Site Suggestions

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

teslaliving

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Would be nice to be able to filter new posts based on forums you're interested in. I like to read all new posts in some categories and none in others.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Use the watched forum option. This way new stuff floats to the top when you click new posts

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I like that the top banner now collapses a little when you start to scroll...
I do not like the screen filling promotional image that is at the top one every single page. could it not be a 700x90-ish banner? It was mentioned the site would not have outside ads, but honestly, I'd rather see a banner add than an internal huge image on every page that I need to scroll past.
Just my 2₵

TrevP

Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sorry, I was making some changes and forgot the option for user dismissal. Fixed now

TrevP

Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Skagit Doug you can change your email address in your profile, just click your avatar in the top right toolbar and chose contact details. You can also change your profile name by chosing chane username in the same place.

If that doesn't help let me know and I can delete your account completely and you can register again as you please.

Thanks!

teslaliving

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Is there a way to exclude forums from the "new posts and threads" display? The "From Electrek" stuff is polluting it for me and if I want their news (which is usually quite good) I'll get it there, I don't need someone else reposting it for me.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is there a way to exclude forums from the "new posts and threads" display? The "From Electrek" stuff is polluting it for me and if I want their news (which is usually quite good) I'll get it there, I don't need someone else reposting it for me.
I am with you. One work around is to open that forum section and click "mark forums read' at the top left of the page - then choose the option to only mark that specific forum as read, not all boards.

teslaliving

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I am with you. One work around is to open that forum section and click "mark forums read' at the top left of the page - then choose the option to only mark that specific forum as read, not all boards.
I actually did that but the Electrek stuff still turned up in the new section.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
TrevP,

Create a new account, and use that account for auto-posting news articles.
Then people can simply choose to ignore that "user" if they don't wish to see those posts.

TrevP

Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I used to do that on a website that I helped moderate. :)
Say no more... :)

Ok, so added a user "RSSFeed" and change all the Electrek article associations to that user (lots of database mojo on my part). Ignore that user and you shouldn't see the articles anymore.

I setup the RSS feed to pull their good articles so it gives us a place to discuss them here instead of the horrid comments they have on their system that gets filled up with junk.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@TrevP - did you remove the "mark forum as read" ? I see it for the entire site, but not section specific any more.

ETA - when widening my browser window, it shows up, but when window is narrow it goes away

TrevP

Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It's still there, just goes into a drop down when the screen sizes goes down. Artifact of responsive system. Maybe I'll see if I can tweak things a bit so make the menu more obvious.

It's under the ellipsis
screenshot_20161001-084334-png.598

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Two things. First, this thread keeps getting listed as having unread messages, even though the last post was on Oct 1 and I definitely read it. I don't know what's up with that. I'm hoping that this reply fixes things.

Two: can you update the RSSFeed posts to include the entire title from Electrek? If the software we run has a title limit, can we duplicate the title in the body of the post too? Sometimes I click through to Electrek just to read the rest of the (missing) title, then determine that I don't really want to read the article. :)

EDIT: this thread no longer shows up as "unread" since I posted this reply. Strange.

Last edited: