shop.tesla.com issues

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
I ordered the wall connector on Sept 09. Still haven't received it. Finally got connected with Tesla but they just keep telling me it is in the queue to be shipped. Anyone else having trouble getting their wall connector? My Model 3 was delivered in less time than my wall connector!
Mine took 3 or four weeks but I ordered it well before my delivery so it was there in plenty of time. My wife has one of the ones with the "fancy" signature faceplates from her referral owed to her. We need it for our ski cabin but it's still not reflected in her account. I would be surprised if we get it before Christmas.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I ordered mine 6 weeks before delivery; it arrive damaged in 4 weeks. The replacement took an additional 3 weeks. It has been installed and charging for 8 weeks. However, I don’t believe it was a necessary purchase for us. We drive less than 20 miles a day most days. And actually only charge once or twice a week. Any 30 Amp “dryer” plug would have been adequate for us.

RonAz

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I ordered two items from the Tesla Shop. One of the items, tire chains, is shown as order shipped. The other item, a wall charger, is not even mentioned even though I have been charged for both. Should they not follow the standard shipping practices of " shipped one of two, 2 of 2 backordered".
The way it is done makes me wonder if the wall charger will ever be shipped. All I recieved is "order shipped, tire chains"
Perhaps it is just the way they do it. Anyone else order mutiple items and have their order handled in this way?
I was going to order the paint touchup kit, but it was listed as on backorder so I didn't bother. Wall charger was not listed as on backorder.

RonAz

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Update. This is just the way their system works. I just got an email saying that my second item has shipped.

RickO2018

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just thought I'd share a recent experience I had with the TESLA Home Charger, online TESLA customer support, and trying to obtain a replacement part.

After about 4 months of use, my home charger's power grip's face plate began to separate from the grip. (Since I have no garage, my charger is mounted outside, but protected from direct rainfall.) Concerned that the separating face plate could result in further charger damage, I wrote to TESLA's online Customer Service (there is not a number to call them directly) and explained the problem. Not hearing anything for several weeks and two more emails, I elevated the problem by writing via the service web site's "escalation" feature. Finally I received a two emails originating from different personnel along with a shipping notification that they were sending me a complete new charger along with a return shipping label! When I wrote back and asked why they can't just send the cable, the one sentence response was that it wasn't a serviceable part, therefore I needed to replace the entire charger - at my expense. I explained I didn't think I should be responsible for paying an electrician again to uninstall and reinstall the new charger, and was told basically that they understood, and promptly canceled the replacement charger's shipment. A few days later I received the replacement charger anyway, notified them that I got it but still would like TESLA to pay for the electrician to replace it. After a few more emails and finally waiting 50 minutes to speak to someone about it via the 1-800 TESLA Service number, was told they would look into it but only received another return shipment label for the charger I received anyway! This issue demonstrated a less than optimal online customer service and the online store. So be prepared to have a difficult time dealing with any warrantee issues relating to their online product store.

Ultimately I got tired of waiting for any indication that TESLA would help with an electrician and simply took an afternoon and carefully removed and replaced the charger on my own. The one I sent back is a good charger, but made useless by cheap glue! Hopefully their future versions of the charger will fix the problem, or at least they should make one that is serviceable.

Attachments

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Anyone have a phone number for shop.tesla?, I have a Hat and a beanie in order beanie for over a month and nobody reply to my emails. Order some other car stuff in the meantime and got it. March are xmas gift so need them soon.

Jay79

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I ordered my Key Fob over two weeks ago, nothing yet. Normal behavior for them, I've ordered a ton of stuff over the past few months. Sometimes it arrives quick and other times super slow. Never taken longer than 3 weeks, I'll give it another week or so before I try to contact someone.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I agree, their ordering department is the worst. I've ordered a NEMA 6-20 adapter *twice* from them. Once they charged me but never shipped the product. Second time they shipped me a NEMA 10-30 adapter instead. I'm not willing to try again and will try to find the adapter elsewhere.

ADK46

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ordered winter floor mats on Dec 6, despite the 3-4 weeks availability. Got an enthusiastic "has shipped!" note the next day, but all they'd done was prepare a shipping label. As of Dec 19, this label is still sitting in a pile somewhere.

People who sell perfumed soaps out of their spare bedrooms do better than this. Tesla should hire them.

Derik

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm still sitting on an order from Nov 13th. I've e-mailed twice and have yet to get a response from them.