Since Trevor is on vacation...if anything I can answer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayc

Country
Country
Hi Kenneth,

Any further thoughts on the rear glass. At the reveal it was fully transparent but later days we saw the top part tinted. I am hoping there will be a tint where rear passengers are seated because it would be too intrusive otherwise.

Kennethbokor

Country
Country
Hi, we too feel that it will be tinted a bit and coated with UV protectant for the obvious reasons. We have no other firm info other than what you can see for the current Model S option. Hopefully Reveal 3.0 will provide these details. thanks for asking.

Daliman

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks Ken for stepping in. I recal a Tweet by Elon where he was asked about tinting for the glass roof and said yes for UV and ultraviolet. I think he said he burns easily so he knows the need.

[Note from mod: 2nd part of post moved to new thread 'Model ≡ reservations by country?' in Reservation Tracker forum]

Last edited by a moderator:

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Tesla will be using the same UV / infrared coatings used on the Model X on the Model 3.

I can confirm after being in a Model X in the hot Florida sun that heat and sunburns are not a problem ;)

pjfw8

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla will be using the same UV / infrared coatings used on the Model X on the Model 3.

I can confirm after being in a Model X in the hot Florida sun that heat and sunburns are not a problem ;)
Any idea if Tesla's paint includes IR and UV protection or heat block technology?

Kennethbokor

Country
Country
Hi there, not sure if the paint includes that but I would guess UV protection at a minimum. There are mixed reactions to Tesla's paint in the owners forums, however I've read they've been working on improving the paint quality and finishes. You may want to check in with a store pjfw8 in your area and ask them more questions on the paint.

pjfw8

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi there, not sure if the paint includes that but I would guess UV protection at a minimum. There are mixed reactions to Tesla's paint in the owners forums, however I've read they've been working on improving the paint quality and finishes. You may want to check in with a store pjfw8 in your area and ask them more questions on the paint.
Good idea

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I plan on addding full frontal film protector and also Opticoat the rest of the car

Steve C

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
I plan on addding full frontal film protector and also Opticoat the rest of the car
What company do you have doing the job @TrevP ?

I'd like the same but want to make sure I trust the company doing the work. You know what I mean.

I guess there is valet mode.

pjfw8

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That's what clearcoats are for
I was researching sunny climate color choices. There was mention of darker colors, including red and blue that use so called "cool technology" to reflect infrared. The were, in effect, cool paint alternatives. I am less concerned with paint protection than having a cooler car during the summer. My wife does not like white or silver.

Mirek

Putting film protection might decrease functions of varies sensors and cameras installed in the car. I don't think it would be good idea.
There is no worry about rust with aluminum panels

Status
Not open for further replies.