would create a station based on that song. But now it seems that even if I speak the command to "Play One by Metallica", a song I never requested, it won't play automatically. Instead, it brings up the big search window now for any and every song I speak.

--Cintoman

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
yep - super frustrating that all music requests now bring up the search window instead of playing music. I'm back to streaming via bluetooth and talking to Siri because I can at least get music playing without taking my eyes off the road.

skygraff

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Same behavior occurs when using voice command to play a radio station or TuneIn channel (favorites or not) so, basically, hands free has become a safety hazard by forcing you to interact with the screen even just to clear it.

This has been going on since v10 rolled out and I (& others) have been making bug reports. Add your voices to the mix and make bug reports each time you experience this, please. It may seem like an unimportant entertainment glitch but it is a regression in what’s supposed to be a safety feature.

Cintoman

Country
Country
Same behavior occurs when using voice command to play a radio station or TuneIn channel (favorites or not) so, basically, hands free has become a safety hazard by forcing you to interact with the screen even just to clear it.

This has been going on since v10 rolled out and I (& others) have been making bug reports. Add your voices to the mix and make bug reports each time you experience this, please. It may seem like an unimportant entertainment glitch but it is a regression in what’s supposed to be a safety feature.

Yeah, very frustrating, and a step backwards for sure. I'll be bug reporting everytime going forward now, with the hopes that they fix it back to how it was previously.

--Cintoman

skygraff

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yeah, very frustrating, and a step backwards for sure. I'll be bug reporting everytime going forward now, with the hopes that they fix it back to how it was previously.

--Cintoman

Finally fixed the voice command for radio/TuneIn channels with 2019.40.2.1!

Here’s hoping they expand the voice commands to include streaming favorites and HD sub-channels along with HVAC and other distractors on the screen.