Slacker issue... Test for me, please.

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Mayhem

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
So I've noticed for the past few weeks that slacker is really screwed up. I first noticed that the station "Owner Favorites" would repeat the same 4 or so songs without me thumbs-downing anything really to speak of. Then decreased to 1 or 2 songs....

I've found out why.

Some songs on slacker have mislabeled flags with "explicit lyrics" or "DJ commentary" flags. As I have these inactive in my audio settings, it skipps more and more songs. If I allow DJ commentary and explicit lyrics, then the channel works as expected. However disabiling these options causes only a very few songs to play -- even though the songs it's skipping are 'clean lyrics'.

I have a few songs thumbs downed, so that when I play "Owners Favorites" now, I only get a perpetual circular loading symbol.

My wife's 3 does the same thing as my M3P. I logged into my personal Slacker account and the behavior was unchanged.

Can someone else confirm this happens with thiers? If this is across the board, then why hasnt there been anymore attention been raised to this issue? Not all channels affected, seems like Owners Favorites is the worst affected, but Top 40 Countdown is also affected.

BTW: I don't listen to pop music all the time, it's just the station I noticed the problem on.

Mayhem

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Can we get back on topic? 😆 so anyone confirm the issue?

Long Ranger

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So I've noticed for the past few weeks that slacker is really screwed up. I first noticed that the station "Owner Favorites" would repeat the same 4 or so songs without me thumbs-downing anything really to speak of. Then decreased to 1 or 2 songs....
Yep, I just verified what you are seeing. Once I disabled “explicit lyrics” and chose “Owner Favorites” that station was reduced to just one song.

Mayhem

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Yep, I just verified what you are seeing. Once I disabled “explicit lyrics” and chose “Owner Favorites” that station was reduced to just one song.
Thanks, dude. I don't know how to report this, but as someone who filters out the dirty songs (got kids riding with me , y'know) some of the playlist are drastically reduced and it sucks big time.

zosoisnotaword

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I haven't had that specific issue, but I did notice that the variety of music played on a channel is affected too much by songs that had a thumbs up. I started to un-thumbs up everything, but it will not save. I've tried pressing it and then skipping to next, and I've tried it while letting the song play through. Neither method works, so the variety is still pretty narrow on some of my stations.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks, dude. I don't know how to report this, but as someone who filters out the dirty songs (got kids riding with me , y'know) some of the playlist are drastically reduced and it sucks big time.
I don't have the filter turned on, and don't think I've ever come across a song inappropriate for kids in the car. maybe it greatly depends on the 'station' selected. idk

Mayhem

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Follow up: Support email sent to Slacker (LiveXLive). Got a basically "not my problem" response. Not sure if I should escalate it or just say forget it and wait for enough people to complain so they know it's an issue.

Here is the response:

LiveXLive Listener
Dec 29, 18:23 PST
Songs are being inappropriately flagged for explicit content. If I play the Tesla 'Owners Favorites' playlist, only 1 song ("Trampoline" by Shaed) is the ONLY song that will play over and over if I have elected to skip songs with explicit lyrics.

Frank S. (LiveXLive)
Dec 30, 09:50 PST
LiveXLive receives its content information from record labels and rights-holders. This information is not independently verified by LiveXLive. As such, we do not guarantee that all explicit or non-explicit content is properly labeled. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Best regards,
Frank
LiveXLive Support