Side Mirrors not returning to proper position after Easy Entry

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

mptpro

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Model 3P
Software 8 & 9

When the car exits out of Easy Entry and back into the previous driver's profile, everything adjust correctly (steering wheel, seats etc), except the side view mirrors. They stay in the East Entry position (facing down, such as when going in reverse). If I manually press the driver profile again, then it adjusts the side mirrors correctly.

I have tried deleting the driver profile and creating new ones, and even trying to change the Easy Entry profile to match the side mirrors with that of the primary driver - neither worked.

I mentioned this to the Service Center in Costa Mesa, CA and the Tesla Store in Mission Viejo in CA and they had experienced the same in the M3 and MX, but had no answer to the problem.

This occured in both software 8 & 9.

Anyone experience the same and/or have a fix?

Yeah, I've had that happen, intermittently too, so there didn't seem to be a pattern. My simple fix was just to turn off the automatic mirror fold on Reverse. I didn't like it anyway. The problem with these kinds of issues is that they are so hard to diagnose unless it's really obvious, and I didn't think it was worth Tesla's money to put new mirrors on the car, when it just might be a software problem. So now my mirrors are set the way I like them, and they stay there.

skygraff

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I’ve experienced this with coming out of Valet mode (even though the mirrors shouldn’t have changed position). I don’t use valet services just engage the mode in some parking situations to make the car more secure.

atebit

Event Horizon II
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
No issues with the mirrors but I have had the driver seat back not return to where it should be after Easy Access. Resaving my driver profile with the seat in the correct position doesn’t seem to help. Sometimes it gets it right, usually it’s a little off.

processengr

Country
Country
My passenger side mirror tilts down when the steering wheel retracts in easy entry mode. Then sometimes it does not return to original position. Milford CT service center has calibrated twice, then changed out entire mirror assembly. Same issue. It does this whether auto tilt and auto fold are both or one on or off. I have been through about 4 software revisions, on V9 now.
Very annoying....

@gravityrydr

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
My passenger side mirror tilts down when the steering wheel retracts in easy entry mode. Then sometimes it does not return to original position. Milford CT service center has calibrated twice, then changed out entire mirror assembly. Same issue. It does this whether auto tilt and auto fold are both or one on or off. I have been through about 4 software revisions, on V9 now.
Very annoying....
Same here, with not returning to the correct position after entry. Switching to another profile then immediately back the mirror returns to the correct position. Kind of annoying. Not enough to be a problem, I treat it as one of those Tesla quirks I'll live with that will probably eventually get fixed.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I had this exact problem. I called my nearest SC and they fixed this somehow with an OTA update and voila, everything is fine. It took a few days though... I recommend calling them as they seemed like they have heard this before and know how to fix it.

processengr

Country
Country
My SC in Milford CT is unaware of a fix. They have even replaced the entire mirror assembly. May I ask which SC did you use? Maybe I can get the info for Milford SC(The only one in CT, where Teslas cannot be sold!).

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
The West Los Angeles - Santa Monica Blvd SC. But they had to call to the mothership (some higher level engineering team) and they confirmed it to them while I was on hold. Sorry that wasn't helpful.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
@mptpro This was exactly what was happening to me and they were able to fix it without ever stepping foot in a SC. Sent a fix OTA a few days after I called. Have you tried calling Tesla?

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So my issue is similar to the OP, but with the steering wheel staying in the last position instead of the mirrors. In Easy Entry I have the wheel all the way IN and UP, under my profile I save it as OUT and MIDDLE, but switching between the two moves everything but the wheel.

From V8 to V9 software nothing really improved the issue for me.

I've deleted profiles and easy entry settings with no luck.... kinda annoying and strange.

Ever solve your issue @mptpro ?

mptpro

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Got my M3 back this afternoon after Service replaced the right mirror assembly - its only been a few hours but so far the mirror is returning to it's correct position after exiting EasyEntry!

mptpro

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
four days later, it has begun again :( I already contacted service and they're looking into the logs..... Personally I don't think it's hardware as my mirror assembly has been replaced twice now.

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Personally I don't think it's hardware as my mirror assembly has been replaced twice now.
100% agree, it's got to be a software bug... My steering wheel otherwise works perfectly, for some reasons the settings just don't save to the profiles/easy entry correctly. :confused: